Gift Closet 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We went to the mall last night and stopped in Game stop. They had all their pre-owned games buy 2 get 1 free so we got 2 for our son and 1 for our daughter for their xbox 360. Plus since we have a rewards card with them I was able to apply my birthday reward to the order and got an extra 20% off.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I've been hoping to get Emma's Bowtiful Ballet Studio for DD2 who loves Emma from the Wiggles and wants us to put her in dance class. It's a DVD and a dance/exercise mat and a little bar. I couldn't find it for under $60 despite looking for a really long time. A toy store was offering 15% off any full price toy, and it was more than I wanted to spend, but I was debating it. I thought I hadn't checked Walmart for a few days, so I did a search and they had it on special for $22! So happy to get it for her at that price! It hasn't shipped yet....hoping it will soon as I've had many orders go missing with them. Keeping my fingers crossed......

Minta - That was a great deal at Game Stop :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
FS glad that you got the gift for DD2. Makes us so happy when we can give the kids exactly what they want.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Shopped the 10% off sale at dollar tree for my son. Have all the dish soap, cleaning supplies and baking/paper products for him now. Found 3 more cookbooks too.
Found a pile of stuff on my sewing table, my husband had been Christmas shopping for our son.
Don’t have that much more to shop for son now, Mostly non perishable food.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hit Target toy clearance yesterday and scored a 62 piece magnetic set for DS - used gift cards to get it so technically "free" - it was $17.38 which is a great savings - it will complement another magnetic building set he already has.

Also picked up a Magic Beans track/trick set that ended up ringing up for $2.38! Tucking those away!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I need to find time to look at a few gift that I am getting for DD. I generally top us her make up supplies, new foundation, mascara etc. I have been buying things and just throwing them in the gift closet but I am not quite sure what I have for her.
Stockings are going OK, need to reassess gifts.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I wonder if that cleaning palette would work with paint brushes?

Reactions: Minta

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Diedra I have something like that for paint brushes, found it at the artist store, really inexpensive - I think it was around 2- 3 $

Bought a plastic fill-up hanging bottle for trips to add to dd's stocking, 2 dry sausages (pepperades) for the stockings and finishde a pair of knit socks for dd too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The brush cleaner is a great idea.I might need to quietly ask her if she has one before ordering. Not really sure what she has since she is now out of home.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I bought some gifts for the September birthdays in our family. I bought my first official Christmas gift of the year for my dd. I picked up a white denim jacket that was on the clearance rack at Old Navy. This is exciting because it means that Christmas is around the corner. On the other hand, I'm not quite ready to start up a budget sheet for the gifts.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Found the 2 Hess trucks that my son needed for his collection at a yard sale, new still in boxes. Also picked up some new Christmas décor at a yard sale too.
What a find! I am giving Hess trucks as gifts now!!!

Reactions: Minta

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I bought my first Christmas item last week! I saw an ad on Facebook I think for a Harry Potter advent calendar. Each day opens up to a little item like playing cards or some other bauble. There is a wand in the box as well. DD will flip when she sees it. Now to find something for the boys that is equally as cool.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
got afew more things from work today for stocking stuffers was 50%then with my discount couldnt past them up. a candle- a journal- pad and pen 2 stuffed animals a sachet and another pair of socks.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got some things from Walmart on clearance for DS's stocking! :)

Magic Beans - 2 packs of "beans" $0.75 each, got 2
MashOns Pac Man $0.75
Stickman Elephant and Rhino Figures $1 each

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Seems like you are all doing well on gifts and stocking fillers. I have hit a bit of a wall so need to get in and clean the gift closet and start to get a few more things. Still need a few gift ideas for DD and BF, she is getting harder to buy for since she moved out as they do not have a lot of room at their house and I don't have much of an idea of what they might need.

Reactions: AuntJamelle