2017 Christmas Card Exchange

Discussion in 'Swap Rules, Swap Proposals, Current Swaps' started by PamelaG, Jul 25, 2017.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

There are a couple of posts about this year's exchange so I thought I'd start a new thread. Jess, you were the hostess last year, I believe? Are you heading it up again this year or is that just one more thing to add to what I'm sure is a very long list of things to do? Let us know and if we need a new hostess, there's lots of time to get someone on board.

2. DebbiGall

DebbiGall Santa's Elves

I'm in, hope we get a lot of people this year I love the card exchange.

3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure if Shannon was going to take it back this year or not. But if you have time to do it, please feel free! I'm a little overwhelmed right now with this PCS.

4. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

How does the Christmas card exchange work?

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

You sign up and then after the sign up closes you are sent a list of everyone's addresses that signed up. You send a Christmas Card to everyone on the list.

6. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Thank you.

7. winters momma

winters momma Member

I know I haven't posted much this year. But I do pop in now and then. Its just been a busy year. I love the Christmas card exchange and look forward to it each year.

8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I love the card swap. I'm thinking DD might want to join too. Could two cards be mail in the same envelop to save postal rates?

9. p.a.

p.a. Member

Deidre here in Canada it depends on the weight,,,

10. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

It does here too. And now that I think about it Christmas cards are very heavy.

11. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

I'm hoping to participate this year. I took a break last year.

12. p.a.

p.a. Member

That's what I was thinking,,,,could you get her to make some from regular paper,,it's not so heavy,,maybe a project she could work on with her LC?

13. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Love the cards! They make my mantle look so festive!

Just tell me where to send my info!

14. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Diedra, one could do a card and one a postcard in same envelope. Maybe postcard wouldn't be has heavy as a card. Have seen Christmas postcards.

15. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

Always makes me excited!!

16. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Thanks for the ideas. I was really thinking of the cost of others sending both DD and I cards if we both join. She does enjoy getting the cards. Maybe closer to Swap time she will not be interested.

17. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

I have been thinking about the exchange this year and to be honest, I am afraid to join. WHF doesn't know the name of this site (as far as I know), but I worry all the time that he will figure it out and find me here.

When K and I eventually move away, no one is going to know where we went. I am not even telling my lawyer or family members. I know that no one would ever reveal our location, but he is so evil and manipulative that he will say or do anything it takes to find us.

I will have to think about this some more.

18. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

Mel,

Im not sure how your post works there but here we can have mail sent to General Post Office (insert Local area). Mail is held there until it is collected. Maybe an option for you?

19. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Tanya,

Even though it will be expensive, I am thinking that I will do mail forwarding for a year. This will allow me to continue using my current address and everything that gets sent to it will be forwarded to my new address.

It will be worth the money just to be able to sign up for the card exchange! :):)

20. p.a.

p.a. Member

Deidre it would be like Vanessa signed up for the exchange IMO....I would be happy to send a card just for her :)

Mel you can rent boxes at the post office to,,,I've done the mail forwarding when I moved back to Ontario,,some mail got here late and I'm sure some never made it at all.