Crafters Challenge October 13th-19th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Getting to mid month!

Yesterday I decided to do the Bento block for the sewing group Tuesday night. Three sections turned out fine and one I need to examine. Went to bed about 11:30 so will work on it later today.

Getting ready to go see my great aunt and have just a couple quilt ornaments to finish up so will do that there.

What are your goals this week?

Always nice to have the time alone to sew!!!

Happy Crafting!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I need to make a specific list and attack it! That said, I have a week full of other-than-crafting plans. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS! I plan to work on a felt Christmas stocking for JB, a soft soccer ball for Julia, and, hopefully, some felt food for Sonja. Also, I need to make a couple of greeting cards and figure out what to make for DGDs for Christmas … and it goes on ...

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
The Bento Blocks look cool but hard to do all those squares.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD, I still have a list to get through too and find at the moment that "real life" is getting in the way.
Hope to be able to sit down soon and get some more done.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Sorry, guess the the date is the 14th.....

Block is done and I am happy with it. Done in 3 oranges. Was to be monochromatic. I like orange but not a color I would normally go for.

Finished the sewing on the ornaments so now to put the thimbles on them and needles. Plus the hanger (fishing line-my ususal) on.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today I crafted. Finished my 3 costumes (well missing 1 piece of gray felt but all is cut to glue it on, will take 5 minutes). Made a watercolor card for dniece.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got some crafting done this weekend - but not a much as I'd hoped of course!

Tied the fringe on one fleece blanket - almost done embroidering cover on one of the felt book ornaments.

Cut more pieces I need to finish Monster Treat Bags.

That's about it!

This week my list is:

- Finish Monster Treat Bags!
- Stuff felt marshmallows and attach to end of dowel rods
- Cut pieces to sew "handles" for other ends of dowel rods
- Stuff and sew felt book "insides"
- Continue work on felt book ornaments, finishing both if possible!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, phew, that is some list.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Was to craft today but with fire happening at backdoor neighbor's everything got pushed aside. I need to start those new knit socks ASAP.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Ended up working on embroidery on felt Meade notebook cover last night instead of anything else :oops:

Will work on it again at lunch and waiting for DS in taekwondo class as it is what I brought with me - then tonight I'll work on treat bags!!! Would like to finish taping on tongues and taping the bottoms tonight - filling with candy too if possible.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished my purse finally. I'm pretty happy with it. It went together easy except for sewing the straps. Where they are attached you sew through all the pieces front, back lining and stabilizers, the straps, and the zipper tabs. I trimmed the zipper ends back as much as I could. My sewing machine just couldn't handle that much bulk so I finished it by hand.
The wallet is cut out and I'm ready to start sewing it.
I'll have plenty of time for that and other projects ( and I have tons of them) since the quilting thread I need is now coming the first week of November.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
AJ, adorable, the students will love them.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Great treat bags!

I haven't accomplished much crafting this week but did a great job with garden clean up today. Our weather is wonderful. Indian Summer here!

Reactions: Lana and Miss JoDee