Getting a head start

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My supply of foil, wax paper, parchment paper and foil pans (especially the one with lids and the loaf pans) are all low. I am going to budget in $5 a week/every other week and start restocking these items now.
This is such a handy idea. I will add to my planner to stock up on paper, foil and containers over the next few shops. If I buy a little at a time I will be in good order by December.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
The grocery store has had a certain brand of butter on sale for $1.99 lb for the past 3 weeks. Not sure its a an unadvertised sale or of the brand is being discontinued but so far I have bought 15 lbs so far. If its on sale again this weekend I will get even more.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, that is great planning, Butter freezes well and is always a handy addition to the freezer stockpile.

Reactions: PamelaG and Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Now that we are in June and Christmas is only 6 months away I am going to really start to knuckle down with buying supplies. Use by dates will be better on most items.
I know for sure that I need to stockup on cooking chocolate, condensed milk and flour, sugar etc. Will add to the shopping list for the next few weeks.

Will also start stocking up on Summer foods even though we are in the depths of Winter. Will look for salad dressings, jars of olives and soft drinks and try and add those to the list too to spread it out a little.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I need to get out lists from last year and see what was liked and not liked so I can work on this. I want to start putting some money aside each pay period to help with this. My financial advisor sort of pffed off how much I wanted to put aside for Christmas, but DH and I talked about it and agreed it should be more than what she thought. I understand putting money aside and investing, but there are things now that are important to us now. You never know how long you're going to live. We may not live to use all that money she wants us to squirrel away.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I need to get out lists from last year and see what was liked and not liked so I can work on this. I want to start putting some money aside each pay period to help with this. My financial advisor sort of pffed off how much I wanted to put aside for Christmas, but DH and I talked about it and agreed it should be more than what she thought. I understand putting money aside and investing, but there are things now that are important to us now. You never know how long you're going to live. We may not live to use all that money she wants us to squirrel away.
So true! For probably the last five or so years of their lives, my parents made a budget and gave what was left over to my sister and me. They wanted to be able to see us enjoy it while they still could and it was wonderful. It was a little extra every month that allowed both families to do fun things or use the money for a project that we could share with them. It was such a blessing.

Reactions: Minta and missjane