Christmas in July 2019 - Day Fifteen

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Hygge Christmas Style as it applies to gifts. A sense of comfort, togetherness, and well-being in choosing or making gifts and giving gifts?

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Lucie and Jody, your suggestions are like paying the Hygge forward!

Reactions: luludou

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I tend to gift specialty teas, specialty coffees, hand poured candles, jams, handmade soaps, hot chocolate and cookies to people. I like to put them in large brown paper lunch bags. I fold the top down, punch two holes just below the fold and then put ribbon or jute through the holes. I string a home made gift tag to the ribbon/jute and make a bow.

Here's an idea of what it would look like:
upload_2019-7-15_17-7-6.png

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I tend to gift specialty teas, specialty coffees, hand poured candles, jams, handmade soaps, hot chocolate and cookies to people. I like to put them in large brown paper lunch bags. I fold the top down, punch two holes just below the fold and then put ribbon or jute through the holes. I string a home made gift tag to the ribbon/jute and make a bow.

View attachment 485
perfectly hygee

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have been trying to do the no clutter gifts for awhile now. I have one friend who I give a gas card. She in turn gives it to her son as a gift. Perfect regifting. We laugh about this since it’s now a tradition.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Once upon a time CEO called "non clutter" gifts "Consumeables" :)

Things that get used up rather than taking up space! I have a list saved somewhere if anyone is interested!

In general, I think my Hygge approach would probably be my focus on homemade gifts/food. Using something hand sewn - ornaments, toys and other simple items. I've made wreaths, knitted washcloths and crocheted blankets.

Food gifts are big too - home canned jams and sauces, spice mixes, food themed gift baskets, even lasagnas that go from my freezer to theirs! :)

Sometimes I'll purchase a food type gift - some good ones are:

Valrhona Cocoa Powder

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0754L4KLM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004YVQ7KI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Both are definitely splurges but very well received by people that love to cook!!! Still simple, still non clutter - which I like!

And then there is all the cookie and cinnamon roll gifting I do each year of course!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm saving these ideas into my Christmas notebook. tfs

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011

View attachment 485
I've used this punch two holes and add ribbon technique. It is so pretty. Sometimes I'll add a festive button. Stores like Target and Wal-Mart sell red and green lunch bags during the holidays and I've seen other colors at times too.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Once upon a time CEO called "non clutter" gifts "Consumeables" :)

Things that get used up rather than taking up space! I have a list saved somewhere if anyone is interested!

In general, I think my Hygge approach would probably be my focus on homemade gifts/food. Using something hand sewn - ornaments, toys and other simple items. I've made wreaths, knitted washcloths and crocheted blankets.

Food gifts are big too - home canned jams and sauces, spice mixes, food themed gift baskets, even lasagnas that go from my freezer to theirs! :)

Sometimes I'll purchase a food type gift - some good ones are:

Valrhona Cocoa Powder

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0754L4KLM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004YVQ7KI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Both are definitely splurges but very well received by people that love to cook!!! Still simple, still non clutter - which I like!

And then there is all the cookie and cinnamon roll gifting I do each year of course!
We'd love to see the list!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Love all of this!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I've used this punch two holes and add ribbon technique. It is so pretty. Sometimes I'll add a festive button. Stores like Target and Wal-Mart sell red and green lunch bags during the holidays and I've seen other colors at times too.
Oh, these would be so pretty and perfect for wrapping gifts. I will keep an eye out.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I use a lot of food gifts - sometimes with a gift card tucked inside!

Reactions: PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Has anyone used Wolfermans.com? I received a gift basket as a New Home gift when we bought our RI house and their muffins are amazing! I think Cracker Barrel does gift baskets as well and people rave about their pancake mix.