Christmas 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
So in the interest of doing as much as early as possible this year I have:

- Created my master menu for all holidays (Halloween through New Years including menu for our Christmas party)
- Started work on my Master Grocery List
- Updated my Freezer Cooking spreadsheet
- Reviewed misc. notes and plugged in dates to do oddball things (cut snarl of old lights off of one tall skinny tree, redo front porch wreaths with all red ornaments I purchased, remove old lights from wicker yard reindeer I got at garage sale and replace with new - already have them)
- Updated Master Baking List and plugged in scheduled times to test a few recipes over the summer
- Reviewed HGP plans and scheduled starting a week early to make up for missed week when we are at Disney
- Plugged in dates to start wrapping starting May 25th ... anything I've purchased or finished crafting so far which is quite a bit as I review my notes
- Still need to work on Advent calendar filler plans

So the other thing that is potentially going to make a BIG impact on all these plans is something very exciting - we are going through the process of trying to adopt via the state. Attending last class next week then have to do a home study - not sure how long the process will take or if the little one we have fallen in love with will still be available/turn out to be a good match for our family.

Have NO idea yet on what the timeframe would be but these things seem to be long and drug out - so we'll see. keep your fingers crossed for us!!! Alternating between extreme stress and excitement - really hoping it works out! These kids just break my heart and we are really hoping to be able to have one join our family.

All of which just amps up the pressure to get as much done as early as possible.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Oh my goodness AJ, you are the Queen of Planning for Christmas 2019 and I salute you! What a great idea to look for wicker reindeer at yard sales (probably for sale because the lights don't work) and retrimming them with new lights.

Best of luck with the adoption process and hope that the little one finds forever happiness with your family.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, you have got this Christmas planning by the tail. I am inspired.
Good luck with the adoption process, this little one needs you to be their for ever home.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
AJ,

After reading your lists, I think it will all work out with the Disney trip, camping trip and Christmas Prep. I am so excited for you with the possible upcoming adoption. :):):)

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
So in the interest of doing as much as early as possible this year I have:

- Created my master menu for all holidays (Halloween through New Years including menu for our Christmas party)
- Started work on my Master Grocery List
- Updated my Freezer Cooking spreadsheet
- Reviewed misc. notes and plugged in dates to do oddball things (cut snarl of old lights off of one tall skinny tree, redo front porch wreaths with all red ornaments I purchased, remove old lights from wicker yard reindeer I got at garage sale and replace with new - already have them)
- Updated Master Baking List and plugged in scheduled times to test a few recipes over the summer
- Reviewed HGP plans and scheduled starting a week early to make up for missed week when we are at Disney
- Plugged in dates to start wrapping starting May 25th ... anything I've purchased or finished crafting so far which is quite a bit as I review my notes
- Still need to work on Advent calendar filler plans

So the other thing that is potentially going to make a BIG impact on all these plans is something very exciting - we are going through the process of trying to adopt via the state. Attending last class next week then have to do a home study - not sure how long the process will take or if the little one we have fallen in love with will still be available/turn out to be a good match for our family.

Have NO idea yet on what the timeframe would be but these things seem to be long and drug out - so we'll see. keep your fingers crossed for us!!! Alternating between extreme stress and excitement - really hoping it works out! These kids just break my heart and we are really hoping to be able to have one join our family.

All of which just amps up the pressure to get as much done as early as possible.

Congrats! I hope the adoption goes smoothly :)

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
AJ, good luck with the adoption possibility!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Sat down with my planner and my shopping list that sits on the fridge and divided what I need to buy and the shopping days I have left. (I need more weeks lol).
Now have a better idea of where I am up to and what the priorities are. FIL gift needs work as does gifts for DH and DD BF. I still don't know BF that well so still not sure what her likes/dislikes/needs.
Would like to sit down with family at some stage and see what they might be thinking we can add to the season. It would be nice to add an outing or even that we can do as a family.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
June! We are in June. I feel like I can start "officially" talking about Christmas come June/July.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
It is going to be here BEFORE WE KNOW IT! :D

Seriously though, I got out the boxes of Christmas cards yesterday! Time to start filling those out! With everything going on this year I am pushing hard to get more done as early as possible!!!

Summer is such a busy time - then fall and back to school - camping trips - our Disney vacation - I'm already starting to stress! Ok, not really, but I could be!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I jumped in and got a head start on wrapping this weekend - wrapped almost everything I've purchased or finished crafting so far. There are some things left - also some things for this year's teacher and aides that I will wait on until I know their names for sure.

So nice to see the pile of presents starting up again in the upstairs closet - looking all pretty!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
So nice to see the pile of presents starting up again in the upstairs closet - looking all pretty!!!!
There is nothing that makes me happier than a pile of beautifully wrapped presents.
Well done for getting a jump on things.