Crafters Challenge February 23rd-February 29th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning MHH Crafters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 months of 2020 will be down with the end of next weeks challenge!

You all did so good last week making stuff.

Teigan picked out 2 FQ to sew with the other night at Wal-Mart. Her ideal so will leave them lay around and see when she will sew.

I am hoping to start working on the CIJ swap ornaments during lunches this week. Have to find my bigger bag to take it all along.

What are you plans for this weeks crafting???????

HAPPY CRAFTING and anxious to hear what is being worked on!

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Have several things I want to complete before Friday. I'll be going to Open Sew Tuesday, so need to decide what to take and get it packed up ahead of time.

Possibilities (but I always find I think I can do more than is actually realistic):
  • Sandwich memorial quilt
  • Tissue box cover for DD (1 more)
  • Scissor fob(s) (finish the one I started and maybe make 1 more)
  • Valentine ornament(s)
  • Knit socks (need to be frogged and started again … they are too big this time)
  • CCS motifs (1 Valentine nearly done; 1 small cute Easter one)
  • Craftermath control

Reactions: Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Phew, you girls are on a roll. I am still knitting coat hangers, should complete number 6 this week. Then to fit onto the coat hangers.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Everyone is busy!
I doubt I’ll get anything done this week. Between prepping today for my colonoscopy tomorrow, breakfast with friends, a date with my husband and a trip to the Cleveland auto show, the week is pretty much shot. I did get my background fabric ordered for my quilts today. I will try to twist my husband’s arm to stop at least one quilt shop on the way home from Cleveland.
Have a great week everyone.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I had some quality time in the studio yesterday. I got the memorial quilt sandwiched, finished the scissor fob, started a machine embroidery Valentine ornament, and made a tissue box cover. Today I plan to be in there again. Must be sure to do some craftermath control before Friday. In the evening I frogged the socks (again) and finished a CCS Valentine motif (ready for a card for 2021).

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've finished another ornament 99% of the way but have several at that point I need to fire up the hot glue gun to finish!

Making good progress on another ornament and almost finished with a Mother's Day card as well.

Hoping to get more crafting time this week!

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Cute decorations and ideas for add-ins! I don't decorate for St. Patrick's Day, but we do try to get to a local Irish Pub, and I get a corned beef to cook up...Then I wonder why we don't have it more often.

Got a start on some Christmas cards yesterday. I made the prototype and have all the supplies gathered together so I'll be able to assembly-line the process.

I want to get the socks cast on again. I'm hoping the third time is the charm.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished off a group of ornaments!!! :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49583984186/in/dateposted-public/

Also this phoenix ornament as part of the Harry Potter set I am making for DS:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49584217167/in/dateposted-public/

Also finished felt dolphin ornament but don't have a pic of that yet.

Have another HP ornament ready - just need to cut and blanket stitch backer piece to glue on.

Two more ornament kits in the last round I created ready to start on!

Also spent some time in CriCut software prepping for recipe binder I'm making for a girlfriend for her April birthday. Bought some papers this weekend that I plan to use. Can't wait to get started!

Plan to focus on that and continue work on cards as well!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ All great projects! It also reminds me that it's time for me to update my blog.

Worked on some Christmas cards yesterday.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I’m trying to knit. Years ago I knitted a wash cloth. I’ve started over three times. The loops fell off and I just don’t understand the stitches yet. I’m practicing one row knit, one row purl. D81176D9-1848-4FC7-96DB-CAFFE9BA8AB0.jpeg

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
I’m trying to knit. Years ago I knitted a wash cloth. I’ve started over three times. The loops fell off and I just don’t understand the stitches yet. I’m practicing one row knit, one row purl. View attachment 615

Try putting the needle into your stitch and wrapping the yarn around your needle while still on the fatter part of your left needle. Than make sure the new stitch is on the fatter part of your right needle before you completely remove the stitch off your left needle. Hope that makes sense. Not only does this help keep the stitches from slipping off but it also helps with the tension/gauge of your stitches.