2018 Christmas Prep for You

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, good job on the exercise. I like the to do list idea. Very clever.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Working hard on the going to bed earlier as nights are not as good as they used to be. doing ok with the exercise and better with the water

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Two weeks until Christmas Eve! How's everyone doing?

The list is helping me. Overall, I am happy with the way things are going. It tends to get super busy here at this point forward. I tend to stay up later to make up for lost time with concerts, homework, etc. I'm going to really work at getting to bed by 10 pm these next two weeks. I think that keeping to a 10 pm bed time and eating healthy has helped these last few months. The family has been relatively healthy so far. I've got tons of boxes of Kleenex compared to last year. LOL!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, glad to hear that the family are well.
I too am concentrating on earlier bedtimes, putting down the electronics and reading for a while before bed.
Water consumption is up, it is getting hotter here.
I have not over scheduled events this year and I have spread things out so I am not as tired.

What I need to do is to come up with a plan to avoid or minimise the post Christmas blues that seem to hit every year.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Good job, Katrina! I like your idea of working on a list for the post Christmas Blues. I would like to do the same thing too.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have not been doing very well about taking care of myself so needed to revisit this thread. I have been completely exhausted, not eating right or much at all and my water intake has been nonexistent! I have been surviving on coffee. :eek: I haven't been exercising either. I feel like I have been running from one thing to the next with the kids and other obligations. It's time to sloooow down and enjoy the season. I still have a garland to hang and then i'm done with decorations.

I want to get back to my relaxing nightly baths, running at least 3 times a week (even just a mile those 3 days) and upping my water intake a lot! I need to meal plan and get some good healthy food back into this house for all of us. Time to focus on family and ME!

Reactions: Gingerbug

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
You can do it Jesse. It gets so much harder when life gets in the way. The migraines you have been suffering don't help at all. It is nice when you can send your children on errands.
I know for me procrastination is my biggest enemy. I am prone to depression and if I can get myself up and moving I would be so much happier. Exercise, gets me moving, sometimes I experience health issues and then motivation is out the window. Hoping, to start out at a slower pace and work up to more as I get healthier. weight loss will help a lot.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, I think a lot of us are in the same boat. I definitely need to lose weight. I too suffer from depression and anxiety and let myself down when it comes to looking after me.
I have given it some thought and if DD and her BF get really serious I will not want to look awful in their wedding photos. Come the new year it will be the start.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I am a huge procrastinator as well! That's a big problem for me with my graduate school. It wasn't at first but it has become so with this last class. I need to focus on fixing that in the new year.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mrs. Soup, what's the one thing you want to start doing tomorrow? I am keeping a small chart of my daily health goals handy for me to see. It's a great visual cue to help me remember.

Something that I've been doing for the last 3 school years is walking my daughter to the bus stop in the morning. It's a half mile walk at 7:30 am and I'm telling you, if I wasn't awake and motivated before I walked out the door, I am when I get back. (My dd didn't like it at first but now it's time for us to talk. In the afternoon, I meet her halfway due to my work schedule.) The winter is the toughest because of the 20-30 degree weather but it does help with the energy.

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Mary- I want to start drinking more water! I think that is the most important health change I can implement immediately with NO excuses.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary- I want to start drinking more water! I think that is the most important health change I can implement immediately with NO excuses.
I do OK with the water in the Summer. It is in the winter that I need to drink more.
Maybe we can set up a page where we can all encourage each other and post ideas on ways to keep on track.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I booked my last massage in my package from my birthday for a few days after Christmas. I figured that would be the best time for it. haha

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I've had an ongoing situation that had to be resolved this week. I was tempted to do my HHP work late to catch up but I didn't. Instead I've been going to bed around 10 pm. I am letting go of the extra special things for a good night sleep. I am so glad that I am doing that for me. I think it is helping me to deal with the stress surrounding the situation and getting ready for Christmas. I am also keeping up with my vitamins and trying to keep up with some of the exercise.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, I hope that the situation passes quickly. Good for you for looking after yourself, we are no good to anyone if we are unwell.