2019 Wrapping party dates.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
That sounds so cute! Do you think the white bag is thick enough that you wouldn't see the gift inside?
If I take the store packaging off it will be as the pillow are white. I can keep the packaging it they want to return it but I don't think they will.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, it will be great to see how you end up packaging the gifts. Take some photos to post.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
November 1st and 2nd are down as wrapping party dates.
If you don't yet have anything to wrap, or like some have already wrapped take the time to do some prep or just have some fun.
Christmas is now next month so time to get moving on all those little jobs now so that we can relax on the lead up.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Thanks for the reminder. I will try to work on some during the week. This weekend is ending up to be busier than I thought.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Love the wrapping parties.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I put on a Christmas movie and did some wrapping. I also checked my wrapping supplies, all good but need some green paper. I seem to have a lot of girl paper but not too much that is more for the boys. If I see some that I like I will get it but really don't need anything.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Instead of wrapping I sat and wrote all of my Christmas cards. Not sure if the stamps have been released yet but will pop into the post office today and check.

Reactions: luludou

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm caught up with the wrapping of family gifts that I have so far. My next wrapping goal will be to finish up the gifts for the service people.

Reactions: PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I'm caught up with the wrapping of family gifts that I have so far. My next wrapping goal will be to finish up the gifts for the service people.
What service people are on your list and what are your gift selections for them?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
The week before or leading into Thanksgiving, I give out hot chocolate and cookies to the bus drivers, youth group leaders, mail carrier, trash crew, and recycling crew. Teachers receive either dish towels, hand made candles, hand made soaps, jams or tea. It depends on what my dds pick out. The bags are dressed up for Thanksgiving and gratitude.

I use to do this the week before Christmas but a lot of people take off then. The gifts would sit by the door until mid January. I thought about moving the date to St. Valentine's Day but found it better for me to move it to Thanksgiving.

Reactions: PamelaG

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I use to do this the week before Christmas but a lot of people take off then. The gifts would sit by the door until mid January. I thought about moving the date to St. Valentine's Day but found it better for me to move it to Thanksgiving.
What a good idea. I suppose too that people get a lot of gifts during Christmas so it is nice to spread it out a bit.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I got all the pillows wrapped today. November2019 044.JPG It took more time than I expected. Each pillow has a pair of gloves pinned to them. I have the bookmark I made in one glove and the other glove will have a gc to Barnes and Noble in it. The picture shows you will the Christmas tree will go so they have all been moved to the spare room waiting.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, they are so dang cute. Well done to you.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Love the snowman pillows.

My wrapping as changed to gift bags with this unexpected surgery. I’ll have to check my inventory of bags and tissue paper this week.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
ADORE the snowman pillows!!!!

Sorry to hear about your surgery Ahorsesoul!!! Sounds like you are rolling with it - as far as wrapping goes anyway!!!

I got started up with wrapping again last night - need to keep plugging away!!! Want to deal with what I already have on hand to wrap because the next wave will roll in Black Friday week and then from online purchases!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My wrapping as changed to gift bags with this unexpected surgery. I’ll have to check my inventory of bags and tissue paper this week.
Hope you are feeling better.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I wrapped the gifts that I have bought in the last few weeks today. I am now set for the next shopping round on Friday!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I wrapped the gifts that I have bought in the last few weeks today. I am now set for the next shopping round on Friday!
Well done, I bet it feels good to have wrapped what you have.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom