Crafters Challenge November 11th----17th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Week To ALL!!!

Seems everybody is finishing some stuff up and starting more.

I am still cleaning in my room hope to wipe it out today and tomorrow and then have to clean some for deer season next week-end and get groceries.

Start vacation Thursday for 11 days so hoping to do a few projects then. And decorate.

Projects For Christmas:

Have 3 different ornaments to do for friends and family so will get them all cut and painted (I do for about 8 or 9 people) they are easy oranments

Make the reindeer food---usually 75 to 80 bags will have to get a count

Blanket for Teigans 18" doll bed she will get and pillow.

Microwave bowl holders

Finish moms over the arm sewing thingy

few more turkey pot holders

What are you doing this week? Curious minds wanna know! AND SEE!

Have a GREAT week!!!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
It will be more sewing for me this week and next. Just going to post everything I still neeed to get donefor Christmas and take it from there.

Two 18” doll outfits
2 snack mats
Barbie wedding dress
Two knitting bags.

Think I will start with the two doll outfits. One is already cut out and for the second I will need to take a skirt from good will apart for a doll coat.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I have a few Christmas gifts that I need to focus on this week, although it's an otherwise busy week, too.
  • Alphabet soft books for Sonja and Julia (Christmas)
  • Christmas gift for Iris – knit necklace? – socks?
  • Felt kit Christmas stocking (for JB)
  • Mini notebook cover pattern/notebook (for Shirley/Christmas?)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I know, not on my list, but I made a couple of lefsé cozies today to give to a wonderful neighbor of mine. She uses towels to cool her lefsé, and I thought she might enjoy the cozies.

Pictures are posted on my blog.

I'll post my Scandinavian gnome here …

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lots of crafting this week! That gnome is neat!
Took my big machine to Columbus to be serviced. It will be about 2 weeks before it's ready. Bought some fabric for the nutcracker quilt and pre wound bobbins.
I need to hand finish my fleece wrap and work on my Christmas vest. Going to have my husband pin the excess around the back of the arm holes on the vest! Should be interesting, lol. I'm going to try to do a pattern adjustment to fix that.
I have 2 Christmas aprons to make for my cousin. Need to get busy on those.
But today I'm decorating the Christmas tree in the living room. :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm wanting to do gnomes like that! need to find the fur.

Knit & crochet here and work on my painting for paint class.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Everyone is doing great!

I finished the 2nd fleece blanket last night - finally!!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/45865204921/in/dateposted-public/

Also whipped together a "peasant villager" costume for DS for the Cinderella play tomorrow by adding felt patches to clothing we had (or I ran to Walmart and bought!)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/45140899604/in/dateposted-public/

Finished the sewing on the 2nd book ornament today - that project is ready to glue together and be done.

Started the French knot embroidery on a tank top - we'll see if I can make this look the way it does in my head - plan is sort of an ombre effect - tank is cream color and I'm starting with black knots and will graduate into other colors from there - I'm still playing with it...

Need to review my overall plans and figure out what is going to give (something always does) and what I can still accomplish without killing myself. I know I need to get things I'm shipping on Dec 10th done first. That means the tank tops (2), one felt ornament from scratch, one felt ornament to fix/finish, tissue paper suncatchers, tags for the pinecone firestarters, Pineapple notebook set (quicky), and maybe - just maybe - two embroidered tees - just a very simple design of an animal "peeking" out a pocket.

AND I need to get class Christmas treats started too.

Come on, Starbucks - don't fail me now!:eek:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
No crafting yesterday :( It was a marathon of a day - lots of unexpected stressful things to deal with - just UGH. Glad it's over and hoping for a better and more productive day today!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron’s Mom ~ You’re making such good progress.

Lucie ~ The gnomes are pretty quick and easy. There are lots of tutorials online if you need one.

AJ ~ Wonderful work! How’s the French knot embroidery going? Have you tried the colonial knot? It works better for me.

Rose ~ Fray check might help on the edges of the jacket pieces if you wanted to try it.

I’ve worked a little on the Christmas stocking this week, a little on the soft books, and knit a little necklace with ladder yarn. I like the necklace and can’t decide if Iris would like/wear it, so I am thinking of just keeping it for myself. I have enough yarn I could knit another one if when she sees it she says she would want one. It might also be something she could knit for herself. She would need some help joining in the round but should be able to handle the rest. It’s just knitting round and round a few times.

I went to Creative U today yesterday and bought sock yarn for Iris as well as a ton of cuddle fabric to make throws for DDs' families (Christmas 2019).

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rose ~ Are you doing the two-at-a-time sock method? I love that! You don't end up with only one sock done.

I should be starting socks for Iris soon.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I have never heard of the 2 at a time sock method! And Rose, I second the fray check. I had never used it until this year and it's pretty handy.
Dahlia, so glad to hear someone else has looked ahead to Christmas 2019. My cousins thought I was nuts because I had picked up a few gifts for next year.
I haven't got to any of my projects, in major Christmas decorating mode here.
My cousin decided she didn't need the aprons till next year so that's one thing off my list. My husband helped pin my vest. Who knew he was so handy! And my machine is ready so I'll make a trip to Columbus the beginning of the week.
Sounds like every one has had a productive weeek.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Myron’s/DJ it would take a lot of fray check as there is 14 seams in that little jacket. Just going to keep my eyes open for another piece of fabric and when I find it, make it I can always throw it in with her birthday gift or next Christmas.

Myron I’m gotten so I don’t tell people when I have picked up something one year for the next except DH along with how much doing so as saved us. We were in the states a few weekends ago and I came home with flannel for dgd’s nightgown for next Christmas. Even with the exchange it was less than half of what I would pay here when it goes 50% off. DH even help pick out the fabric.

DJ am thinking of trying to do the two socks in one. Just not sure if it’s the one inside the other or side by side. I have some yarn I picked up at the knitters fair this past Sept and it has three colours so I kind of what to make sure they match up. Going to keep an eye out for upcoming classes at the yarn store to see what they offer. Hinted to family about a gift card for the store and it can be used for classes.