2017 Words

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, what about determination or confidence.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
My 2017 WORD is clarify - simplify, make easy, intelligible

I would like to have clarity in my faith, in my marriage, in my health, and in helping my son. I would like to de-clutter and make easy in all these areas and cut to the chase and be clear. After living for four months away back with my dad and step mom while my DS13 attended an outpatient intensive OCD therapy, I learned to live with few things and just do the basics and ... it was quite freeing!! Oh yes, it was hard work helping my DS, but when all I had was him to focus on and not all the clutter in my house and all those little things that end up being time wasters ... stuff can really be focused on!

So for me, clarify what it is to simply keep my eyes on Jesus, to be a caring wife, to eat to live and not live to eat, and to clarify what helping my son fight OCD looks like ... not reassuring, second guessing myself, and enabling, but be strong in letting him feel the anxiety, work through it, make better neuro-pathways and problem solve himself. These are the things he learned at therapy. They boiled it down to the basics as well ... they clarified what it is to fight OCD/Anxiety and what it’s not. He worked hard to get us back home and is in a better place than when we left to go there. Amen!

So, onward to clarify and 2017.

Reactions: teachermomof2

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Jampss, sounds like you've had quite the journey in the last several months. Praying you have success in 2017 with clarify.

Reactions: jampss

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I've enjoyed reading the words you have picked and your reasons. Thank you for sharing.

I've been thinking about this for quite awhile. The word that seems to keep coming up is "Break." I want to break open the parts of me that I've closed off. I want to break through my fears. I want to break the bad habits I have. I want to break my quest for perfectionism.

This past summer I had an opportunity to face a fear and I not only faced it, but I broke through that barrier that kept me from living life. The freedom that I felt was incredible. So while the word "break" sounds terrible, in my case, it sounds hopeful and beautiful.

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Holiday Mom, what a great explanation of your word, wishing you the very best of luck with 2017
Jampss, what a year you have had. Hope that 2017 is a great year for you.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Mary, what a way to use the word break! It just show how innovative we can be to use what we need to improve each year. Hope you have great success with it.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
2017 word is going to be Consistency.
I am hoping to have this on the fore front of my year in sooo many ways.
Diet and Exercise- Be Consistent
Financial Planning - Be Consistent
Spiritual Growth - Be Consistent
Household Chores - Be Consistent
The list could be endless. This word seems to fit my goals this year!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Great word Kelly. Wishing you a great 2017

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I really love that some of you are taking words that would otherwise be used in a negative way and turning them into something positive for yourselves. Way to think out of the box!

I have officially decided that my Word for 2017 will most definitely be Release. There are several things that I need to work on releasing from my life and myself internally, not only ways of living/being, but material items to prepare for our move and feelings that i've held onto that need to go. This is the hardest word I could have chosen and the one that will take the most work from me this year. I intend to embrace it and will see where it takes me.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mrs. Soup - when I read your comment about "Release" I thought of a butterfly. :) I think I understand what you mean about it being the hardest word you could have chosen.

I'm wondering, do any of you feel fearful when picking your word, or when the word picks you? By fearful, I mean that change will happen but maybe not the way you thought? It's happen to me before. I think one way and life totally treats me a different way. It's only in hindsight that I see the blessing of the mess, so to speak.

Last week, in 2016, I was so teary-eyed thinking of my word, "Break." It was as if the midnight marking of 2017 was going to "break" me and I'd fall apart immediately. Now I'm into day 2 of 2017, and I feel fine with the word. Although, I do want the change.

I wish each of you well in your New Year and new word for 2017.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Kelly, consistency is applicable to so many things and getting off track sidelines so many plans, so I think consistency is a great word!
Jessica, good for you for choosing the word that will be the most challenging for you. I know you can do it!

I had a talk with DH today about some things I would like to conquer this year. I know nurturing the things I need to is mainly my responsibility, but for some of it, he is going to have to be on board, too. Hope I can have success.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Good for you, Jessica!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
After reading all your comments and giving much thought and soul-searching, I think my word for 2017 will be "accept." I have always been driven by goals, always striving to do more and be better, always running faster and harder. It is time to slow down and enjoy the journey, accept myself as I am, and accept that I cannot do all that I have done when I was younger.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
GrammaDeb - excellent choice! :):)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
GrammaDeb, that is a really great word. Best wishes for a wonderful 2017.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
GrammaDeb, that's a great way to look at your life. Best of luck to you as you conquer your word in 2017.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I love reading everyone words and reasons. It so neat to see the jouney we are looking to take.
I was talking to Annie and she suggested Tenacious.
Tenacious-not readily relinquishing a position, principal or course of action. Determined.
I like that it's along the line of what I am thinking. It's strong, pushig forward and not giving up so Tenacious it is.