Gift Closet 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Had a bit if a sewing day yesterday. Made DD some flannel make up remover pads and I will make some make up remover solution later and put them together as a gift. I hope that she likes them.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Was out and about yesterday , found just a few odds and ends for my son and a movie for my husband. I did give my husband a short list. All from the Nancy zieman catalog I got in the mail. He was happy, free shipping lol.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Ordered the 3 Back to the Future movies for DS. $7.00 each so pleased with that. Gift closet is starting to look better.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Was out and about yesterday , found just a few odds and ends for my son and a movie for my husband. I did give my husband a short list. All from the Nancy zieman catalog I got in the mail. He was happy, free shipping lol.
I had to look up Nancy Zieman, I'd never heard of her before probably because I'm not up on the resources for sewing and all things fabric. Her blog looks awesome.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just picked up sweat pants form Aldi. A really well known Australian brand that would normally sell for around $40 were on sale for $20 a pair. Got 2 pair for DS birthday and 1 each for DD and BF for Christmas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got a few more things today. A play station game that I ordered arrived for DD and I got a few more things for stockings. Beard oil for the boys that was 50% off and a razor and replacement cartridges for DD also 50% off. Our Supermarket has great half price specials every week so wise to keep an eye out.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Faye, always good to find a hidden gift, bonus.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I found interactive Harry Potter training wands marked down from $49 to $7.99 each. They each have games programmed in where you have to do certain movements, and they work with each other so you can have battles or play tag. I picked two up for DD8 and DD6. I also found the My Little Pony Crystal Palace at Canadian Tire for $23 instead of $75. DD2 loves FlurryHeart, and it was the only thing I could find that came with the little baby pony. I think my Christmas shopping for DD2 is finished. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
FS, what wonderful bargains you have found. I love the idea of the Harry Potter wands, such fun.
Nice that you have finished shopping for DD2, you are in good form.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Sounds like everyone is finding some great bargains.
I found a bread baking book and a nice selection of paint brushes for my son. I want to get some movie gift cards for my husband this week as they have tripe points on them this week.
I always loved watching Nancy Zeiman, I have a few of her dvds and books. I always learned so much from her.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I always loved watching Nancy Zeiman, I have a few of her dvds and books. I always learned so much from her
I need to look her up and see what I can learn form her.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Just ordered some aluminum baking sheets from Macys, they are on clearance, under $5 for 2. I will keep some for me and use a few for Christmas gifts for extended family members.

Reactions: Myron's Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I spent the afternoon yesterday tidying the gift closet. I think I can slow down a bit on stocking fillers as I am doing OK with those. Need a few little things that I will pick up over the next few weeks.
Need to concentrate on gifts now. DS is doing OK and I know that he will get a lot of DVDs when they are released. DD doing OK.
Need more for DH and BF and a few more for my mum. Not doing too bad for June though.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Minta, I never think of Macys anymore, most of the ones here have closed. I need to check them out again.
Old Spice was on sale at the grocery store so I finished buying deodorant and body wash for my son. I still need more of the shampoo but the sales on that are pretty sparse. They were out of the toilet paper I wanted for him but I wanted to get home and not stand in line for a rain check.
Earlier this week I found a few good cookbooks at the thrift shop for him. All but one looked brand new, never used condition.