2012 Houseworks Holiday Plan

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CraftyLady

Retire Member
Apr 4, 2011
I started the HHP a little early. I cleaned the computer room this morning. I still have to clean out the file cabinet, but the rest is done top to bottom. Mostly, I started early because I usually clean when my husband is working on a weekend and that's where he works from so I can't clean when he's there.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Good for you Craftylady.

I will need to work on my guest room again. o_O I sort of junked it up a bit with books, paper and cosmetics. I plan to move my cosmetics into the bathroom sink cabinet but I have to get a shelving unit and some storage containers before I can move them. Hmmm, then again I may move them into the linen closet. Decisions, decisions...

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hello friends! I'm back for another awesome season of HHP! Just got back into town after being gone most of the summer. (The house needs some serious dusting.) It's great to see a bunch of familiar names and I'm happy to see some new ones too! Welcome! What is this, Year 5 or 6 for me using Houseworks? Can't remember (though I'm sure it is in my notebook).

I'm now underway on back-to-school stuff, sports schedules and wrapping up outdoor projects for the winter. Time to break out the slow cooker and start turning my attention to the inside of the house.

I'll throw in that my reason for orginally choosing Houseworks (aside from reading Cynthia Ewer's/CEO book) was just that I already follow FlyLady's Housekeeping schedule. It keeps my house in pretty good order year-round -- though I still have my battles. When I wrote out out HGP and HHP against my existing FlyLady schedule I could fit HHP's holiday aspects into Flylady much more easily. I still go peek at what HGP is up to and if I get behind I rely on The Countdown to catch up. One way to know which plan is best for you is to scribble out a schedule for both and see which best fits your needs. They take different paths but will both get you to a wonderful Christmas. :)

jyclassy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I am doing the Holiday Houseworks plan. I tried to keep up with the other but got lost.this one works better for me and so far, so good! I also have the book if Ishould have to do any catching up. Jy