What's happening this week. January 20th.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
January 2019. Still getting back into some routine. Here is my to do list.

*make work lunches for Monday, Tuesday (X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors (X)
*shave legs, (X) wash hair (X)
*decorate for Australia Day (X)
*fill up with petrol (X)
*pack for DrillDance training for Wednesday(X)
*DrillDance training (X)
*pack recipe books/planner (X)
*baking planning day at Mum's (X)
*mammogram appointment Thursday(X)
*be aware of water intake (X)
*keep on top of daily routine (X)
*start/finish one craft project (started)
*finish one book (started)
*update planner/gift closet (X)
*pack for DrillDance training weekend (X)
*Drill Dance training Saturday (X) and Sunday (X)
*clean closet/drawers as per Tidying Up (X), this was amazing and easier than I thought. No guilt, out it went.

Another busy week, got to stay on top of things if I am going to get it all done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I sat down last night and made to do lists that are done daily and weekly. I then assigned days for them to get done with Thursday as my make up day for anything that didn't get done by then. Thursday can also be my day for getting things done ahead of time if I'm out of town on Fridays and/or Saturdays. I wrote that detailed chart on paper that I will keep with my planner.

So much is going on here that I feel better just having the daily and weekly work listed on my planner page. I can move it each week and I won't have to give too much thought as to what I need to do and when will I do it. I suffer from decision fatigue. This will help immensely.

Household

• Plan Menu Done
  • Shop for Groceries Done
  • Clean Bathrooms, Vacuum, Dust mop second floor Done
  • 15 mins. of daily decluttering in basement In progress
  • Cleaning Grand Plan - Kitchen: reorganize containers, clean inside of oven and microwave, Done
  • FlyLady - Master Bedroom Missions: Dust/Vacuum, Declutter nightstand/bureau Done

Other Prep
  • Lesson Plan Done
  • Write Biography Done
  • Exercise (5 days) 4 days
  • Vitamins (5 days) 3 days
  • Drink plenty of water daily. Done
  • Reading

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary,
Dividing chores into daily and weekly is a great idea. There are definitely things that fall into these sections for me. I also like the idea of a catch up day to finish off those things before the weekend. Fridays would work for me there.

I see you mention flylady. Something that I have seen written a lot over the years but never looked into. Maybe something to investigate for sure. If I am going to change the way do things it would be great to try a few different methods. I am looking at some konmari methods when I do my wardrobe later this week to see if they might work for me.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Katrina,

Flylady has been helpful for me in letting go of my perfectionism with housework, etc. She taught me to do things in small steps, and how to do overwhelming projects 15 minutes at a time. Her plan is done throughout the year which I like.

I don't recall following through with the Cleaning Grand Plan before. I thought that this would help me look at cleaning from a different perspective. It might be overkill, but for now, it is working for me.

The Konmari method is different but I appreciate the idea of keeping only things that give you joy. That's how I'm approaching the decluttering in the basement now.