July 21-27th 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
July nears it's end.
About 6 more weeks of Winter and then time to start Spring cleaning and really ramp up the Christmas prep.

*make work lunches for Monday (X) Tuesday (X) Left overs for me
*wash hair (X)
*washing (X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors ( )
*clean bathrooms (X )

*be aware of water intake ( ) a bit harder as it is getting cold here
*keep on top of daily routine ( ) trying hard to get back on track

*start/continue/finish one craft project (X) got to finish those hearts
*start/continue/finish one book (X)
*books back to library (X)
*update planner( )
*tidy gift closet (X)
*tidy DH cupboards ( )
*meal plan for the coming fortnight ( ) I have ideas...
*continue to go through Pinterest pages (X)
*mop floor ( )
*craft day Thursday (normally with mum but she is on holidays)
*DrillDance training plan (X)
*DrillDance training Wednesday (X )
*wash rubbish/recycling bins ( )....thanks Mary (leftover from last week) ( )
*decorate Winter wreath ( )
*start to set up planner for Spring cleaning (X)
*look at cleaning supplies, make list (X)
*find time to declutter photos ( )

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Our German guests arrive today. This week will be minimal maintenance.

• Grocery Shopping. Done
  • Plan Menu. Done
  • Clean Bathrooms. Done
  • Vacuum/Sweep/Dust Mop/Dust 1st and 2nd floor. Done
  • FlyLady: Master Bedroom (Time permitting)
    • Dust.Done
    • Vacuum. Done
    • Clean Windows.
    • Declutter room. Done
  • Pay bills.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, enjoy your visit. I am sure that the girls will love being a part of your family while they are here,

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Our visitors have left. We had a wonderful time with them. It was quite out of my comfort zone to host the students since we don't speak German. I am glad that we did though. We bonded so quickly that when they left, we were in tears.

Now on to the clean up and catch up... The air mattresses are put away. The sheets and towels have been washed, dried, folded and put away.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Our visitors have left. We had a wonderful time with them. It was quite out of my comfort zone to host the students since we don't speak German. I am glad that we did though. We bonded so quickly that when they left, we were in tears.

Now on to the clean up and catch up... The air mattresses are put away. The sheets and towels have been washed, dried, folded and put away.

We hosted a German student when DD was in high school. Monika was a delight. She was crazy about Converse sneakers and couldn't afford them. So...as she was leaving we gave her a pair as a gift. Oh her face of surprise and delight was precious. Monika came during the school year an DD went with the German class that summer and stayed with her. What a great time they had.
I have the house ready for market and am now decluttering. Just did the front coat closet and didn't have much to move out which means I didn't do too badly the first time through it. My aim is a closet or cabinet a day. DH is really on boar with more decluttering. Tomorrow though we have to be at the hospital for DH's minor surgery and then we should be back on track .

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
What a wonderful memory for Monika!

Jody, are you moving to a new area or are you planning on staying within your community?

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
We will move from IL to MI near my Mom. She will be 89 in December and her health is getting harder for her to maintain and I have 2 siblings that live 2-3 hours away and 2 siblings that live 30-45 mins away. I would like to live closer and be able take her to doctor, grocery shopping etc. I grew up MI. DH's parents are watching from heaven with my Dad.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We will move from IL to MI near my Mom. She will be 89 in December and her health is getting harder for her to maintain and I have 2 siblings that live 2-3 hours away and 2 siblings that live 30-45 mins away. I would like to live closer and be able take her to doctor, grocery shopping etc. I grew up MI. DH's parents are watching from heaven with my Dad.

That sounds like it will be so much nicer for you and your mom. :)