Wrapping Party 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm glad to know that I'm in good company when it comes to tape. I kept a pair of scissor and tape for gift wrapping only a hidden secret until last year when it was discovered. Now I have a second set of scissors/tape for gift wrapping only that is hidden, for now. :rolleyes:

I'll be going out to finish school supply shopping tomorrow and I'll pick up the tape and some "garage sale" tags for gift tags.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Sounds like most of us had a great first wrapping day.
Having read these comments though I am adding tape to the shopping list for this week!!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Cleaned up my craft area in prep for getting out and setting up wrapping supplies. Got out my supply of bows - the tote of wired ribbon never got put away last year so that is handy, lol

Will work on getting other supplies out next!

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The second of the wrapping parties for this year is coming up this Sunday 23rd September.
A great chance to wrap some gifts, organise the gift closet or make a list. Great to tick some jobs off the list.
Put on some music and get wrapping!!!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I may box some gifts. I usually like to box them as I go and save wrapping for big sessions later in the year.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've decided that I am going to spend 1 hour every Sunday morning on wrapping - have plugged it into my daily planner tool between now and Christmas on any Sunday it will possibly work. I'm just going to set a timer and when the hour is up I move on.

My schedule is so packed already between LIFE and HGP and freezer cooking and crafting that I wasn't leaving any room for wrapping. So that is what I am going to try - starting with this Sunday which is a wrap party anyway!

Once I get caught up on wrapping all the things I've got so far - most of them crafted gifts - then I can play it by ear if I need to spend time on any given Sunday or not.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ. Good plan. I am in my craft room now. I have just checked ribbons, bows, tape (I need more tape), tissue paper and Christmas cards. I am ready for the wrapping party this Sunday.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I entered all the dates into my phone.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i have acouple things to wrap will do before i go get my grandson

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I spent an hour + working on wrapping yesterday. Most of that time was getting organized TO wrap however. So I only got 5 gifts actually wrapped.

BUT the upstairs area is all back in order - even the storage rooms and all my supplies are out and easy to hand. I even went through my tote of wired ribbon and sorted them according to color. Should make it much easier now to spend some time each Sunday morning on this!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ. great work. Your Sunday wrapping sessions will be a breeze now.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am setting aside a whole day next week just to wrap stocking fillers. I will go to mum's and we will just go until they are all done.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I'm glad to know that I'm in good company when it comes to tape. I kept a pair of scissor and tape for gift wrapping only a hidden secret until last year when it was discovered. Now I have a second set of scissors/tape for gift wrapping only that is hidden, for now. :rolleyes:

That's what I need to do, hide a pair of scissors and tape. All year long the scissors and tape can be found in the kitchen drawer and the craft drawer but once Nov hits, they all disappear :eek:and I have to go on a hunt for them :mad:

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I will not start wrapping until Nov and unfortunately I can't start wrapping the kid stuff until Dec. I am usually done buying for the kids by the start of Dec but since my dad and his wife are on a fixed income they will shop for the kids Christmas gifts out of the stuff we bought and pay us. Since I always get great deals on the stuff we buy they can get more for their money shopping through us instead of on their own.

I will be setting up several dates in Nov and Dec to wrap but the goal is to be done wrapping by Dec 19th.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, what a good idea for your dad and his wife. Certainly make things easier for them and saves a few dollars.

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Minta, what a good idea for your dad and his wife. Certainly make things easier for them and saves a few dollars.

Thanks, it definitely makes things easier for them and because of all the deals i get including shopping black friday there are able to give them more without spending more which makes them happy.

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye