Crafters Challenge January 13th---19th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Morning Gang!!!!

I go the title right!

Alot of progress last week with several.

Me not......

My daughter signed on her house on Tuesday night so we have been helping taking carpet out, wallpaper down etc etc Not sure when I will do some FUN stuff!

What are your plans this week??????

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I want to finish the cotton ball I have, which means a few more dishcloths.
I also took out a box of Christmas fabric I have - I will try making gift bags, will be useful and use up the fabric.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I fell behind on posts last week, but did get some crafting done.

Lucie ~ I’ve never measured my dish cloths, but I make them smaller than the pattern calls for. They shrink up in the dryer but then stretch out when using them. I should check my gift supply and see if I should be making more, too. They are great for hostess gifts.

Jess ~ You’re making great progress on the blanket. What method do you use to join the ends?

Myron’s Mom ~ How many ornament jackets are you making? Are they for gifts? So lovely!

Jody ~ Your room will be so inspiring when it’s all sorted and with new paint!

I’m going to Open Sew on Tuesday and hope to work on the Lake Loft Quilts (UFO). Thursday, it’s Creative U, so I hope it doesn’t inspire me to add another PIG, but it’s at the shop where I want to buy some fabric for the current brain bunny I’ve been contemplating. At least I’ll get a discount. On days when I’m home, I want to get two advent mittens sewn each day. I’d also like to play with a machine embroidery idea I have for a birthday card. In the evenings, I’m working on some CCS motifs for Valentine cards. On road trips (skiing Wednesday and Creative U on Thursday) I need to work on the knit afghan for Valentin.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The plan for this week is to finish the last of the Santa sacks. I only have DB to go and they will all be done. I know then that they will be ready for Christmas 2019,
I need to make a new one for me but I have not sown it yet.
The next thing on the list is to sit with pintrest and my planner and actually plan what I am going to make. I have an idea of what I am going to do but have no real plans in place. Would like to get the more pressing things done first.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
My boog is safely back at his dorm in PA. He had to be back on Friday since he had a meet yesterday. Well last week him and friends decided to go to indoor trampoline place he did a backflip and put his back out of wack so he had a hard time running his race yesterday. He will have team trainer work on it this week.

Think I may have a list for January that I want to get done
Makayla's blanket
SIL's Family wine bottles
Davin's birthday shirt
Mom's dish
Kenny's blanket
Next years grinch ornaments since I couldn't find the right color to go inside and did today
make up brush holder for Makayla
couple of other vanity items for Kayla

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I didn't finish my blanket so will continue working on it. I'm up to 3 skeins and have at least 3 more to add to it, maybe 4 because I bought 7 total.

DJ- In the video she sews the ends together to join the skeins but i'm just tying them. It's not really noticeable with the chunky yarn after I pull the knot tight and it has worked out that the knots end up not really visible anyway.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jess, I was wondering how you were going to do the ends.
I have not seen that chunky yarn here maybe because it is Summer here. Will be interesting to see how much it is here.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I looked for chunky yarn this weekend and did see some advertised as such, but not as chunky as what I have in mind. Will look online this week.

Finished all but the stitching on a few divider tabs on the Recipe Binders project. Hoping to finish that tonight and get them boxed up to ship!!!

Decided to skip Happy Birthday sign for DS party - I'll just buy a Happy Birthday banner - I don't think he will even notice frankly!

Not sure if I will have enough time to finish Space Altoid Tin set - going to try and get pieces cut out this week so I can attempt it.

I really just want to sit and embroider!!! :D

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I've finished the advent mittens through #16. Only 4 more days of stitching them (at 2 a day), but the rest of the week seems pretty well booked. I might be able to slip some time for them in but not sure. I need to be fresh to work on them or I make mistakes.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I just started working on skein #5 on my blanket. I seem to sit and do one skein at a time which takes about 10-15 minutes. I got this one tied on and finished a row and then DH was ready to leave so i'll finish this skein sometime today. I ran out of table space so had to fold the blanket over on itself so I could continue. haha Can't wait until it's finished.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jess, I hope that you can post pictures when it is done.
No craft for me yesterday, hope to pick it up again later in the week.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lana- how exciting about your daughters house!

Dahlia- I'm making 36 jackets (9 sets of 4) for gifts. I have 4 different patterns.

I finished my tea towels. 27 of them (9 sets of 3) 3 different patterns for gifts also. I just need to trim thread and stabilizer.

No crafts for me this week until this house is cleaned and the laundry is caught up.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ Those ornament jackets are beautiful gifts. I hope they are appreciated for all your work and talent. Are they machine embroidery designs? I've probably asked all this before. LOL The tea towels are also wonderful for gifts!

I made 6 machine embroidery snowflakes this morning. I didn't have time to start any advent mittens but I may still start some this evening, though I may not have time/energy to finish them till tomorrow or even Wednesday. I have a pretty busy week with something happening every day.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Traced all the pieces for space altoid tin and cut some - assembled kit.

Spent maybe 45 minutes on embroidering pillowcase :)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I didn't get the advent mittens started last night but hope to do it this morning. What I did do is spend some time on a CCS Valentine motif which will take a couple more evenings to finish up.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Definitely using the 7th skein of yarn. I tied it on last night. 6 just wasn't wide enough, I think because I made it longer than I was supposed to. Oh well, i'm glad I bought that extra skein. I need to remind myself that it is supposed to be a throw blanket and not a full sized blanket. It is coming along nicely and I will most likely finish it today. I don't have thread the same color as the yarn so will use black to sew the ends to the blanket when i'm done to finish it off and hope that it's not too noticeable, but this blanket is for me so i'm not too worried about it.

Katrina- I will absolutely post a picture when i'm done!

DD wants one and I told her that I would show her how to make one. haha

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jess LOL. No reason why DD could not make one for herself.