2018 October Menus

Discussion in 'Kitchen Chatter' started by Ahorsesoul, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I haven't done my weekly menu yet.
    I made Jessica's Spicy Sausage Pasta. I didn't have a can of Ro-tel so I used Taco Bell's Verde Salsa. It was wonderful. Oh I used Italian Sausage. Thank you Jessica for sharing the recipe years ago (March 2015)

https://www.kevinandamanda.com/spicy-sausage-pasta/

2. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Glad you enjoyed it!

I think we may just order pizza tonight and then I need to make my meal plan for the rest of the week and go to the Commissary.

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Monday - spaghetti with meat sauce
    Tuesday - rice-chicken casserole
    Wednesday - Hachis (potatoes, chicken, bell peppers with Brown gravy)
    Thursday - Omelette & beans
    Friday - yet to be determined
    Saturday - lunch- cabbage rolls, supper - fondue

4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Lucie, Hachis looks like a good way to use up leftover chicken.

5. luludou

Exactly Diedra. You cut potatoes in squares, cook them (not too tender), flush water, add a can of Brown gravy (esta sauce), with chopped up bell peppers and cooked chicken and heat up. Easy-peasy

6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I pulled out some frozen BBQ Beef from the freezer. I made Dh and DD with cheese, pickles and some onion. I had onions and pickled jalapeƱos. Tossed on some chips for a well balanced meal. lol

7. MrsSoup

I finally made a meal plan. Yay!

Wednesday- Hotdogs and macaroni
    Thursday- Sheet pan sausage and potatoes
    Friday- Eat at Movie Night
    Saturday- Tacos
    Sunday- Chicken and Dumplings
    Monday- Potato Soup w/grilled cheese
    Tuesday- Crockpot Lasagna

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

We had Culver's cheeseburgers last night.

9. MrsSoup

DH and I ended up going out to dinner last night at Outback. The food was good but the service was crap. I love Outback but i'm about done with the location closest to us. The past few times we've been there it has been crappy service.

10. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, MrsSoup! Nothing like paying $$$ for a meal and then having to deal with something like that!

I made lasagna this weekend - some for the freezer and some for us!

Tonight I am getting a turkey out of the chest freezer to start thawing. I need the room for cookies!!! LOL We will make it this weekend and I'll make a couple of sides to go with - I'm thinking roasted butternut squash (I have some in the freezer) and Rhodes rolls (from you guessed it - the freezer) :D

MrsSoup likes this.
  11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I've been rotten with a menu this week. Tonight I had down to make potato pancakes but Dh took a late nap. He didn't get up until after 6 so I picked up mexican take out. Cheese enchiladas and hard shell tacos for sleepyhead. I'll move the potato pancakes to Friday. Thursday I think LC22 will be here so I'll make something she wants. Yesterday I made a dish my stepson invented when he was about 15. Polish sausage, sliced potatoes, broccoli with cheese. Very good.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  12. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Mmmmm....potato pancakes.....

13. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

For this weeks menu I give out a big Thanks to Lana. She was posting on FB when I was hungry and making my menu.

Monday-Japanese Rice Bowl and Mushroom Tempura--(we call this Lick your plate dinner) Thanks to Blue Apron.
    Tuesday-BBQ Chicken Sliders (something Lana posted on FB) and I'll fix a Kale Salad.
    Wednesday-Cabbage and Noodles (Lana's FB) It has pasta, cabbage and Kielbasa.
    Thursday-will have to ask DD what she wants (probably Culver's or Mexican)
    Friday and Saturday-I'm waiting to see if LC22 is coming to see what she wants to make
    Sunday-Leftovers or Soup made from the leftovers in the refrig

I tend to adjust the ingredients on this recipe. I fry sweet potatoes, Asparagus, mushrooms and shrimp but no meat works well too.
    https://communitytable.parade.com/526340/alisonashton/japanese-rice-bowl-and-mushroom-tempura/

I haven't tried any of the four recipes but Dh picked the BBQ Chicken one. Next I want to try the Breakfast ones. Thanks Lana!
    https://www.tasty.co/compilation/sliders-4-ways

I haven't made this yet but have all the ingredients-thanks Lana for posting
    https://www.spendwithpennies.com/cabbage-noodles/#wprm-recipe-container-134514

14. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

My hubby is gone this week so I can make things for my brother and I that I wouldn't normally make.

Tonight we had creamed cauliflower soup
    Tomorrow we're having pumpkin alfredo and pasta.
    Wednesday night I think I'll do a make your own chef salad with the guest I have coming over. I do the works...bacon, eggs, cheese, beets, green onions, tomatoes and whatever else they may want to add.

15. luludou

This week:
    Monday - chicken pot pie
    Tuesday - beef roast
    Wednesday - spaghetti
    Thursday - smoked meat sandwiches
    Friday - ?

16. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I made the BBQ Chicken Sliders for dinner tonight. They were great. I'll make them again. I had Dh pick up a roasted chicken for them and now I have the bones in the Instant Pot. Will probably use the broth for Sunday's dinner.