Crafters Challenge September 15th-21st, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Month is half over!

My son wants me to make some burp rags and wash cloths for a baby due in November that is his friends. A girl who is to be named Charlotte.

Like others I have been cleaning and not to much crafting.

I did buy some ornament sets to take to the kindergarten teacher if she would like them for the kids to do.

What are your plans for this week????????

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I finished the prayer shawl this morning, so it's time to cast on a pair of socks for DSonIL for Christmas.

We're at the lake and I brought the kitted September CCS owl to work on if I get a chance and the dress for Sonja that I want to embellish (bought it at Walmart). I think I'm going to use some very small yo-yos around the neckline and a large one at the waist. It has a cute tiny-pleated skirt on it.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've figured out how to do the baby blanket (I think), so will work on that. Tomorrow, if I don't go to town for errands, will try to go to knitting lady to get both pair of socks figured out and then can work on them slowly.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Need to go over my master gift list and double check where I am up to. Still have time to finish a few things if needed.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ I'm joining in the sock knitting this week.

Yesterday morning I made the yo-yos for Sonja's dress and pinned them on. It's looking pretty cute. I borrowed a flower-shape yo-yo maker which I want to use for a yo-yo at the waist but I forgot to bring it, so will do that one at home.

Then I got out the pattern and yarn for the socks and got the 24 stitches cast on for each sock before it was time for us to leave to meet friends. Maybe I can get the toes worked up this morning.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD the socks I do go from cuff to toe. Have not been able to go to knitting lady today (she was unavailable), but should go next Monday.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Left the house at 7 this morning to go to the tent sale in shilo. Got the backing for the Marshall quilt and backings for 2 of the quilts I want to make for next year. I got there early and the place was packed. Hard to do a lot of shopping with so many people( which is a good thing I guess for me). Stoped at Joann’s and got another piece of black fabric for binding. Will start sewing again next week I think.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I need to go to Joanns too and look for October pillowcase fabrics. Didn't see anything great at Ben Franklin yesterday when we stopped on our way home. I did buy a fabric panel for an Advent Calendar and some fabric for a table runner for your kitchen bar.

I need to make another go at trying to match the striping in the yarn for the socks I'm knitting. If I can find the match, I will need to frog what I've done and start again. If they were for a child, I wouldn't bother, but for a man's socks I think I'll try harder.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm two rows away from the final pattern repeat on my lace shawl. Then after that it's just a few rows of garter stitch to finish it off. I hope to be finished tonight. I've never disliked the very sight of a project so much, but I'm trying to set an example to DD8 not to give up. I've been within 10 rows of the end for about 5 nights, but I keep dropping stitches.

I need to find a pattern for a ballet shrug. DD6 wants one desperately for dance class but there is nothing like that for sale in our town. The only ones I've found online are about $32 with $12.50 shipping, which seems a bit much.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Frosty is a ballet shrug like a regular knitted shrug? I have a link for a company that has a child’s pattern for one. I think the pattern I purchased was about 5 or 6$ US after the conversion from pounds sterling. It’s a download pattern

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
20190918_154844 (2).jpg

Finished the table runner for our bar today. I just couldn't keep myself away from this fabric! It should have been longer but I cut the fabric wrong. I do like it the way it is though. And I really needed something for fall!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I love that fabric. No wonder you couldn’t stay away from that fabric! Beautiful!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Frosty is a ballet shrug like a regular knitted shrug? I have a link for a company that has a child’s pattern for one. I think the pattern I purchased was about 5 or 6$ US after the conversion from pounds sterling. It’s a download pattern

It's like a shrug but it's fitted well and ties in the middle of the chest. Does that sound like the pattern you saw?

Dahlia Doll - I love the runner!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thank you all! It's hard to find fall fabric that has blue in it, so this with the blue and teal, both, was absolutely perfect for me. I have more of the fabric that I hope to use to make a cover for a stool at our entry.

I went to Creative U today. They didn't present anything that I was tempted with, but I did pick up some fabric for more pillowcases for Julia and Sonja. It seemed easier picking out fabrics for Iris' pillowcases.