Freezer Sessions 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Way to go, Lucie!!!

So I "thought" I was done filling the freezers BUT :rolleyes:

I had reached out to a friend whose sister is pretty sick (for 2nd time) with cancer - to see if I could help her with anything. She pinged me today sharing how things are not going well but they are trying to still have a somewhat normal Christmas - in any case she asked me if I would do some baking for her - so she would be able to contribute.

Hmmm....let me think about that....in a flat minute!!!

So I sent her my "resume" and am waiting to hear back what I can do for her...I told her I was open to attempting any recipes she sent me too.

Just makes me so grateful to this site and CEO and everyone for their support and encouragement all year long...if I wasn't so prepared at this point in the season there is no way I would be able to take on extra things that come along like this. Not and stay sane!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, there is something to be said for being ahead of the game. When life throws you a curve ball we can help knowing that it will not add to the pressure of the season.
I hope that your friends sister is on the road to healing, I know that by you helping out it will bring them some joy.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
She pinged me today sharing how things are not going well but they are trying to still have a somewhat normal Christmas - in any case she asked me if I would do some baking for her - so she would be able to contribute.

This totally made me tear up. Your gift of baking or cooking a meal during a time when someone is feeling vulnerable especially at this time of year is so kind and generous of spirit. This is what the season is about. :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Have another batch of Lemon Snowballs ready to bake/freeze tonight!

And a QUADRUPLE batch of cinnamon roll dough waiting in the fridge downstairs. :eek:

Will give most of rolls away right away but will be freezing some for later gifting.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Going to be boiling hot for the next few days here, time to pull some prepared meals out of the freezer.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm working on meal preparation for Sunday's brunch. I cooked up and froze 2 lbs. of pork sausage. The vegetables for the casserole were chopped, sauteed and frozen. I also cooked up 5 lbs. of bacon for add-ins this winter.

4 batches of cookies were baked and in the freezer.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DH has used nearly all the sausage that I cooked up and froze. Will get more when I shop and prepare it for the freezer. He is loving the fact that he can just go to the freezer and pull out a meal if it is too hot to cook from scratch.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
DH has used nearly all the sausage that I cooked up and froze. Will get more when I shop and prepare it for the freezer. He is loving the fact that he can just go to the freezer and pull out a meal if it is too hot to cook from scratch.

I thought of you today while listening to the Christmas podcast called Tinsel Tunes on my morning walk. The host is from New Zealand. He said is was a "billion degrees" right now. I chuckled because I was walking in 34 degrees F temperatures.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Another batch of cookies were made and went to the freezer.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I thought of you today while listening to the Christmas podcast called Tinsel Tunes on my morning walk. The host is from New Zealand. He said is was a "billion degrees" right now. I chuckled because I was walking in 34 degrees F temperatures.
A billion degrees is probably an exaggeration...going to be 43 for the next few days (109.4F)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got the cheesecake in the freezer! Also cut up some bakery bread into cubes and froze for making strata for Christmas morning.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got the cheesecake in the freezer! Also cut up some bakery bread into cubes and froze for making strata for Christmas morning.
I am not sure what strata is I will have to look that up. I have bread in the freezer too for a french toast and raspberry casserole for Christmas morning.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I am not sure what strata is I will have to look that up. I have bread in the freezer too for a french toast and raspberry casserole for Christmas morning.
I have not thought of that combination before! That sounds good! Do you add fresh raspberries to your French toast?

Thank goodness I did all the meal prep that I could do on Monday for Sunday's brunch. The kitchen was torn apart today. Dh had to work on a leak. I got into the kitchen in time to make dinner tonight. Seriously, that meal prep on Monday was a sanity saver.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have not thought of that combination before! That sounds good! Do you add fresh raspberries to your French toast?
Mary,
I added fresh raspberries and chunks of white chocolate to the baked french toast.....it was very good.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Oh, BRAVO Katrina! What an excellent, excellent idea!!!

I can share strata recipe, it's an overnight one - basically an egg milk mixture poured over bread, cooked sausage and cheese - then you top with a "sauce" just before baking.

Added a batch of Oven Chicken Fajitas in marinade to freezer - plus a bag of sliced peppers and onions. :)

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, you never stop do you?
The Baked French toast was so good. I am popping it in the planner for next year.