Crafters Challenge July 14th-July 20th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
July is halfway thru!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoping to clean more this week! :( :( But needs done.

Hope to try a few more barbie clothes and to get the fleece to try a scarf. With 20 minute lunch this past week didn't get there.

AJ lots of cute ornaments.

Everybody is working so good!

Have a GREAT crafting week!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Past couple of weeks didn't get anything done. Kenny is preparing to leave going to leave his summer job early to go be a camp counselor for 3 weeks at an elite running camp that his old trainer runs. He is thinking I have to run and train anyways so why not get paid $1000 a week todo so. So we have been starting to get what he needs for school and getting things packed since he will go right from there to school for his preseason training.

I bought a little table at a garage sale on Saturday but not me I started sanding it last night hoping to finish it up tonight and get the bottom painted going to stain top and drawer.

so for this week.

Make shirt and tutu outfit for Izzabella (so I can give it to her next weekend) possibly a head band too.
:)finish sanding, painting and staining table
:)make Emma's birthday shirt tonight or tomorrow
work on two quilts for friend
make chair for a friends grandsons first birthday that is now only a couple of weeks away
make shirt for same babies birthday along with a crown

Last edited:

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
When I was doing some cleaning the other day I discovered some x stitch embroidery that I had gotten for my girls to try long ago they didn't care for it so I decided I would do them. They are Christmas motifs and will be fun to do. I did a little on one and will work on them as time allows.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Did some knitting while at the hospital with ds this weekend but this week won't do much... too hot and will play nurse with ds and then it's vacation... will restart in August.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Good morning all!

Finished 4 ornaments this weekend!

Two of these mini embroidery hoop ones with a holly design:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/48289560026/in/dateposted-public/

And two of these circle/star pattern "Joy" ornaments:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/48289666827/in/dateposted-public/

Got a good start on a wall hanging, also in an embroidery hoop but a bit larger one - will look like two little girls in a field of white dandelions - girls will be seen from the back and their hair colors will match mine and my friend that I am giving to...

Will probably work more on simple white circle felt ornament with holly design tonight while waiting on DS at taekwondo class...

Need to print and do pattern for a felt Minion ornament for DS and pick an ornament to make for my friend I am doing the wall hanging for...

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Nice work, AJ!

I've been working on the June owl CCS and have started another knit prayer shawl. Hope to make a couple of tissue box covers before the week is out.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Ordered cinnamon fragrance oil online - will be making scented salt dough ornaments with DS to give family as gifts this year! :)

Making good progress on white circle/holly leaves felt ornament - should finish quickly!

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Cinnamon oil, what a great idea.
Love the Joy ornament, very nice.

I am in a crafting funk. Just seem to busy at the moment to even pick up my heart ornaments. Will need to get moving soon as I still have a lot to do before Christmas.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished the simple white circle with holly leaves ornament!

Cut out another felt swan ornament and assembled a kit for it

Made good progress on embroidery hoop wall hanging - I was so nervous about drawing the design on but it worked fine - it was simple and that is why I decided to risk it!

Hoping to run to Hobby Lobby on lunch today to get Mod Podge I need for Salt Dough Ornaments project this weekend...

Reactions: Ahorsesoul