2012 Savings for Christmas, do it now.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

snowgoose

MHH Member
For the last few years I've put aside a set amount every month to pay for Christmas and it's made a huge difference, no need to worry about how to pay for everything and no big credit card bills in January - or at least I get the bill but have the money to pay it. I pay them off in full every month but the January bill is always a big one because I do most of my shopping online.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Time to tuck something away for Christmas spending!!!!

festivefun

Retire Member
Feb 25, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Oh Ahorsesoul. You are so right. My probation year as a teacher came to an end, but I was SO lucky and got a one year temp. contract, but it means my wages are shifting pay date. Meaning this month I have one wage to pay two month's bills. Argh. So hope this doesn't cause me any probs. I am determined to put a tiny bit away all the same, as my holiday pay will be different too, leaving me with less money over the hols.

I want to find a way to be a part of society like others, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who struggles with finances. Here is hoping saving is one way I can make that difference for myself :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
So glad to see you are putting away just a little. It will help.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Time to start thinking about NEXT year's Savings

Yep, if you didn't start a Christmas savings account for 2012, it is time to start one for next year. Stop in your bank and get it started today.

festivefun

Retire Member
Feb 25, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Oh there's a thought.

I think I said I have a supermarket savings card and the final date for adding to 2012 savings is the middle of October, so any money I decide to put on it after then will be 2013 savings. I won't put a lot on, but £10 off of each wage, will have me £20 up by the start of 2013 :)