2016 Words.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
I am like you Mel-I haven't found my word yet-although "sleep" keeps running through my mind-LOL...really like everyone's so far

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Connie....sleep. Always I good word. There are times when I can never get enough.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
After thinking about it for a while I have decided that my word for 2016 will be STRIVE. I have used this word before and for some reason it has really struck me again....so it will be Strive.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Lisa & Katrina - you have both chosen great words. Good job!!

Still on the fence, but I am close to choosing mine.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mel, no rush, I think our word needs to be right for us so if it takes a bit longer to decide, so be it.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I made a list of words as I would come across them that I thought might be the one I want to use, but I left them at school. I'll take a look when I get back to work. This year starts the first calendar year that DD18 will be at school all year, except for summer.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
I am like you Mel-I haven't found my word yet-although "sleep" keeps running through my mind-LOL...really like everyone's so far

OMG, that has been my obsession these past few weeks, trying to get a good night's sleep, lol.

Great words everyone has picked out.

I think Change is what my life is going through this year, in more ways than one, lol.

I'm gonna just accept that and hopefully make the changes beneficial! We have had to change the way we eat, exercise, work, spend money, etc. already, so I can view that as positive Change!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
This has been the first year that I have had so much difficulty choosing my word. I came up with several, but none of them felt right.

I have finally chosen SIMPLICITY.

The explanation as to why is on my blog.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I think its a great word!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mel, great word.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
I finally found a word that speaks to me-RE-DEFINE-and thanks Mel! it was actually on your blog-where you said you had to re-define what Christmas was because your children are out of the house-my DD will be a senior in 2016, DH is researching retirement, I got a small promotion at work, and it all seems to be forcing me to re-think who I am going to be in the near future...Re-define makes me feel like I get to control that-so there it is!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Connie, great word and great definition. Good luck with your word for this year.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
After some thought and consideration, I believe I have settled on NURTURE...the process of caring for and encouraging the growth or development of someone or something. Nurture is the opposite of neglect.

As I said earlier, this will be the first calendar year that DD18 is at college. DD23 married in August of 2015 and it will be the first calendar year that she is no longer dependent on us partially financially. It has been surprising to me how one less person at home has lightened the amount of time and energy spent on housework.

DH and I can go and do without feeling like we need to get home because we have one of our children there "waiting" for us. Already, I have enjoyed going and doing some things with him that I wouldn't have since DD18 has been away at college.

First, I want to nurture myself...really thinking about the things I need to do to take care of myself spiritually and physically.

Second, I want to nurture our relationship, spending more time with DH because I realize I won't have him forever or perhaps him, me. He really is good to me, even though at times, he aggravates the tarnation out of me (whose dH doesn't at time?). He has the best of intentions and works hard. He's been a great dad to our children, loving my DS from my first marriage as if he's one of his own. He's a great man of God trying to lead others into a relationship with Christ as often as he can. I'm very thankful for him.

Next, I want to work on our finances. I start off well, but lose steam somewhere along the way giving into things that are unneeded and insignificant rather than thinking about how we can use that money later or for other things we could enjoy more.

Finally, I want to nurture some friendships I've allowed to go by the wayside as I focused more on our family as they were growing up. We all need friends as we grow older. Our children move away, have families of their own that need their attention, not that they love us less, but that should be their priority. Our spouses die, and there we are left alone without relationships to keep us from being lonely and isolated...so unhealthy.

Those are my thoughts for now...we'll see how this thing goes for 2016!

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Jane-I love your post and your word for the new year. So wise and very true!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Connie,

That is a great word for you. So glad I could help. :D

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Jane,

Great word. I am really happy to see that you plan to NURTURE yourself as well. You always seem to be doing so much for others, it is important to do for yourself as well.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Like some of you I didn't have a word for 2015. Not sure what my word for 2016 is to be. I really need to think about this.

Great words for those of you who have them. Definitely given me a lot to think about.