Word of the Year 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I believe my word will be 'rediscover'.
Jampss, what an amazing job you have done raising your babies. I hope that you have a wonderful year of rediscovering.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I was a total failure at this last year, I’m not sure I even had a word for 2019.
I’m sitting here watching the hallmark channel and the Candace Cameron Bure commercial came on for her new line of something ( I have no idea, missed that part) but she was talking about “be still” and enjoying the moments. I keep my self so busy I rarely sit and be still. I so enjoyed just sitting in front of my Christmas trees in the early morning all alone. But again this year I have only done it a few times. I think I’m miss those little tiny moments, that are gone in a flash, that could bring me joy if I would just “be still”. I’m sure my relationship with the lord (even with my husband for that matter) would improve, if I would “be still”. I say all this while I’m thinking I should do a load of laundry, empty and reload the dishwasher and both the boys still need the rest of their medication today instead of sitting here. Lol, I guess I have my work cut out for me in 2020.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, will be looking forward to your journey in 2020. I hope that you manage to find time for yourself.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Work has been slow, so I've spent the last two days thinking about this and continued to think about it as I was doing things this morning trying to get over to work on the house.

I have chosen deliberate. It's much like Jessica's intentional. I decided I need to be more conscious of the things I'm doing and decisions I'm making. Things should have a definite reason or purpose. I want the things I do and decisions I make to be deliberate and with purpose. I feel as if I've run on auto-pilot since starting the new job in July. Only recently have I started to develop a better routine, because I have started being more deliberate in what I do in the mornings and and in the evenings when I come home from work.

I love all the words everyone has chosen this year.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I love your explanation Jane! That's how I feel as well, like i'm on autopilot all the time since I started working. My reasoning is pretty much the exact same as yours for my word Intentional. I couldn't have said it better! I want the things I do this year to have a reason or purpose, not just because I was too tired to figure something else out or explore my options and make the best choice. I'm tired of living on autopilot.

I'm focusing on getting my health in order, my relationships, my emotional and mental stability as well. I am going to be Intentional in setting up better and more efficient routines for myself in the mornings and afternoons, evenings that are healthy and maximize my time while still being what I want to do, as well as what I need for my health.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A lot has happened to the world since choosing my word late last year. My word APPRECIATE is very current in today's climate. Half way through the year I want to sit and re-read through the reasons why I chose my word and to keep using it as we enter the second half of the year.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
You know, I haven't given the word of the year much thought at this point in the year as I've done in the past. My word is Proceed. I wasn't sure what I was to do with it but wow, I can look back now and see how it is influencing me.

There are some areas where I started something but then stopped for whatever reason. I've gone back to those areas and have proceeded from where I stopped. Those areas are really my own dreams come to think of it. I put off things because the timing wasn't right but now it is in some cases. I think there are some areas where the timing will never be right but I need to make a decision this year if I will proceed or not.

Thanks for bringing this up, Katrina. It's been good for me to think about this word again.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Mary I love your idea that when you stop working on something you toss in your Word and proceed on with it.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Katrina and HolidayMom thank you for your updates! Its interesting how sometime what we pick leads the way with out even thinking about it. I know that was how last year was for me.
This year I have Bloom where you are planted. I need to remember that more sometimes with thks job and in some areas I feel I am doing ok.
Hope your year continues well.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Shannon, Bloom is a word that really is appropriate right now. A beautiful flower can bloom no matter what the conditions are.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Shannon, Bloom is a word that really is appropriate right now. A beautiful flower can bloom no matter what the conditions are.

Yes! That reminds me of a time that I went to a Delaware beach and saw a flowering cactus on the dune. I was so surprised since I thought that only cactus can grow in the desert and not on a beach.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Heading towards the end of the year. This is the time that I really start getting moving with plans, actions and prep.
Things are still so wild in our world but I appreciate that my family remain safe and well, we are all working and that we all love and support each other. Looking forward to the next few months.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I couldn't even remember what word I chose until I looked back on here. Wow...what a word to choose for this year, as I feel that much of what I've been doing has been deliberate to served a specific purpose. All the work at the new house, getting things moved (for not only us, but family, too), rehab on my wrist, working to stock pile for unforeseen Covid emergencies or weather emergencies.

I spent a lot of time last week looking back over Fly Lady. I want things to run as smoothly as life will allow.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Jane, I'm in agreement with your post. I also just went through FlyLady's site last week for some encouragement to proceed with routines. My word is spot on for me this whole year. I'm telling you, there are times that I just want to wallow in self-pity, disappointment, etc. because of how life is different due to coronavirus. No can do. I got to Proceed! Just got to take the next step forward.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I tried to change things around hopefully they took.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
My word for 2020 is deliberate.