Christmas planner 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I have had so many Christmas planners it's not funny, But i have stumbled accost a pretty good one.
I bought the flex binder by mead, they have a zipper version too. I love it you can fold it around on its self and it lays flat. And I don't have to shrink any Planning pages to fit it.
the page protectors fit in it too. Now if I can just get my cat to stop laying on it when I'm trying to work in it, it will be perfect.
Merry Christmas
DebbiGall

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I like the looks of the flex binder. Let me know how you like it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I too have a lot of planners. I have a ring binder that I have been going to use but can't figure out how to set it up.
I keep going back to my tried and true everyday planner/dairy with plenty of spare pages for notes.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Hello all...I've been absent for a long time for many life circumstances. First, let me say I am so thankful for the members here who have carried on. This is is and has always been a very special group. I've struggled a bit with the holidays because of some losses but 2018 is going okay. I was wondering if anyone would like to do a "class" or notebook set up for 2019 after the holidays. If someone would like to lead it that would be great or I can pop in as much as possible. We could do a dissection of our 2018 notebooks...what worked what didn't etc then make a plan and get things ready for 2019. I always pick ip stuff after Christmas and throughout the year so it is essential for me to get a new notebook set up in January. Thoughts?

Reactions: luludou

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Gingerbug not sure I'll redo my journal but i DO want to follow the 2019 Christmas planner thread and see all the great ideas people come up with :)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I've already started buying for 2019...so I must get my notebook organized. I decided to go "old school" for 2019 and return to using a basic three-ring red binder. The reason I decided to do this is for the last two-three years I used a 5 x 7 Filofax style planner and I was decorating it also but that's just too much work and its not what I need. I need a binder with more space so that EVERYTHING Christmas can go in one place. Some sections I am not using as much anymore. For example, I have stopped sending cards so I eliminated the card section.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My planner is set up and ready to go. There are a lot of notes to make after Christmas. What went right, what will we change, what recipes to try. All of it is going in the planner.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
Hello all...I've been absent for a long time for many life circumstances. First, let me say I am so thankful for the members here who have carried on. This is is and has always been a very special group. I've struggled a bit with the holidays because of some losses but 2018 is going okay. I was wondering if anyone would like to do a "class" or notebook set up for 2019 after the holidays. If someone would like to lead it that would be great or I can pop in as much as possible. We could do a dissection of our 2018 notebooks...what worked what didn't etc then make a plan and get things ready for 2019. I always pick ip stuff after Christmas and throughout the year so it is essential for me to get a new notebook set up in January. Thoughts?
I've been mia for a long time too. I found a lot of plans and planners to be too much of a chore and put more stress on me. I've decided to take ideas from other planners and printables and come up with what works for me. Let's see how that goes.

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Other than a couple sections of the notebook I really don’t keep one anymore. Years ago I printed off all the pages for the grand plan and the six week challenge. Put them in page protector pages, than used line pages to make notes etc. and kept everything in a binder. Still have those printed off pages.
About five years ago I when to a small three ring binder (8x5) and to two sections. Gift giving and note section. Note section is just notes of where things are stored, purchases need to be made for the upcoming Christmas season—paper, baking supplies etc, budget etc.
I also use the gift section to keep track of Birthday gifts as I pick up/make items ahead of time and this help keeps me on track what I have purchased ahead.
Also in this binder is a crafting section which is broken down into sections—Birthday, baby, Easter, Halloween, Christmas and items for me or home. In this section I make my notes of what I wish to make. Than each item gets its owe half page to full page where I list what supplies I have, what is still needed and if it’s a big project I break the craft down into steps so I don’t get overwhelmed.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Rose, I live by my planner. I like what you are saying about separating crafts into sections. Something to consider. I also need to make note of what I need to buy for Christmas. I often overlook things such as baking paper etc. You make a good point.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Katrina. I lived by my planner—the full Christmas planner when my children were all home. They are mostly gone now with their own homes, families etc except my youngest who is in this last year of college. With us all cutting back on sweets, baked goods etc due to diabetes, other health issues, etc and gatherings over the holidays more on the potluck side I am just in the season of life where I don’t need to use the full planner anymore. Cleaning part—with the gang done the house doesn’t need to be deep cleaned top to bottom anymore as each room gets a good cleaning once a week now.
But I still have the full planner if needed and I couldn’t have gotten through a lot of Christmas’s without it.

One of the advantages of having my craft section of my book in sections is if I find a cute card idea or a craft idea I can write down the idea, link etc in the holiday section it applies to and I don’t have to go hunting through page after page looking for link etc

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
My planner used to be a green binder where I printed off the Christmas Countdown pages back in 2000. Then as my children got older and I was running errands between drop off and pick up for sports and other activities, I moved to a 5.5 x 8.5 inch zippered binder. I reduced the Christmas Countdown pages to fit the binder. In 2005, I moved to keeping everything in Excel.

By 2008, I took on the Home and Holiday Plan. I have kept those pages in there and have lined paper behind each week. I keep it in with my Christmas planning area which is a picnic basket. I don't use it like I did. I intended to do so for 2018. I even went out and bought the lined paper for it when they had it out for the back to school sales. It just sat there this year forgotten. :(

I am glad that I do have a hard copy of it. If I couldn't get the information of the internet, then I would be so lost. It really has helped me. Christmas 2016, I moved the Christmas Planner to Google Sheets. It is convenient for looking at on the phone when I am out. However, I like the writing of things. I just keep going back and forth...

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i want to work on mine this weekend declutter take out papers not needed

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I have copied all the pages for 2019. I also like the fillable forms that are now available. I have recently shared my planner with several ladies that seemed very interested.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have copied all the pages for 2019. I also like the fillable forms that are now available. I have recently shared my planner with several ladies that seemed very interested.

I hadn't noticed that before. I like that option. Hmmm... This gives me something to think about...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have been updating my planner over the last few weeks. I have started to make notes of what is in the gift closet and started to make lists of what I need to purchase. Having my planner up to date makes me happy :)

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Thank you, Katrina, for the reminder to update my holiday planner. I've used the Holiday Grand Plan for years, and just update the printable worksheets each year. Some years I get more done than others, but it helps me to stay focused and get a better handle on deep cleaning -- at least once a year, LOL!!!! As a single-person household, my entertaining is immediate family and small groups of close friends. But following a plan, regardless, has helped me get through the holidays, folllowing loss. Hard to believe that the HGP will kick off in about 16 weeks. Yikes!!!!!