Crafters Challenge March 29th-April 4th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning!

Welcome! Welcome!

Several of you are really making head way on several things. You were all productive anyway but I guess staying home alittle more might also give alittle more time.

Loved seeing and hearing of all being worked on.

What is your plan this week?

Happy Crafting and SHARE SHARE SHARE :) :) :)

Reactions: AuntJamelle

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I have an ambitious list this week which includes mostly April BD cards and gifts as well as Easter cards.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I love the carrot!!!

My plan this week is to finish these face masks for MedVet. I have maybe 65 cut out but only 50 of them I’m actually working on right now. Just have the ties left so I’m making tons of binding. I have perfected my bias tape cutting skills and using that little bias tape folder thing. And I’m using up more of my stash! Now if I can stop burning my fingers with the iron. And I managed to cut my finger open last night with the scissors lol! I want to either drop 1/2 of them off or put them in the mail by Tuesday. Then I can mail the rest by the end of the week. I love being able to do something for them, they were so good to all of us the last 5 1/2 years. I have to tell you these masks are not all that much fun to make. My friend bought 40 yards of elastic (!!!) to make a mass quantity of masks for the hospital. She’s made about 20 and done with it, she’s not loving making them either lol. It’s funny because she does a lot of charity sewing.

JoDee, that’s what I did with my pile of ufos.

Have a fun and productive week, I hope you all find plenty of time to do the things you love.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I will finish the ccs for the birthday card and then I will move on to another ufo. I told dd#2 about my plan to work on & finish ufo's, and she asked me how many new projects I'm going to turn into ufo's. Does she know her mother, or what?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Ahorsesoul ~ Cute door hanging. I need to get out my Easter décor! (Don’t have much.)

Myron’s Mom ~ Sometimes working with those small projects can be dangerous to the hands. Can you use those rubber finger thingies to protect from burns? I do like those bias tape makers. Also using the straw-type tuners works very well for making cords. Have you tried them? Of course, if you don’t already have them, you can’t really go out and get them now. I like these

https://www.joann.com/tube-turner-sets/8588634.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&source=TIS-S&WT.srch=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsYb0BRCOARIsAHbLPhGYqrVt4nVWwfVdcYeyX-YoOWmzw8O7WSsDPOORgLRgmTLHIV-0tYIaAmaxEALw_wcB

but a straw and a skewer will work, too.

GrammaDeb ~ So funny!

UFOs, WIPs and PIGS are the route to go these days. Should help me with my ever-expanding hoard of stash.

I’m working on CCS motifs for April BD cards (one nearly done), making a couple of tissue box covers (dug out fabric and pattern yesterday), and trying different ideas for Easter cards. The one I tried yesterday was a big failure.

A couple other projects in the wings are the growth chart and some slip covers for our entry way stool. I have several fabrics I want to use for that, so I can switch them out with the seasons.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
AJ, the cookbook is beautiful!! Such a treasure.
Dahlia, thanks for the link, sending it to my husband for a Christmas idea. I should try the rubber things. I’m finding as I’m getting older I’m having a hard time with my fingers.

I finished and mailed 25 masks today and I have about 40 on my cutting table to finish. Then I’m done except for a couple for us and our friends.

Attachments

• 40BAB82A-B31C-42DE-8149-BCE0EC803D60.jpeg
    40BAB82A-B31C-42DE-8149-BCE0EC803D60.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 85F73ADC-A882-4A85-99EE-AE89389E0711.jpeg
    85F73ADC-A882-4A85-99EE-AE89389E0711.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 8

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
AJ, the cookbook is beautiful!! Such a treasure.
Dahlia, thanks for the link, sending it to my husband for a Christmas idea. I should try the rubber things. I’m finding as I’m getting older I’m having a hard time with my fingers.

I finished and mailed 25 masks today and I have about 40 on my cutting table to finish. Then I’m done except for a couple for us and our friends.
I love the pictures. Great job!.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
AJ. Lovely cookbook—a treasure it will be

Had a hard time finishing section four on the shawl. The kyot stitch was a hard stitch to do. Each time I had to do a row of those stitch’s it took me an hour per row and I had to do three of them. Thankfully they are done and I’m now on the fifth section.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Rose ~ That sounds like a complicated shawl. I'm sure it will be well worth the effort. I haven't been doing any knitting the last few days since I'm back to CCS in the evenings.

I did finish a CCS motif for DD's BD card yesterday, as well as the tissue box cover which is part of her gift. Need to get those in the mail today.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
DJ thankfully it was only three rows of the 30 in that section of the shawl. There is another section with a row or two of another hard stitch by the looks of it.

Spend part of the day in the basement at the cutting table. Three tops and two bags cut out and ready to go.

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ Your recipe book is wonderful. What a treat that will be to use!

Myron’s Mom ~ If I started hinting to my DH for Christmas this early, I wouldn’t stand a chance of getting it, I don’t think. Although he is getting better. Great fabrics on the face masks!

Rose ~ I find some patterns/stitches fun to do and others are not. For the ones that are not, they better make a beautiful finish! One stitch I love to do is the herringbone stitch. Looks like you have your sewing projects lined up and ready to go. Good work.

Ahorsesoul ~ Do you have a link to your FB page?

I didn’t get the BD gift in the mail yesterday, but did get the card made with the CCS motif, made myself a tissue box cover for the lake and worked on another CCS motif for a BD card. I would like to make a machine embroidery zip bag to accompany the friend’s BD card. With them living a ways away and the social distancing restrictions, I would need to mail it though. Ordinarily, we would have a dinner with them on or close to her BD.