April 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Any one have a cleaning goal for this month? Any house projects?

I'd like to get the flower beds ready for spring plantings and prune some small trees.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Baseboards for April. lol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
April will be a bust for me as I have Nationals and then a holiday with DH and myself after. Will not be back home until the 28th of April.
Will be very keen to continue my Winter prep before the official start of Winter on June 1st.
Will be following the thread here as there are always such great plans and ideas.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Baseboards for April. lol

Baseboards are good!

April will be a bust for me as I have Nationals and then a holiday with DH and myself after. Will not be back home until the 28th of April.
Will be very keen to continue my Winter prep before the official start of Winter on June 1st.
Will be following the thread here as there are always such great plans and ideas.

Enjoy your break! I think with all of your planning, you'll do fine with finishing up your Winter prep when you return.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I try and focus on a Zone area a week. I'm not always successful, but in April I'd really like to do a deep cleaning in my craft/family room area. It's shared space for the most part. I've already purged, not I need to CLEAN! Really clean. Also my hubby's office is in that same area and he's going to be gone for a couple weeks this month for work and I need to get in his office and do some cleaning as well. I never clean in there because it's literally a man cave with stuff floor to ceiling, but cob webs and yuck are feeling the window sills and curtains, so I told him to make sure I have access when he leaves. It will be cleaned! ( My brother is having surgery towards the end of the month, so I don't see anything else getting done. Hopefully those things get done as it is)

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm hoping the bathroom will be finished this month (hoping the cabinets will come in soon). If it is I want to finish cleaning it up good and deep-spring-clean the kitchen (kitchenette will be next month). I can't wait to have the house back to normal.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've started - and hope to continue - little mini bursts of cleaning/organizing. Just things to make life a little easier!

Junk drawer in kitchen - emptied and wiped down and new low flat bottom containers used to corral items that weren't before.

Cleaned out and organized tupperware drawer and drawer area with measuring cups, spoons and ramekins.

Went through pantry and pitched expired and wiped down/organized the rest.

Pulled out trash drawer and swept behind it, wiped everything down with Clorox wipes.

Cloroxed inside of dishwasher door - it was NOT pretty folks! Not sure how I missed that - it was the edge at the top and around the sides that was in desperate need of love from Clorox wipes!!!

I want to organize something better to hold papers that come home from DS's school - instead of a pile in the spare room I need a box or something. I go through and pick out things to save for that school year and then transfer to long term storage.

I'd like to keep tackling little irritating hot spots like this to tide things over until the HGP starts!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I have a kitchen cupboard and drawer my husband and I need to clean together. After listening to him mumble about things falling out of there, I told him we need to do it together. (Half the stuff is his). I'll be happy if we get that accomplished this month.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I got the cleaning done in the craft room and family room. I mean...I cleaned. Blinds got pulled down, I pulled all the ceiling lights...I toss various poster board signs I found behind a cabinet that were my daughters 12 years ago. It feels good!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Wow! Everyone is doing a great job.

I want to organize something better to hold papers that come home from DS's school - instead of a pile in the spare room I need a box or something. I go through and pick out things to save for that school year and then transfer to long term storage.

We have a tiered paper holder that we use for school papers. We keep it in the office area. One tier is for all long term school communication. The other is for school work that the children may want to save from the school year. At the end of the school year, we sort through the papers, decide what to keep and file them away. Every few years, I have the children sort through the file folder to see if they still want to keep those papers. If they do, fine. If they don't, fine. However, there are times when I grab something from their discard pile because I thought it was worth saving. That goes into my file. :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I know you are talking about typed paper but

For art work each month or so tape them to a wall, stand the artist next to them for a photo. Now you have there art work preserved along with what the artist looked like at that time. Keeping 12 (or less) 4x6 photos is easier than keeping all the art work.

If you or your child really want to keep one or two pieces of their art from one year so do. Then at the end of the year take those few pieces to a photo store to have them copied on a canvas that can be hung. This way the paper copy will not crumb as the years pass and they have it on their wall to enjoy.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Love the ideas for school paper storage and saving it long term!!! I need to get in gear on this! I usually have a "place" for papers I save - and I do go through it - once when I unload from backpack and then the whole pile again at the end of the year.

I have a big long box upstairs that I transfer the things I can't let go of. The big crazy art projects, cute things he's written, etc.

I love the idea of taking a picture of them with their artwork - that is an excellent idea!

You ladies are inspiring me!!!

This weekend I tackled my makeup drawer - why do I keep tons of empty makeup containers???? Why??? It's like I just can't let go in case --- what??? lol Pitched them! Wiped everything down and organized - SO much better now!

Also went through an overflowing tote I've been keeping in the pantry of cookie cutters. My MIL gave me some more - so after washing those I pulled everything out and sorted by type, put in ziplock bags and brought down a BIG tote from upstairs that I washed out and used to corral everything. Tote went back upstairs so it's not taking up room in the pantry all the time!!!

And guess what? There's room in the tote!!! So I must need more cookie cutters!!! o_O;)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
AJ - I have a ton of cookie cutters for just about every season, holiday, etc. It sounds like you have way more than I do. I like to decorate my kitchen with them. They sit on my window sill waiting to be used.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
An excess of cookies cutters could be turned into ornaments, wreaths, or garland. Just a thought.

Reactions: PamelaG