Crafters Challenge January 6th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What beautiful work is happening right now.
Love the recipe binders, a great idea.
Myron’s Mom, that covered bauble is stunning. Well done.

Reactions: Myron's Mom

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Myron’s Mom the bulb jacket is very lovely.
FrostyShimmer I’m with you on using up knitting yarn before buying more. For the baby yarn could you knit two yarns together for children hats than donate them to a charity that collects coats, hats etc for those in needs or to a local school for children who may need hats. Or what about blankets for the Linus projects.

Got a good start on my skirt last night. Trying to decide if I want to try and line it or just throw a slip on.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thank you for all the nice compliments on the recipe binders!!! I'm really excited about how they are turning out! The girls are turning 12 (or is it 13??? :eek:) and they are starting to get interested in cooking/baking. The idea is that they can choose additional recipes they like -print them, clip them, and slip them into additional page protectors and put in the section they choose in their binder. It will grow with them :)

Did some stitching on one of the divider tab pages last night - turned out super cute. I used a piercing tool to poke the holes first. Will definitely do that on some more of them. I pinned a bunch of fun quotes about food, baking, cooking yesterday and will use those as my material for writing fun things all over the divider tabs.

Have another crop of recipes prepped to print too - still working on a tips and tricks document - sort of a brain dump of all the little things I've learned over the years in the kitchen :)

Finished all 24 goodies bags last night too - they turned out super cute!!! Will take a pic to share soon!

Did a small amount of embroidery on the pillowcase I started - have it with me to take along to DS's taekwondo class tonight so I can get some more done.

Still haven't started the birthday cards, more than likely that will have to wait until this weekend. I have simple designs planned so it should be doable.

Everyone is rocking the new year!!!

Reactions: Myron's Mom

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
...still working on a tips and tricks document - sort of a brain dump of all the little things I've learned over the years in the kitchen :)
I would love to know these! I have a list of cookie-baking tips/tricks, but should also collect general kitchen tips!
Your recipe binders are very pretty.

I was up WAY TOO LATE (after 1 am) last night researching small CCS charts of animals for a calendar project I want to do for Valentin when he is older (I've only got about 5 years to get it done)!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I was up WAY TOO LATE (after 1 am) last night researching small CCS charts of animals for a calendar project I want to do for Valentin when he is older (I've only got about 5 years to get it done)!

I was talking to a crafting friend once and she showed me some beautiful fabric that she was going to use to make her nephew a quilt for his 21st birthday. When I asked 'when is his 21st'? she replied '6 years ago, he is 27 now'!!!

So I think it is better to start a project early than too late.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Myron's Mom - Our local hospital was desperate this time last year and they put an article in the paper. A bunch of groups got together and made so much stuff they said they have more stock than they have room for. They keep updating their Facebook page saying to please not drop anything off. I wonder if some of the smaller county hospitals might be in need though. I'm going to look into some of those preemie items you mentioned. Maybe my best course of action would be to call some of the hospitals and ask if there's anything they need.

Rose94 - I'm not familiar with the Linus project - I'll have to look that one up. Guessing it has to do with blankets. I hadn't thought of doubling up the wool, but you're right, I could make hats for the mitten tree they put up at Christmas.

sweetpumpkinpye - I think we all have those things we plan to do and never get to. I'm hoping to start DD2's Christmas stocking next month since I always seem to run out of the time as we edge closer to Christmas.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Mryons mom awesome ornament---love it!

DD, nice pillows.

FS, I usually use the darts and do on inside but Teigan was saying one pair was brothering her--guess so much taken in. I have done them on the outside too.

Nice with the recipe covers.

GREAT work everybody is doing!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Frosty -my friend makes doll quilts for a group called The Giving Doll. I don't know if they take knitted items and if that is just a local organization or not. Everything goes to children in need.
AJ- those recipe binders are going to be such a treasure.

I have tons of things that I haven't got to in my sewing room. There is a pile of denim taking up room that's been there for 3 years. Im going to make shop aprons for husband and son. I made the paper pattern. I guess I should add those to my list. I'm tired of moving the fabric around.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I spent at least 45 minutes on embroidering on a pillow case yesterday. That was it! Tonight is grocery shopping/errands night so who knows! Looking forward to this weekend - planning another burst of crafting!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
My fleece fabric for baby blanket came yesterday. Yay! Dgd said she wants to sew it this weekend. Crocheted last night while watching movies. Will crochet more today.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
FS good plan to start the stocking now. I am making DD BF, my DB and I new Santa sacks this year and I am making them now. I know I can spend more time on them now and didn't want to rush closer to Christmas. It also means that I get to enjoy doing something Christmassy for a bit longer,

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
AJ- Here is the link to the video I will be using:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Yay, can't wait to see it! Walmart had the chunky yarn for just under $7 when I bought mine.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I’m going to get DD some of that yarn.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I think I bought 6-7 skeins.