December 2018 declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I know December might not be the best month for decluttering, but in my case ds just bought a house so some stuff will be taken out of the house :).... hopefully before Christmas.

This morning I got 1 box of his shoes, 1 box of liquor and other stuff, 1 box of vitamins and protein powders and one box of miscellanous ready to go. If he doesn't want that stuff it will be donated. We do not need any of it. I also started a box of his dvd's but I'm not sure his girlfriend wants him to bring them to the house. So technically they are in boxes but not really out of the house yet.

I also got rid of tunic top that I've never worn and probably won't ever, it's nice but just doesn't fit right and dh does NOT like it at all.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Good for you Lucie in getting DS's stuff in boxes. They can take them or you can donate them. If they are important to him he will make sure he take them. I have one small box of items from DS. I was thinking I would do a shadow box or something but I'm going to just give them all to him since I've not done anything with them. He'll be 43 in a few weeks. Thinking I won't get to those shadow boxes. lol

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
We were doing really good in 17 and then 2 moved in and more stuff came here and mine stuff went into totes and who knows where. I suspect she will move sometime in Jan. or Feb. so will have to start with stuff here again. At least the room she is in has been painted and new flooring in before she came.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I used up some wrapping paper and got the empty tubes into the recycling. LOL. I do not think there will be much going on here for this month.
Keen to declutter Christmas when I pack it away and then start again in January.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I went through this decluttering binge last week while trying to get to the Christmas Totes. I sorted through the autumn/Thanksgiving decorations and made two small boxes for donations. I now have 3 large boxes, 2 medium boxes and 2 small boxes and one large bag in the trunk and back seat of my car. I will drop them off at the donation center tomorrow after work. A rather large chair was going to be donated until I moved it and saw that it was falling apart and the cushion was ripped. So that went into the trash earlier this week.

I have a lot more decluttering to do in the basement but that's not going to happen until after the New Year.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I have been absent for a long time but I am so excited to see the declutter club is still active. I need this so much in 2019. Clutter accumulates while you look the other way....2019 I'm back on the declutter wagon. I am seeking to simplify my life in a bunch of ways. Hope everyone is almost ready for Christmas! I am. Merry Christmas All.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Merry Christmas, Gingerbug. So glad to see you posting. I too am going to continue the decluttering I began this year.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Gingerbug that would be a good word for 2019... decluttering!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I found another bag and another box last night. My car was overflowing with stuff today but it is gone and hopefully blessing someone else. It feels like a weight is lifted. Funny how that works.

Reactions: Miss JoDee

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I took 2 bags to the charity yesterday. I hope that some of the people they serve can use the items. I am glad to get it all out of the house.
I will kick start again in January.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have one box in the garage that is ready for the next trip to GoodWill. I have started one box in Dh bedroom and one in mine. I've found this really helps. I put things into the boxes then if I find I haven't gone back to retrieve an item I'm ready for it to get out of my house.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am itching to keep at it but don't want the mess that it creates while doing it. Trying to wait until January. Have a couple boxes to add to too.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Things that got decluttered this weekend:

DS's bedroom
  • Bed (of course we will have to buy another one after the Holidays)
  • Armoire ( I would like another one but will see)
  • Blanket, pillows
  • Shoes (1 whole box)
  • Winter clothing
  • A box of liquor
  • Big dog cushion
  • Some shirts (still more that need to be sent to his house)
Other
  • BIG projector tv (very big and heavy, 4 20-years old to take it out)
  • A clock (hoping dh doesn't take it back out of the box!)
  • A kleenex cover box
  • Kitty accessories
  • All of ds's bathroom essentials (contact lens, razor, medication, etc...)
  • A dozen facecloths

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Things that got decluttered this weekend:

DS's bedroom
  • Bed (of course we will have to buy another one after the Holidays)
  • Armoire ( I would like another one but will see)
  • Blanket, pillows
  • Shoes (1 whole box)
  • Winter clothing
  • A box of liquor
  • Big dog cushion
  • Some shirts (still more that need to be sent to his house)
Other
  • BIG projector tv (very big and heavy, 4 20-years old to take it out)
  • A clock (hoping dh doesn't take it back out of the box!)
  • A kleenex cover box
  • Kitty accessories
  • All of ds's bathroom essentials (contact lens, razor, medication, etc...)
  • A dozen facecloths
And one DS! lol

We love our children but it wonderful to see that we raised them to be independent and starting their own household.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lol! good one Diedra :) He was already gone in appartment with girlfriend and cat but they spent their whole weekends here... now they live 5 minutes away by car so they will not be coming over to sleep anymore so that's a whole lot to get out of here :)

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
So I thought I would have to hang on to some things that needed to go to DS's family because we wouldn't have room in the car when we traveled there for Christmas. Since we had to leave early because dgd was in the hospital DS(27) drove out later and was able to bring what we couldn't fit in. The attic declutter is now complete!
s

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well done Jody. A big job that is finished.
DH is out in the garage tidying it up, I am not allowed out there lol. I do believe he is getting rid of some stuff so that makes me very happy.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
1 iphone radio and 1 decorating knick-knack in the donation box