Christmas in July 2019 Themes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm so torn about the Harry Potter tree topper. It's ridiculously expensive but I just love it. Buy it - don't buy it - buy it - don't buy it....I don't know what to do!!!
BUY IT

Reactions: PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I know! I feel like if I pass, it will be one of those things that will quadruple in price before next year and will be the hardest thing to find. I'm still regretting not buying Eddie's RV ornament from Christmas Vacation and that was years ago!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I agree, BUY IT. It is better to regret a purchase and be able to pass it on/sell it/re gift it than it is to have it slip through your fingers.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Not yet, I have to turn in my Wish List by July 7th. Still debating if I have enough for a Harry Potter tree which would make the tree-topper a must!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Harry Potter can still be displayed if you do not do a themed tree.

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
first day of cij going to check all my christmas wrap bows boxes . just to get a idea of what i will need. i know i have some. so exicted for this month . we will have one theme of christmas out at work this month

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
first day of cij going to check all my christmas wrap bows boxes . just to get a idea of what i will need. i know i have some. so exicted for this month . we will have one theme of christmas out at work this month
Good morning!

Would you like to copy and paste your post into the Day One thread for CIJ? I didn't get it up early enough this morning but it's up now.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I need to do this at some stage, I will pop a reminder in my planner. Thanks for the reminder

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
anyone going to orament pre at hallmark this weekend. i will go sat when i get off from work

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
anyone going to orament pre at hallmark this weekend. i will go sat when i get off from work
Yes, absolutely! My Hallmark store opens at 7:00am. The last time I went to this particular store, I wasn't as happy as I have been in the past with the whole ornament premiere experience. I have been going to the premiere for years and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. There are always refreshments, giveaways, and so many lovely Christmas things to check out and although there is always a long line, it's a chance to chat with other ornament collectors and talk about plans for Christmas. Maybe it was just an oddball year because the last time I was at this store, there was a lot of grumbling and complaining about trivial little things that just made it really unpleasant. Here's hoping that all the grumblers stay home.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
As we have been discussing Advent this week and I have been seeing things about the 12 days of Christmas I remembered the 12 days are between Christmas and the 5th of January. I have done some thinking and know how much of a let down Christmas has been in the past I think I will plan 12 days of Random Acts of Kindness.
This will involve neighbors, friends and former teachers (on their return to school) possibilities are huge. I would like to involve my family that is spread out and ask them to do some of the RAKs for me in their community. So many ideas to sort out. Hmmm.......

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, what a great idea. Post Christmas is always a tough time for me, it would be great if I could schedule a a few events to help with that.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
went to the hallmark premire and got several oraments and bought a charlie brown jim shore with a christmas tree on it.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
went to the hallmark premire and got several oraments and bought a charlie brown jim shore with a christmas tree on it.
Did you see the set of three Jim Shore woodland creatures? It was just gorgeous.

Reactions: housewife2

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Jody, what a great idea. Post Christmas is always a tough time for me, it would be great if I could schedule a a few events to help with that.

This past year, we scheduled visits with friends in January and February. Usually we don't do anything because of snow and colds. This year we decided to give it a shot. It really helped me having them stop by in January and February.