To do list January 13th 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
January 2019 getting back into some routine. Here is my to do list.

*make work lunches for Monday, Tuesday (X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors (X)
*shave legs, (X) wash hair (X)
*pack for DrillDance training for Wednesday,(X)
*DrillDance training (X)
*tidy pantry (X)
*tidy fridge/freezer (X)
*write shopping list (X)
*groceries Thursday (X)
*be aware of water intake (X)
*dogs to groomers appointment Friday (X)
*coffee with friend on Friday (cancelled, too hot )
*send off application forms for DrillDance Nationals (X)
*keep on top of daily routine. (X)
*finish one craft project (X)
*finish one book (X)
*update planner/gift closet (X)

Second week.....done.

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Along the lines of "Celebrate Me" and taking care of ourselves, I'm going to add things that I want to do to my Other Preparations. They seem to get lost in the hustle and bustle of life.

Household
  • Plan Menu Done
  • Shop for Groceries Done
  • Lesson Plan Done
  • Clean Bathrooms Done
  • Vacuum & Dust all rooms Done
  • 15 mins. of daily decluttering in basement: Go through 2 baskets of paperwork from basement first. Done
  • Cleaning Grand Plan - Living Room: Windex window, straighten up room; Done
  • FlyLady - Bathroom/Laundry Missions: Clean up bathroom/laundry area, sweep floor Done

Other Preparations
  • Write Biography #3 Need to finish...
  • Exercise (5 days): walking/elliptical; 500 abs Didn't get to it all
  • Vitamins (5 days) Didn't get to it all
  • Drink plenty of water daily. Didn't get to it all
  • Austen Book Club Reading - Due this week! Done
  • Other Reading - Inspired by the 19 in 19 thread but quite different, I want to read 19 unread books that are sitting on my shelf. :oops: I am not going to buy another book or visit the library until those 19 are read. Done

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Mary I like that you want to read what you already have, like a use-it up challenge.

Household
  • Plan Menu
  • Clean Bathrooms
  • Vacuum & mop floors (plaster and sanding have been done in bathroom and we had a cat and dog to babysit this weekend)
  • One thing a room declutter
  • Laundry
Other Preparations
  • Post on my blog tomorrow HHM
  • Exercise - 3 days at the gym, 2 days of yoga and 1 day new class of pilates for the back
  • Drink plenty of water daily.
  • Finish crochet dishcloths
  • 4 days of work at the office
  • work on puzzle (leisure)
  • Reading (leisure)
... and I'm pretty sure I'll find tons of other things to do

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We have a puzzle going on here too. :) It's nice that our youngest is old enough that we can do that now.

Reactions: luludou

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
We have been working on a puzzle for over a week. It's 2000 pieces with a lot of detail. A Christmas scene of course. We haven't even started on the tree.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I just got my LR reset and made a place for a small table so I could start the puzzle I got for my birthday. I still have a couple of hot spots for to clean up before I start. Seeing it sitting there waiting for me is good motivation.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Make our bed every morning....I know...ambitious, huh? I used to make it every morning without fail, but fell off the wagon somewhere along the road.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Missjane, I am horrible at making my bed in the morning before heading to work. Would rather have 5 more minutes in it rather than make it. I do make it on my days off though.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Make our bed every morning....I know...ambitious, huh? I used to make it every morning without fail, but fell off the wagon somewhere along the road.

We all have to start somewhere! :) That is a good place to start.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I wanted to pop in and say how writing out a detailed list after all of the Christmas planning is really helping me to get other things done. I've noticed a difference already in the house and in my attitude. This is the point where I typically crash and burn but setting up small goals is helping. I haven't felt the post Christmas blues.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, I totally agree. I think by writing things here and making myself accountable I have bounced back after Christmas quite quickly. It may be a little thing to write what we plan to do every week but if it helps it is a bonus.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well considering it was an awfully hot week I managed to get all of my list done. Pretty pleased with that,

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Katrina, I'm impressed. When our summer temperatures get above 97F, I'm useless. +100 degree days are an absolute no go for me.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Great job, Katrina. :)

This week I was a bit off due to being out of town for a day. I'm thinking about reworking my household routines. Something has seemed out of sync these last couple of weeks. I haven't quite pinpointed it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Great job, Katrina. :)

This week I was a bit off due to being out of town for a day. I'm thinking about reworking my household routines. Something has seemed out of sync these last couple of weeks. I haven't quite pinpointed it.

Mary, I think this is one reason that I am using the weekly wonders thread to make my lists. Some things have not been working with me for quite a while now. I realise that I am extremely lucky that I only work 2 days a week but was then spending most of my weekends working to get ready for the week. I don't want to do that anymore. I want to be able to sit down on weekends and evenings and do what I want to do.
I think for me it means working smarter not harder if you know what I mean.

Looking at your list it looks like you managed to get most items ticked off, not a bad effort at all.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Katrina I work 4 days and I want at least one day where I can do some things I like out of my 3 days off.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina I work 4 days and I want at least one day where I can do some things I like out of my 3 days off.
Lucie. I think at our stage of life we deserve some relaxation time. We work hard and should be able to have some quiet time to do what we like