2017 Words

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I am going to go with Focus... I need to focus more on what I am doing and what I need to do. I think if I stay more focused then maybe things will be more organized and day to day tasks will be come more simpler which will give me more time to focus on my family.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Not positive but I am thinking Courage! I am needing the courage to step out and purchase some more land and possibly a house. Not positive about it yet. But courage is needed to do that on my own, courage to find a church home(this has been so hard since DH has died), courage to decide on whether to retire early or keep working. Courage to leave this house with all my memories and live close to kids but not right across the pasture.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Love it Debbie and Minta!

I have narrowed it down to 4 choices and will decide on one before the end of the week. My choices are:

Nurture: myself, my family, my health and my home
Balance: health, lifestyle, time
Simplicity: simplify life, eat simply, exercise simply, simplify home by decluttering and getting rid of negativity in other places
Release: bad habits, the need to be right, be perfect, in control, do everything...

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lisa, it is a real sign when your word keeps popping up. I think Believe is a great word.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I love RENEW!! Great choice and I have to say I've been feeling the same about everything you wrote...it's time.

Nancy, it is time. If RENEW is speaking to you I would be honoured to share the word with you. We can RENEW together.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Lisa, I love the word Believe. I remember when I chose the word Believe. I was seeing it everywhere, and still do. Love the word.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
The more I think about it I like CELEBRATE!

DS is getting married this year for one and there are so many positive things in life to celebrate that I/we should do it.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I know I did not do anything with this last year. I have lots to work on need to decide what I want to narrow it down to.
I see I have missed a lot not being on here last year.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Lisa, that's how I chose "nurture" last year. I was seeing it everywhere.

Jessica, hope I don't overstep my bounds here...I see traits in you that my sister has. Affirmation is important to her and she often over extends and over volunteers herself for everything because that's how she receives that affirmation. She always has to be the best at everything and is disappointed when things don't go just how she wants. She won't listen to advice because she thinks she already has everything figured out. (don't know if you're that way or not) I don't know if it's your mom or yourself who came to the analysis of things you need to release, but I hope you can choose a word that lets you see that you're a wonderful person who doesn't need the affirmation of others that comes from perfection, being in control, being the person who is always there for everything, or being the best at everything. It's okay to make mistakes and not be the person who does everything. Believe me, I've been down that same road. I realized that if I didn't step up to do stuff, someone else did. Maybe they didn't do things as I would, but things got done. I just see you running, running, running every day, not taking care of yourself as you should. Eventually, it's going to take a toll on you physically. You're young, so you're resilient. As you age, you'll become less resilient and the effects of not taking better care of yourself will begin to show. I know all that from experience, too. I just hate to see you wake up one day and wonder where life went because you were too busy to slow down and enjoy it.

Reactions: teachermomof2

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Lisa, that's how I chose "nurture" last year. I was seeing it everywhere.

Jessica, hope I don't overstep my bounds here...I see traits in you that my sister has. Affirmation is important to her and she often over extends and over volunteers herself for everything because that's how she receives that affirmation. She always has to be the best at everything and is disappointed when things don't go just how she wants. She won't listen to advice because she thinks she already has everything figured out. (don't know if you're that way or not) I don't know if it's your mom or yourself who came to the analysis of things you need to release, but I hope you can choose a word that lets you see that you're a wonderful person who doesn't need the affirmation of others that comes from perfection, being in control, being the person who is always there for everything, or being the best at everything. It's okay to make mistakes and not be the person who does everything. Believe me, I've been down that same road. I realized that if I didn't step up to do stuff, someone else did. Maybe they didn't do things as I would, but things got done. I just see you running, running, running every day, not taking care of yourself as you should. Eventually, it's going to take a toll on you physically. You're young, so you're resilient. As you age, you'll become less resilient and the effects of not taking better care of yourself will begin to show. I know all that from experience, too. I just hate to see you wake up one day and wonder where life went because you were too busy to slow down and enjoy it.

Jane- You are absolutely spot on with everything and not overstepping. I love to volunteer and it makes me feel useful I think, gives me a purpose. I also do like the affirmation and feel like it makes me have a purpose and without it, maybe I don't. If that makes sense. My mom came to the conclusion of things I need to release, but she was absolutely right! I'm definitely leaning more heavily towards the word Release for all of these reasons and it would be the hardest word for me to choose and actually work on. Thank you!!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
My love language is Words of Affirmation....do you know your love language Jessica? I think release is a great word!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
My love language is Words of Affirmation....do you know your love language Jessica? I think release is a great word!

I did it at one point but don't remember what my love language is. I have the book, i'll have to figure it out again.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
After my meeting with my boss (and other conversations) I am leaning towards aggressive however I will find a softer synonym first it. Maybe assertive. I need to be assertive in my job, in my life ( I often don't speak up for what I want for the good of the group then am dissapointed I missed something I wanted), more aggressive in taking care of my health, aggressive in taking care of financial obligations and paying for another Disney trip ... aggressive is not always bad .

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Minimize, is rolling around my head. I need to lessen my possessions, that alone will take the entire year. I need to minimize my reactions to situations that are upsetting me. I have been using a term a friend taught me when situations are out of my control --"Oh Well" works great, it really releases the emotions to a different perspective. To much time can be spent on needless care and concern.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Shannon - I think "Assertive" is a much softer word, but still conveys the same message as "Aggressive".

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Shannon....how about energetic or dynamic for aggressive? I tend to be aggressive....and assertive. I think people thing I need to be less so. I also think that passionate lends itself to aggressive and assertive in a positive light.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I need to find a word that makes me try more, put myself outthere more, get out of my comfort zone. any ideas?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Lucie - my first thought was "Confidence", my second thought was "Assertive".