Gift Closet 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Looks like everyone is doing great and finding some awesome deals. Picked up some Harry Potter bandanas at Walmart the other day to tuck away as stocking stuffers for DD.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Picked up a really pretty dark blue leather (faux) blank journal - has a piece of elastic that holds it closed and there is a simple outline in gold of a mermaid - picked up for my sister as she likes mermaids!

Also got another small really pretty notepad in a closing cover - hot air balloon design - for a dear friend's stocking who loves hot air balloons!

Picked a last few small items for another friend's birthday present - need to assemble her basket of goodies and get them delivered!!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Went to bath and body for shower gel and lotion for my son since they were on sale and I had a coupon. I found eyeglass repair kits at dollar tree, will be good for my cousins since they wear glasses. Found a nice woodworking book there too for my son.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked up a few interesting things while on holiday. Went to a famous pottery and picked up 2 pasta bowls for DD and BF. They are white and will go with everything. Got a few stocking fillers, some make up brush cleaner for DD and a cool towel for DS. I got myself a plate holder which I had been looking at for a while. Got BF some salt for cooking and some boiled sweets in a jar.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked up a few things yesterday.
I am doing the usual food hamper for my FIL and picked up a few things for that yesterday. I try and make him Christmas Day in a bag so coming up with things is sometimes a challenge.
Go DH some socks that I will wrap up as a gift.....KMart here is getting to be a real disappointment, they have closed down their DVD section and now it looks like they are shutting their book section too.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Found Easter themed spatulas at the grocery store on clearance for my cousins and friends.
I stopped at kohl’s and picked up a Instapot for my son since they were a good price.
I’ve sorted through my gift totes and organized everything. I have everyone done except my son, husband and our friend who has Alzheimer’s. If I happen to see any deals here out for the folks I’ve finished I’ll just set it back for next year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Sitting and chatting to DS and we were looking at a catalogue. He saw a PS4 game that he would like so I jumped online and ordered that for him. Pre ordered a xbox game for DD and that should come in June. I am doing well for the stockings, am having troubles coming up with ideas for gifts. Then I remind my self that it is only April and I am doing well.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Picked up a few more gifts for the closet. Got a couple body washes for the two oldest grandsons for free.
DH cousin is selling off some Lenox Christmas ornaments in mint condition so I picked up four to give dear grandchildren in a year or two. Still in their boxes and never opened.

I also won a $10.00 gift card to a gourmet and gift food store. Will put it away and use it towards a food basket for DD/SIL or my in-laws. Still thinking on what I would like to get them.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I found Lego on clearance....the Bricks on a Roll set that is usually $40 had a special anniversary edition for $30, and Walmart has it on clearance for $22. I have two nephews I don't know well at all, but I figure you can't go wrong with Lego. I also got a big plastic boat for a younger nephew 66% off.
I picked up the My Little Pony School of Friendship for $19.99 on Amazon - it's $69.99 everywhere else. Also managed to get one pony marked down to $5 from $12.99. I'm putting it aside for next year for DD2.
Also managed to find some great deals on Advent Calendars - a Lego one for $13, a Playmobil one for $11, and a Barbie one marked down to $22 from $40.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
rose94 and FS, some great bargains that you have found. I agree, you can't go wrong with Lego.

My store rewards card now has $20 on it that I can redeem at any time. I am hoping that by Christmas it will have $50 on it so that I can redeem for a store gift card for my FIL. I will add it to his Christmas in a bag gift.

Reactions: Minta

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Picked up a few things yesterday.
I am doing the usual food hamper for my FIL and picked up a few things for that yesterday. I try and make him Christmas Day in a bag so coming up with things is sometimes a challenge.
Go DH some socks that I will wrap up as a gift.....KMart here is getting to be a real disappointment, they have closed down their DVD section and now it looks like they are shutting their book section too.
What goes into Christmas Day in a bag - sounds intriguing!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I found Lego on clearance....the Bricks on a Roll set that is usually $40 had a special anniversary edition for $30, and Walmart has it on clearance for $22. I have two nephews I don't know well at all, but I figure you can't go wrong with Lego. I also got a big plastic boat for a younger nephew 66% off.
I picked up the My Little Pony School of Friendship for $19.99 on Amazon - it's $69.99 everywhere else. Also managed to get one pony marked down to $5 from $12.99. I'm putting it aside for next year for DD2.
Also managed to find some great deals on Advent Calendars - a Lego one for $13, a Playmobil one for $11, and a Barbie one marked down to $22 from $40.
Were the Advent calendar deals on Amazon? I'll have to head over there and take a look. Just found out I have a bunch of reward points with American Express since the plane ticket I bought for Vic to come out at the beginning of March netted 5X reward points!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What goes into Christmas Day in a bag - sounds intriguing!
Pamela, FIL lives in a small country town about 3 hours from us. He does not like to come to us for Christmas so I take Christmas to him. Items must be non perishable because of traveling.
In the bag I put what I would think he would like for breakfast, lunch and dinner so something like,

Pancake mix, syrup or jam and juice.
Crackers, pickled onions, chutneys,etc for lunch.
I put in long life milk and custard, a fruit cake or fruit pudding. A bottle of apple cider, some peanuts or lollies.
Some shortbread or gingerbread, some nice tea a tin of peaches, block of chocolate etc

We give him a $50 gift card to his local supermarket where he can pick up fresh fruit or cheese, ham etc, what ever he needs to supplement what we have given him. I try and change it up every year so that he does not get bored.
The 1 year I did not do this and decided to do something else there was great upset so this is what I stick with now.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Were the Advent calendar deals on Amazon? I'll have to head over there and take a look. Just found out I have a bunch of reward points with American Express since the plane ticket I bought for Vic to come out at the beginning of March netted 5X reward points!

Yes, they were all on Amazon, but the Canadian site. I put items like that in my cart so I can see the prices go up and down every day. Only thing is I have to remember to delete them once I've bought an item because I hate seeing a price drop after I buy something. They also have Crayola ones, Hot Wheels, Playmobil, etc.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just sat with DS and had a cup of coffee and a chat. He gave me a great list of things that would be handy for Christmas both as gifts and in stockings. I gave him a few suggestions for what to buy his sister, her BF and for his G'ma. It was a nice chat.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Went shopping at Hobby Lobby and The Christmas Tree shoppe last night with DH as I was looking for a basket for the bathroom. Well we found the basket along with several gets for our DS for his birthday and Christmas. He is a big Marvel fan especially of Iron man and we hit the jack pot last night. Found a set of Marvel Glass Tumblers, a Glass 3D Iron Man picture in a frame, a huge Canvas of the all the Marvel Superheros and a metal cut out of a steam train engine. Our DD laid claim to the metal train cut out to give DS for his birthday and the Canvas of the Marvel superheroes to give to him for Christmas. Also found 2 ironman hot wheels cars for DS stocking. Its a good thing neither of these store are close, both at least 30 minutes away otherwise I would be broke LOL however I told DH we need to make a few more trips to them over the summer :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, sounds like you got some wonderful gifts.