2017 Words

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am thinking of my word for the new year too. This year has been a bad one for my own mental health, I have not been happy at all. I have had some major (to me) issues to deal with. I am thinking that next year will be a fresh start. I need to think more about what I want the year to be like. I know that I want to move forward, maybe get some counseling and try to find my happiness again.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
My word for 2017 was GATHER. As in to Gather Together. Still working on it. I have just been so buried in my own personal life that I've lost touch with friends. All I do is go go go. My plan was to rekindle friendships and try to change my routines so that my flight path automatically includes more pitstops with people I want to see more often. I did "better" in the first half of the year and scheduled coffee and such with certain people but I've only been hard core focused on this word since August. There are certain friends I want back in my life. Am trying to schedule ongoing classes, clubs and fitness routines with them so that I will see them CONSISTENTLY in the future. My goal is to commit to these things by the end of the year. Problem I run into is that I am tight on time and fitness focused. Lots of my friends like to sit down over coffee or wine -- my life just doesn't allow time for that. In summer maybe, but not the rest of the year. Gotta multi-task. Yes, I need to work on this.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I had to look back to the beginning of the year to find my word. It is "accept" - accept that I'm older and cannot do all I used to do. I never dreamed what 2017 had in store for me. As I have moved in with DD's family and truly become a grandmother to the kids, I have constantly compared myself to my grandmother who lived with us as I was growing up, and tried to emulate her. DSIL has forced me to slow down, as he refuses to let me cook or clean house. I will secretly admit that I am enjoying my new role, embracing the acceptance of it.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Grammadeb, your post made me smile. What a loving way to spend your year!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
That's awesome Deb! I hope to be a grandma like you someday!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I haven't been perfect with nurturing this year, but I am satisfied with some things I've nurtured in 2017. One of the best things I've done for myself this year is start Weight Watchers to help nurture my health. The other is taking the part-time job at the bakery, even though it was more hours this week than I planned. It has improved my mental health immensely. I look forward to going to it, unlike the job I've had the last 31+ years.
So, now...to think about what my word for 2018 will be.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think I have narrowed down my word for 2018. Will think about it a bit more but the more that I think about the more I think it will work for me.