2016-What did you receive for Christmas?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I thought this would be a nice spin-off of Lucie's thread of what we wanted for Christmas. It may give ideas as to what to get others next year as well. So...what did you get for Christmas this year?

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I got:

Salt Lamp (surprised at it---I mentioned that several were talking on here about them)
perfume
money
Hobby Lobby gift card
Cracker Barrel gift card
Mom made an angel ornament out of dads hankies for us all (he has been gone 10 yrs)
Santa light bulb ornaments (mom painted a smaller one and a large one)
book with different quilting projects

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I got a really nice steam mop and vacuum cleaner. Sounds like I have a dirty house, doesn't it? lol (I had asked for both of them)
3 pair of flannel pajama pants and a sleeping shirt
glass bowl and platter I had been asking for
gift certificate for mani/pedis
an assortment of care items for my van
a set of exercise DVDs

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
From DH I received:
Nook version of Nikon D3300 Book for Dummies
New long range lens for my camera
Pioneer Woman metal measuring spoons, trivet, and masher
Monopod for my camera
Gift collection of different small sized coffees
Salt lamp (it's a basket one)
Novelty license plate
Ninja snorkeling mask
Candy, lens cleaner....

From my mom and stepdad:
Coffee cup
B&N gift card
Aromatherapy diffuser and lavendar oil
Ornament
Migraine pillow (put in the freezer and then put on your head or neck- scented)
Office supplies, candy, coffee (closest she could find to our favorite that no longer exists), lip balm, tiny jar of Nutella, travel bottle of Fireball whiskey (never had it), tea

From the kids:
Coffee cup, pin, pen from their Santa shop at school (From DD and Eli)
Beautiful note from Eli
Handmade ornament from DD
DD made up reusable popcorn containers of candy for all of us

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Sounds like great gifts!

H got me a beautiful bracelet with an I love you Mom charm on it. M got me a new watch. J got me a remote start system for the Tahoe. I also received wall calendars for home and school, perfume, two tops, the Waterford Crystal Snowflake ornament for 2016, and slippers and stocking stuffers. My parents got me two candles from Bath and Body Works, a necklace and earrings, and a nightgown. The inlaws got me a scarf and gloves.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
From the kids: 2 Pioneer Woman CookBooks and the Life and Adventures of Santa Claus on DVD

From DH: Pioneer woman Cutting Board, Pyrex storage bowls/lids, Better Homes and Garden 21 pc Kitchen set (stainless steak bowls, grater op, measuring spoons/cups), First Wives Club DVD, perfume, Family Picture Frame, CDs.

From my mom: kitchen utensils and Cookie sheets

My dad and his wife: DVDs

MIL/SFIL: Temptations Bakeware set

FIL/GF: Movie GC

Last edited:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
From DH (so far - we have six nights to go) earrings and a set of bath products and stocking stuffers. From DS and D-almost-DIL I got a Christmas Lego and a beautiful red purse. From various friends 2/we got mainly food and chocolates.

I'm pleased.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
My family surprised me with a tote bag with things I will need for my first ever cruise in February!
-tote
- makeup/jewellery bag
-bathing suit cover up
-beach towel
Then filled a stocking with travel size
Lotions, shampoo,toothpaste , lip balm,luggage tag,,
Then treats, candles, ornament and a journal
I loved my very thoughtful gift,,,I was blown away!

My heartfelt gift
Canvass painting my grandkids made....
Each year my dd makes a craft with my grands so this year she painted thier feet and made snowman prints on a canvas,,,, well along came Everitt a week ago so she unwrapped the gift (. Yup had had it wrapped already) painted his feet and added it to the picture!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Mom made an angel ornament out of dads hankies for us all (he has been gone 10 yrs)
That was very nice of your Mom to make a heritage ornament for the family.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Weather-tech floor mats for the car.
Money from stepmom (she always does this since she doesn't get out to shop much)
Flash light
Closet hooks
Christmas Cheese/Butter knifes
Homemade hot pepper jelly
Hoodie
Homemade candy
Infinity scarf
Two, I say two Caribou cards (my most favorite gifts anytime)
And a closet pin snowflake ornament from DD (ever since I received one at the ornament swap she has been working on making them, it was her gifts to give this year. The LCs have been helping her all year. This summer LC20 and DD were in the front yard wearing trash bags while they spray painted them. Not sure what the neighbors thought of that sight.)

How lovely that your DD did that extra set of foot prints!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Pentatonix Christmas CD
Joann's gift card
Vegetti
Huge tin of peanut butter fudge - my favorite
Cookies & candies
Stocking stuff
Phone calls from the kids

I had to look up the salt lamp - I had never heard of it. Looks nice - I need a couple or 4 or 5!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I was very spoilt! We do go totally overboard here at Christmas- I fill my own Santa sack so Im always happy with what I receive!

Luke shopped by himself and was very perceptive with his choices for me: Wall calendar, fancy pens, range of different shower gels- shower gel seems to be inhaled here rather than used. I have no idea how a house with 2 people can possibly go through SO much!

My Santa sack included: fancy calligraphy pen, gold bangle, gold anklet, shower gel (yes more!) tops, shorts, beach bag, makeup brushes, hair clips, hair treatment, notebooks, planner, coffee cup, novels- plus a whole lot more that I cant remember right now.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I got a lot of beautiful things.
From DH and the kids, a sapphire and diamond bracelet, from DB a pandora charm (sister) from my mum a quilt cover, new pj's and a pandora charm.
From DS a new lunch box and drink bottle and from DD a pair of silver hoop earrings.
I got 2 santa sacks, 1 here and one at my mums full of all the little things that go into stockings.
Really blessed.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I got a lot of very wonderful gifts, but all have been eclipsed by a handmade gift that K gave me.

This beginner knitter spent 2.5 months making me a blanket. It is gorgeous and my favorite color - cranberry.

I cried when I opened it and will cherish it forever.

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mel, how wonderful. Good job K. That is the true meaning of Christmas

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
I was so surprised by one of DH's gifts, a 4 piece place setting of Spode Christmas Tree china, which I have wanted for like 30 years and never told anyone. I would never buy it for myself. He only found that out like a week ago when I casually mentioned how much I loved it when we were out shopping at the mall and passed a display of it. It is so beautiful.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Robin - what a wonderful surprise from your DH!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Mel and Robin- What amazing gifts you both received! It really means so much to receive something that someone handmade themselves or really paid attention when you said something in passing that you truly wanted for so long.