Crafters Challenge December 9th-December 15th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Morning Friends!

Got the batting yesterday for the microwave bowl cozies, and blanket for 18" doll. Also a canvas for Teigan to do mommy a picture. I am thinking peguin from her feet.

Will paint snowman face today and clean while drying. Would like to finish the sewing ornaments today too.

Might try to fit the doctor in but really don't have time!!!!!!!!!!!! Laundry to do.

What are your plans this week?

The blanket I got a pretty piece so will leave it whole and just quilt it diagonal. Will go fast. Can sew binding at work at lunch.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ Sounds like you've made a good plan!

I've been updating my UFO list for 2019 inspiration!

This week at DD's I'll finish up her placemats and work more on the dinette cushions. Other projects to fit in when I can are knitting baby blanket, making flannel receiving blankets and making a doll carrier for Julia.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I too have started to update and create my list for 2019. Am excited about all the possibilities for the new year.
When I have it all nutted out I will post a list.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished my painting today. boy the flame was really hard. I varnished it too. Have to bring it back to work, they will be hung up to show what people do in paint class.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Morning Friends!

Got the batting yesterday for the microwave bowl cozies, and blanket for 18" doll. Also a canvas for Teigan to do mommy a picture. I am thinking peguin from her feet.
My one daughter did the penguin from her children feet as a gift for me one year. It turned out so cute.

Working on my 2019 list and knitting away on hats and a scarf this week.

Reactions: Lana

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hello all!

Finished the 2nd tank embroidery - gift wrapped! :)

Started the Ribbon Paperclips project but I think I need to use a dab of hot glue on each one to keep ribbon in place - have to play with it. So much for quick and easy, lol

Will be working on class Christmas treats and the paperclips this week.

Also will be creating "Thanks for keeping me on target" gift card holders for slipping Target gift cards into for DS's teacher and two aides.

Reactions: Myron's Mom

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
In training all this week and it sucks sitting when your not used to be sitting all day. Kenny will be home tomorrow he has his last final at 8 in the morning and will be on the road after that. All I know is it better take him the 5 hours to get home he will never get out of a second ticket.

I did get the grinch faces cut out for ornaments but not happy with the green in the bulbs so searching for something else in a different color before doing anymore of those.

Finish Kenny's fleece blanket
work on tshirt quilt when he is not home
Karlee's mom angel ornament
Kayla and Kalis wine glasses
figure out saying for a wine glass for Randa and do
make bottle openers for Jay, David, Ken
Finish up moms family bottles
Hoping to have this done by wens so I can figure out what else needs to get done

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Sewn ornaments are done with the machine sewing so just have to do the hand stitching and button on. Will take to work as the quilt isn't cut. I prewashed all the material (I do sometimes and sometimes not) and the batting shred all over. Rewashed and some better but will have to take a lint brush to it. Always something.

Got the items to make the lotion and seasoning salt too.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished the Christmas class treats last night! Also got through about 1/2 of the ribbon paperclips - doing 75 total - they are turning out SUPER cute!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
AJ be sure to show pictures!

I got all the tags on the deer feed--Allen helped, packaged up the snowman ornaments, got 3 packages ready for the mail with 3 of the fabric ornaments I got done today at lunch, snowman ornament reindeer feed and a also another gift in one. Gift and stuff to Iowa, reindeer feed and ornaments to Texas and another local. Got fabric ironed and also have a thingy painted to try another snowman ornament.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished the ribbon paperclips last night but forgot to take a pic!

Things left to tackle:

Target Gift Card Holders (3)
"Gift Not Included" Tag
Gluing up the pieces to Marshmallow Roasting Sticks - found I have to pull some of the stuffing out to get stick down into the "handle" part and then use tweezers to get stuffing back in again - it's a pain - which is why I keep putting it off! :oops:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Darn! I wanted to see those cute paper clips!

Lana ~ You pre-wash batting, too?

It's great to see so much being accomplished!

I finished one flannel blanket this morning and I think I got the serger re-threaded. I'm going to try to get some serging done on the cushion covers while Julia naps, so I'd better get going!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Normally I don't wash the batting but this was the one that you put in potato bags and such and said you could or couldn't so thought heck washing the rest so in it went with the color catches and all.

Finished the other hand sewing on ornaments so need to glue the buttons on and put string in and start cutting other items.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I finished a shadow box. I’ll get it in the mail tomorrow. I need to paint on two grinch faces for glitter ornaments. And I need to help DD do the grinch wreath.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good job Diedra!

Got a bowl thingy done last night. Need to do 3 more for sure and maybe more. Was pretty simple! I made a potholder but have to put the binding on it yet.

Want to get rest cut and doll blanket cut. Allen said he would do that so I might go do my seasoning salt and lotion while waiting. He is in town now.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

After fighting with DD's serger for a while, I finally got all the fabric edges for the pillow covers serged. Then I sewed the first seams of the 5 remaining pillows so they are ready for the zippers. I didn't feel like starting the zippers right away, so I made a flannel receiving blanket. I'm getting fairly close to the end of the sewing projects I brought with me and the ones DD had in line for me, but it seems that now she is considering making a cover for her couch out of a large quilt that she's not using for anything else. I'm wondering if she's going to try to get me involved in that project.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
but it seems that now she is considering making a cover for her couch out of a large quilt that she's not using for anything else. I'm wondering if she's going to try to get me involved in that project.
You are allowed to use that 2-letter word.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
15 seasoning salts and 12 lotions done. Might get another lotion or 2 if I cut the bottles open.

Printed out some sayings and got the candy to put in a bag to staple to it.

I will put the ornaments, salts, lotions and sayings in a basket and will let family take what they want on Christmas Eve.

Getting ready to go fill the bags and cut fabric.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
IMG_1943.jpg Finished the two glitter Grinch ornaments. I figured out I could use sewing transfer paper to get a slight outline of the grinch face onto the ornament. Then I painted it with a black paint pen. Dh said I have to get the yellow for the eyes. I'll check Walmart for it tomorrow.