Rudolph Day 2019 Project

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
So I found a fantastic Grinch quote picture at Kirkland's day after Christmas special. Its red canvas with the quote in white. I love it....so that made me start thinking I needed a Whoville Village BUT when I googled it I decided I couldn't invest in the Dept, 56 version as its quite costly.....I found some of the character figures that I will buy but I'm going to try and recreate the houses (Whoville style) and I bought some trees that I thought looked "Who-ish"

So my year-long Rudolph Day project is to work on Whoville every Rudolph Day....hopefully I can do it. I have some old cheap village houses which I plan to paint and add candy (ornaments), snow and stuff to. I'm not sure how this will work out.

I haven't celebrated Rudolph Day in a couple of years but I think this project will be a great way to spend the 25th each month!

Do any of you have a year-long project that you work on every Rudolph Day?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Ginger, that sounds delightful and a great way to spend Rudy days. I will be interested to follow your progress.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Please take pictures every step of the way. I love a whoville village!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
grinch.jpg

Even though I m creating the village I need a few figures....I originally saw these half priced on Sears but they won't ship and I don't have a place close to check...so I found them on ebay for only slightly more. These are the three essential characters I wanted but will keep an eye out at resale places, ebay etc. etc. I have my first house ready to paint on January 25th. Its a faery garden house I already had but it never quite fit with my other faery stuff so it will become my first who house. It not too big and not too small and its round. Ill take some before and after photos when I work on it.

Reactions: housewife2

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
grinch quote.jpg

Heres the Grinch quotation picture that inspired this project. I bought it for six dollars the day after Christmas shopping at Kirkland's. All their stuff was 70 percent off I most likely would NOT have paid 24.99 for it....but 6 bucks...sure!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
What a great idea and project! Please report progress and post pictures as you go along!

Reactions: Gingerbug

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am so loving this idea. I am going to try and utilise Rudy days much more this year. I have a whole heap of crafts and other Christmas plans so will need time to do it all.

Reactions: Gingerbug

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I like to work on CIJ Ornaments on Rudy Days the first half of the year. Maybe Christmas cards the second half.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I am writing out 52 mini biographies of my parents' ancestors. I want to do 26 on my paternal side and 26 on my maternal side. In theory, it would be one biography a week for 2019. However, I will have to double up some weeks. I would like to use the Rudolph Days to organize what I've written each month.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, what a wonderful idea. I enjoy doing my family history although I have not worked on it for a while. Mini biographies would be a great addition.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom