christmas 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We have to make a trip to walmart this weekend so I want to grab some material. Thankfully they have some already pre-bundled so it just grab and go as I am going to start making gifts.

I think there will be sort of black friday/cyber monday but I think it will be more online than in store. Only time will tell.

This December I see me spending more time in the kitchen with the kids baking and making all kinds of goodies, more evenings and weekends with the family in PJs watching Christmas specials/movies while enjoying homemade christmas cookies and popcorn. More nights playing board games with the family and yes we have a christmas bingo game too. Will have to look for some more Christmas themed games.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A friend mentioned today about Christmas crafts etc. I am going to see if I can find a Christmas themed colouring in book maybe from EBay. I think I would enjoy that. I also want to look for a Christmas themed jigsaw puzzle. I think I can quite easily fill me time in the lead up to Christmas.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
yes been ordering some things here and there for christmas. ive been having pictures made for a album for daughter baby is going on 7 mths so i know she will love have them. will just have to wait and see how all this turns out will be different im sure. just want it to be safe for all

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I bought my first Christmas/Hanukkah gift today! A large bottle of shampoo for DDIL. It's much cheaper at the BX.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I bought my first Christmas/Hanukkah gift today! A large bottle of shampoo for DDIL. It's much cheaper at the BX.
It's a start.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I agree that different doesn’t have to mean bad. We have weathered through illness, hospitalizations, and car accidents around the holidays. We will make it through this one no matter what is going on.
Food wise, our menus are pretty basic. The last couple of years I’ve pulled dinner from the freezer except for potatoes and coleslaw. I’ll watch as time moves on and pick up things for the freezer as I see them. Drinks are basic too. I can get our wine now and store it.
Husband and I usually do some kind of event in December but neither one of us would die if we didn’t.
My gift lists and gift ideas won’t change because of the virus. I’ve already started most of my homemade gifts. Once the fabric shops open I will finish buying for them. My shopping time line has moved up though. Since groceries, toilet paper, cleaning supplies etc, etc are in short supply I’ll start buying now more than usual for my son.
If we can’t either entertain or go out for dinner with friends and family we can always drop gifts off. Not really what I want because I like to see everyone open their gifts but again we will make it work.
It’s just the 3 of us now and since my our son is a adult nothing will be a disaster here. I can see though if you have little ones that this situation can have a huge impact on the holidays.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM. We here at MHH are generally great planners. I have already got a good idea on what I will want to be doing come December. I have my general list and an alternative list. I will definitely be keeping an eye out over the next few weeks for items that I am wanting to get. I will store things in the freezer and stockpile.
I have spoken to DH and DS about what we will do as an alternate Christmas month if needed. I think it will be interesting to see what we come up with.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
MM. We here at MHH are generally great planners.

Yes, planning is a blessing and a curse for me. I get grief for thinking ahead, researching, and asking family so many questions. Yet, I get the "For she's a jolly good fellow" when the research has paid off and I've made a situation that could have been bleak look pretty good. I'm also a person who needs time to process events especially when it involves unexpected change. This pandemic has done a job on me. I do feel much better having a plan of action for Christmas. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This pandemic has done a job on me. I do feel much better having a plan of action for Christmas. :)
Mary, I am a planner, I often enjoy the planning more than I like the event. I do not enjoy unknowns, they give me anxiety. I often get the eye roll :rolleyes: when I ask someone a question about Christmas and it is still months and months away....it makes me feel better though to have a plan in place.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
June!!! We are into June, how did that happen?. Mid year always reminds me of how quickly the year is passing and makes me want to get moving with the planning and prep. Winter here so will spend the next few months making lists and plans so that come Spring(September) I will be in a good place.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Mary, I am a planner, I often enjoy the planning more than I like the event. I do not enjoy unknowns, they give me anxiety. I often get the eye roll :rolleyes: when I ask someone a question about Christmas and it is still months and months away....it makes me feel better though to have a plan in place.

This made me laugh because I could have very easily posted this too. I will talk about the family Christmas get togethers months early since we are hosting them I want to have a plan put into place. I am usually met with grunts, groans, eye rolls and but it's not even Christmas yet or it's still summer LOL

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Ha! I have been talking to family members about Christmas 2021. No reaction because they know I am always thinking about Christmas. I want to make new stockings and put a name in each one and that is the person they will exchange gifts with in 2021. They are do stocking stuffers. They will get the stocking wrapped with their 2020 gifts. I am hoping to sew the new stockings with Mom. We like doing projects like that together.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I want to make new stockings and put a name in each one and that is the person they will exchange gifts with in 2021. They are do stocking stuffers. They will get the stocking wrapped with their 2020 gifts. I am hoping to sew the new stockings with Mom. We like doing projects like that together.
What a fabulous idea and I love the fact that you get to do this project with your Mum.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Ha! I have been talking to family members about Christmas 2021. No reaction because they know I am always thinking about Christmas. I want to make new stockings and put a name in each one and that is the person they will exchange gifts with in 2021. They are do stocking stuffers. They will get the stocking wrapped with their 2020 gifts. I am hoping to sew the new stockings with Mom. We like doing projects like that together.
Love this idea!

Reactions: Minta

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
"We interrupt this teleworking day to announce...drum roll please...the Keepsake Ornaments Dream Book is online here"

Pam can I say I do not like the new format of the online book. I feel like I'm going to miss something. I'm definitely going to look at my mother in laws when I get over to her place. Hopefully she's found it after misplacing it on my last visit.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
"We interrupt this teleworking day to announce...drum roll please...the Keepsake Ornaments Dream Book is online here"

Pam can I say I do not like the new format of the online book. I feel like I'm going to miss something. I'm definitely going to look at my mother in laws when I get over to her place. Hopefully she's found it after misplacing it on my last visit.
I agree. I like the paper version. I can make notes and circle must-haves!