Celebrate Me 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hi all,

From this post from Ginger ...
Celebrate Me 2012 Monthly Themes
https://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/threads/celebrate-me-2012-monthly-themes.27244/

I thought I'd start this thread for 2018. :)

Don't forget to celebrate on your birth date each month :D
Here are some topics for your Celebrate Me Days:
January: Promises Month (Spend some time on your word for the year and other reflections for the year)
February: Face Month (Get a facial, buy new makeup, cleanser, or lotion)
March: Lucky Charms Month (treat yourself to some jewelry)
April: Inner Me Month (Make a self collage, start a journal or write a letter to yourself, find an inspirational book to enjoy)
May: Hair Month (Get an hot oil treatment, buy new shampoo or conditioner, splurge a bit)
June: Something for Me Month (Buy a little treat...a new purse, a beach tote, new sandels)
July: A Day to Myself Month (Spend a day to yourself, browse shops, walk in the park, take yourself for a nice lunch)
August: Happy Feet Month (Get a pedicure, new nail polish, soak your feet or get a foot massage)
September: Perfume Month (buy new perfume or body spray, enjoy some new body wash or a bubble bath)
October: It's Soundtrack of My Life Month (Make a list of songs of your life, burn a CD of them or purchase a favorite CD etc)
November: Pretty Hands Month (Get a manicure or buy new lotion, trim your nails and pamper your hands)
December: Christmas Gift Month (Buy yourself a small Christmas gift, wrap, and place it under the tree...something you will LOVE)

So. I found this from 2018!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I did spend Sunday, January 19 ... doing a little reflection on my word .... Rediscover.

Reactions: girlsinmo

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
So. I found this from 2018!

Thank you Jampss it was great to take a trip down memory lane through that thread. Celebrate me is something I still need to get better at thank you for the reminder..

Reactions: jampss

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I love this! I'm a little behind for January - the 16th is my birthdate - so I'm catching up today. My word for 2020 is Adapt - I'm still working my way around it. "Become adjusted to new conditions" is one of the definitions - I'm definitely doing that.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
This is one of the things I REALLY should do!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
oh yes! .. and today would be my day. I have been taking it easy this afternoon :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My birthdate is the 30th and luckily January is my birthday. I think I will have a pedicure on Thursday and will be going out to family dinner. There will be no celebrate me day in February so will have to think of another day.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
How's everyone doing with the pandemic happening? What ways are you taking care of yourself?

Daily walks (usually twice a day), reading more books, playing my video game (Animal Crossing), drinking lots of coffee from my new coffee machine that I bought myself.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I am pretty use to being house bound with DD living with us. So nothing really changed except the news and newspaper having nothing else to report except to re-hash virus info. Neighbors just cancelled their paper. We now only have two small sections. first section in minimal world news with two pages of sports. Second section is Virus info, Dear Abby and the comics.

Dh and I work from home so that hasn’t changed. DD says every day she misses work. I overheard her telling LC3 how she misses it SO MUCH but when the virus Is settled and work opens she probably will not want to go. lol

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Jessica, Glad you like your Nespresso machine. I love mine and cut down going to Caribou by about 99%.

Reactions: jampss and MrsSoup

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I read - A LOT! It's a wonderful escape during these times even if some of the fiction I read is worse than what is actually going on;)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Jessica, Glad you like your Nespresso machine. I love mine and cut down going to Caribou by about 99%.

Have you found anywhere to order the capsules besides the Nespresso website? I have to have the Vertuo model so have to use those capsules and so far have only been able to find them on the Nespresso website.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I read this topic headline and my first though was....THE WHOLE YEAR I'LL BE CELEBRATING ME!! LOL I've said this a couple times and I feel kinda bad sometimes admitting it, but I decided during this time to be a little selfish. It sounds horrible, but really I spend so much of my "Normal" life doing so much for others, I Just needed a break...to do me!!! I've gotten stuff done I wanted to do for so long and haven't, it's been amazing!!!!!!!!!! I mean I could of sewn mask and done some other stuff, but I CHOSE NOT TO!!!!! So I've worked on organizing some things I've wanted to do for 5 years. I worked on uploading photos from the past several years and printing 2500 photos (WHICH TAKES FOREVER)...and I've caught up on a couple shows. I've walked my dog daily..sometimes BOTH dogs. I've cooked meals for my husband every morning and lunch while he's working from home. I've spent more time with him and it's not been all bad. I have no idea how this summer will play out because everything I enjoy in the summer has been cancelled, but I guess I'll just do more ME!!! My word of the year is REVITALIZE..which means me, my home and some relationships. I'll just keep focusing on that!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm introverted so this time at home is just what I like. :D Life is much simpler and a lot less stressful for me. I've read more books than I ever thought possible. I've gotten some family history research done. I've been exercising and eating less. (I kept a pair a of jeans from 20 years ago as an incentive to lose weight. Food rationing seemed to be the incentive. I finally fit into them.) I started projects that I've always wanted to do but didn't have the time to do. It's very satisfying and fulfilling to do these things that I enjoy even if no one else enjoys it.

I can relate to a lot of what Michelle said about using this time for me and feeling selfish. I've happily given up a lot for other people but along the way I took a back burner to myself. In March I had a friend approach me asking to do work on one of her dream projects. I said no. She just approached me again this week. I said I was still too busy. People are not use to me saying "No" but I've found it very freeing and easier and easier to say "No" these days.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
When you've always put yourself out for others they are always shocked when they hear No. I stated doing this a few years ago. It does improve your mood and self image.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I too am doing things that I have been putting off for years. I have just finished a jigsaw puzzle that I was given 5 or 6 years ago and would like to start on another. I am doing more crafting, but less reading as the libraries are closed. I do find that I have more time as I am not running around after others. I have said no to some on-line invitations to Tupperware partied etc as they did not interest me. I hope that when this situation is over that somethings continue this way.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I loved reading all the above.

Not too much change around here, either. DH was able to continue working out of the house. DS16 classes were moved online. I only went out every other week to grocery shopping . I read, walked, yoga, crocheted and watched my Hallmark movies. I made more desserts than ever before!

We three played card games, board games, and took bike rides.

I crocheted some masks for friends and even mailed some to DD28 and boyfriend in VT. DBCB0AD3-A104-49FE-B935-F88611A8F7D5.jpeg