2013 Words

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Great job, Snickerdoodle!

Those "To Do" Physical tests and exams can be scary but they are also life savers!!!

Great example you are!
Conquer is a great word!

Annie

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
4 years ago I had to have 2 colonoscopies done in 3 months. To this day, I can't even look at jello.

Just wanted to share.

:D :D :D :D

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks for sharing Mel......I think.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
A little late to the party this year because I wasn't sure exactly what my word should be. I thought of several great ones but they just didn't seem quite right. The other day a short phrase presented itself to me and I think it's perfect.

My phrase is Small Steps. I feel like I always get overwhelmed with all I'd like to improve in so many areas of my life. However, sometimes a small step in the right direction makes me feel so good and success breeds success.

I've already tried this in a few problem areas and it has made such a difference. Plus, lots of Small Steps add up to big progress.

So, I'm in with Small Steps!

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Hello. There are so many beautiful words listed and excellent reasons given for them. The word I had chosen for last year is intentional since I tend to get side tracked and I wanted my choices and actions and words to be something thought out, something I meant to do.

Along that line, I thought of many that fit but one really struck me when I read it. It is your word, AHorseSoul. Effectiveness. I hope it's all right with you that I adopt that for myself, too.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Kringle-i like that word. Hope you will keep us up to date on your word and how it's going.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Mo, your small steps reminds me of SN's always saying baby steps. I was just telling Annie that with my "routine" word I didn't want to bite off more than I could chew because I would get overwhelmed and ultimately feel defeated. Any progress, as in small steps, is better than none. It also reminds me of the question, "How do you eat an elephant?" The answer is one bite at a time.

Kringle, I like your thoughts on being intentional about the things you do and your tying them into Diedra's effectiveness. I often get sidetracked, too. Is it a girl thing?

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Christmaslvr I think my word 2 years ago was Me. After caring for so many, I needed that "ME" focus. Goes back to putting our own needs on the back burner, so go for it.

I just posted on the daily board that I've chosen Obedience. I couldn't get past New Horizons, but Obedience is what I need even more to get me past those changes that are going to be in my future.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Kringle, Minnie, Mo - I love all your words/phrases and I like how we share the meaning behind the words and that we trust each other enough here to share these personal goals in our lives. Great work everyone!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
After losing 3 loved ones to cancer these past 2 years, my word (and New Year's resolution that is well underway) is:

Organic.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
After losing 3 loved ones to cancer these past 2 years, my word (and New Year's resolution that is well underway) is:

Organic.

so sorry hear about your losses recently. Organic sounds like a fitting word.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Cindylouwho, sorry to hear about your losses.

I'm still not sure what my word for 2013 is. I had given myself a deadline to have one by the end of this month which is only a few days away. So much has happened to me in 2012, good and not so good. I'm not sure how to sum it up. I'll keep working on it.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
It's taken me a while to come up with one.

Somewhat like CindyLou, the two deaths I faced this year were somewhat life changing for me.

But, life goes on with or without good friends by your side.

So my word is "Continue"

I also hope to continue the physical decluttering of my home.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Great choice, Debbie. I think all of us struggle with continuance....in many areas of our lives. How many of us have quit because we gave up, got tired, got distracted, got discouraged?

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Debbie-great word continue on with something that is working or some days cont putting one foot in front of the other.

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I finally decided on Organize for 2013. I have alot of areas in my world that need work. Our time is only going to get busier as we have two teens in high school! I need to work on every area of my life as my goal is to have it together by the time I turn 50 in 2014!
Going to try to post more of my progress this year, wish me luck!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I finally decided on Organize for 2013. I have alot of areas in my world that need work. Our time is only going to get busier as we have two teens in high school! I need to work on every area of my life as my goal is to have it together by the time I turn 50 in 2014!
Going to try to post more of my progress this year, wish me luck!

I am doing Organize as well so we can help each other in this! Please keep us posted with your progress

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
How are we all going with our words. My word is basics and I need to get back to basics as life for me at the moment is just a little out of control. Need to take a deep breath and get going.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
My word is Tranquil and I'm working on that. Funny it's the 1st year a word came to me and I have no problem remembering it and working on it... the other years I always forgot what my words were.