Crafters Challenge January 20th-26th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to the middle of the month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys really rocked it last week! So proud of you all!

Told Allen since we are busy with other stuff I should take the sewing machine in for a check and clean since I am not using it :(! But that is a 50 minute drive each way to take it and we don't often go that way.

Can't wait to hear and see what you are working on this week!

Happy Crafting!!!!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
This week I want to get my scarf finished and start on sweater for DGD Birthday beginning of April.
Also have a few Rudy day projects that I want to work on this week. Last year when it came to Rudy day something always came up and nothing got done so I figured if I used the week than I could hopefully get something done even if it’s something small.

Last edited:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I did get to knock one thing of my list for January Hoping to get rest done this week.
Think I may have a list for January that I want to get done
Makayla's blanket
SIL's Family wine bottles
Davin's birthday shirt
Mom's dish
;)Kenny's blanket
/(Just need to locate the faces so I can get them on now)Next years grinch ornaments since I couldn't find the right color to go inside and did today
make up brush holder for Makayla
couple of other vanity items for Kayla

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
After starting the knitted tote for my mum 3 times I think I have found the way that will work for me. It will take a little longer to do it the way I have decided but I have all year to work on it. Glad I decided to start on it first. It will take me a few weeks but that is fine. I am a one thing at a time sort of girl so will concentrate on that until it is finished.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ That’s a long way to go to get your machine serviced … and then you have to go back to get it! You need to find something really fun to do there or along the way to make it a fun outing! I don’t need to go nearly that far, but I try to have my machines serviced when I’m going to be out of town for a week or so.

Rose ~ I hope you have successful Rudy Days this year. Sometimes they are hard to plan.

KimD ~ That sounds like a challenging list … looking something like mine!

Katrina ~ Sometimes it takes me several starts with a project to get it going the way I want, or just the way the directions say to do it.

Three major priorities this week are to finish the Advent mittens (hopefully, but no real rush); make an art smock for Julia (February BD gift); and finish CCS Valentine motifs (and maybe even make the cards). I will also try to get to Sewing Club this week, but I’ll be making the drive on my own, since Kathy is having a guest visiting.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Oh Lucie, secret pockets sound like fun.
DD glad to know that others have troubles at times with patterns. This one just made no sense and I am a pretty decent knitter.
I will now knit a front, back and a gusset and make the basket in 3 pieces.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rose ~ Your cards for the guys are great; and so is your beautiful wall hanging. The border blocks look pretty small to me, but scale is hard to judge. You did a beautiful job with the embroidery and quilting, too!

I finished one more CCS Valentine motif last night and started on the 5th one.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Rose, the quilt is lovely, beautiful work. I have a soft spot for snowmen.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
DJ the quilt is 27x27 and the blocks around the center are 3 inch sq finished.
Oh my! That's very small for all those pieces! Like a miniature!

I just finished Advent mitten Nos. 19 and 20 today. Only 5 left.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Rose - beautiful little quilt!
Lana- I traveled to get my machine serviced too. It's a pain for sure but worth it it you have someone who knows what they are doing.
Dahlia- the mittens are adorable. You mentioned digitizing software. May I ask what brand you have? I've been window shopping for a program. I think I know which one I want but always interest to hear about what everyone has and their experiences.

I've finished embroidering a Easter sweatshirt for me and still trying work on one for the husband.
One of my goals this year is to work on using my stash of fabric. I have some ideas to make some small quilts. Now if I have enough of the right fabrics to make it work without buying anything new.
My crocheting is going well. I still need to work on my thread tension. Myron (my cat) has figured out that I am working with yarn so he has been helping. I might look for some different yarn this week to make a scarf.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Dahlia- the mittens are adorable. You mentioned digitizing software. May I ask what brand you have? I've been window shopping for a program. I think I know which one I want but always interest to hear about what everyone has and their experiences.
I sent you a PM. I use Sew What Pro. Inexpensive and limited, but it does what I need.

I stitched out mitten number 21 today and started on 22, but I need to make a change, so it didn't get finished. I also need to get a little more white wool felt to finish them up. I can pick it up on Thursday.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I finished the Recipe Binders completely - will post links to photos soon! Just need to wrap and ship!

Finished embroidering one of the pillowcases.

Have made a really good start of Space Themed Altoid Tin playset. All pieces cut out. Little astronaut and alien done. Topper and one liner done. Working on the bottom liner embroidery and then will sew up the little flag he will be able to "plant" in the tin. I'm going to slice a section off a wine cork, paint, and hot glue into the tin so he has a place to stick the wooden skewer that will be attached to the felt flag. :)

Cut and mounted Valentine's A-Mazing printables and attached Valentine's pencils to the back with washi tape. So those are ready!

Need to decide if I am doing jumbo knitted blanket for DH's birthday - struggling with right type of yarn to order/buy.

Would also like to get some spraypaint and get started on mason jar gift set that will be for end of year gift for his teacher.

And I need to start painting the faux eggs I bought after Easter last year - going to do in patels then speckle with black paint - will use them as part of an Easter wreath. One I wanted to do LAST year!

Reactions: Rose94

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished felt flag sewing and the bottom liner embroidery - I'm at the point where I just need to hot glue some things together and that project will be done!!!

Reactions: Rose94

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Finished the 3 pillowcases. Just wished there was a way to stick the fabric back in the tube as I used the magic Pillowcase way of making them. On the one I didn’t catch the trim in the seam in a couple places and had to take the compete seam out.
Also got 1of 9 dishcloths knitted. Tonight plan to pull out a UFO to work on along with working on my Christmas cards tomorrow for Rudy day.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Everyone is accomplishing so much!! Speaking of servicing sewing machines...I really need to find somewhere to take mine to be serviced/repaired. I have no idea what is wrong with it but the last time I tried to use it, it wouldn't move. DH looked at it and neither of us could figure out what the problem was. I will add that to my list of things to do.

I am finishing my blanket TODAY! I have to. It's taking up too much space and needs to be completed. I will absolutely post a photo when it's completed.

Reactions: Lana