HGP - Guest Room 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This week is dedicated to our guest rooms! Or just guest prep if you don't have a room per say!

Or feel free to swap the week out - use it as catch up time!

http://holidaygrandplan.com/holiday-grand-plan/07-guest-room-week

Guest rooms ready for holiday guests? They will be, after we tackle them during Week Seven of the Holiday Grand Plan: Guest Room Week!

This week, we deep-clean, organize and prepare for overnight guests.

In holiday prep, we keep plugging away on gifts, whether to-make or to-buy. Decor alert: Halloween is coming!

Ready? Let's get organized with Guest Room Week in the Holiday Grand Plan!

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Our guest room is also the hubby's man cave so he maintains that room. I will be using this time to finish dealing with the garage nightmare and redoing my kitchen cabinets/pantry cabinets in the wake of the cleaning up the garage nightmare. I am gonna need a drink or 2 after this mess.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hang in there Minta! I feel your pain!

I did actually do some cleanup in guest room this weekend - changed sheets - decluttered some. A lot of items in that room will shortly be removed as I pack the camper over next week or so.

I actually had assigned this week on the plan as Play Room/Upstairs Bathroom week but have gotten no where so far.

Will ask DH about putting together shelves I bought for play room tonight - that will get me jump started for sure!

Bathroom will be easy - normal clean + window and the inside of the vanity - shouldn't take too long!

Reactions: Minta

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I had done most of my deep house cleaning the beginning of fall because of company. But the closet in the guest room needs to be purged. It's where I store all my photos and other "junk" for lack of a better term. There are tons of photos that can be pitched that are mine. I know they will mean nothing to my son or husband when I'm gone. And I have so many dupicates of family. I want to pull those out and take them to cemetery day so the cousins can take what they want. Thank goodness the rest of the room is in good shape.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
So Holiday Prep tasks are something that we've all chatted about giving us the most stress on (vs. cleaning tasks) when we feel like we aren't where we need to be.

Given that we are deep into the HGP now, it might not be a bad time to take stock of where we are at in this realm of things?

How do you feel you are doing on:

Master Gift List
Updating Christmas Card List
Menus
Master Holiday Groc List - Perishable vs. Non Perishable
Christmas Budget
Setting up Wrapping Station/Starting to Wrap Gifts
Picking up Stocking Stuffers

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
No real progress on HGP'ing the play room yet. I did take up an empty set of storage drawers (white) that were downstairs unused. I have plans to completely rearrange toy storage once DH puts together the shelves I bought. I'll have to take a before pic - if I'm not too embarrassed to show it! :oops:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Master Gift List - Missing a few things but doing good
Updating Christmas Card List - still have to do
Menus - same things every year
Master Holiday Groc List - Perishable vs. Non Perishable - work in progress
Christmas budget - doing good
Setting up Wrapping Station/Starting to Wrap Gifts - no place for that
Picking up Stocking Stuffers - missing just a few

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got the spare room emptied of most of the clutter yesterday - although closet still needs work!!!

My main focus was the playroom this week and it is DONE!!! SO much better up there now! New shelves are put together and in place. Only partially filled which is fine, leaves room for things he'll get at Christmas. I packed away a lot of things in totes - to be brought out again later so they'll seem fresh.

Got out some things that had been packed away for a while. Set up a little art desk area for him. Organized all the small dress up play things into drawers, masks into a large bucket and costumes on the coat tree.

Cleaned the window, swept, vacuumed - all is ready for playtime!

At which point it won't look like I did anything - LOL!

Just kidding - it won't look like that until we have a party and all the kids go up there. Which is ok!