2019 Christmas Card Exchange

Discussion in 'Swap Rules, Swap Proposals, Current Swaps' started by MrsSoup, Sep 25, 2019.

1. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I just ordered my stamps online. haha I had to pay $1.30 shipping but I would spend that much in gas just to get to the post office. I will still have to go by to get the international stamps when i'm close. I didn't want to buy a whole book when I only needed a few.

2. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Missjane, it is frustrating that there is always some sort of fee on transactions now a days.

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

First card arrived today.

4. sweetpumkinpye

I am putting International cards in the post tomorrow, hope they get there well before Christmas.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. MrsSoup

I received my first card today! All of mine are stamped, just need to seal them. How do you all seal your cards? Do you lick every single one to seal them or do you have a trick that i'm unaware of? What is the best, most efficient way to do this?

6. sweetpumkinpye

I never lick envelopes. I tuck the flap into the envelope and put a little sticker or seal on it.

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  7. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

I use a damp sponge

8. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I got my first card yesterday also but will put it into the basket and open at a later date.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. sweetpumkinpye

That is a good idea, never thought of that.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I lick alot but at times I use a wet paper towel or dip finger in small bowl and use.

11. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

My stamps haven't arrived. I'm beginning to wonder if it was a mistake to order them. :(

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. MrsSoup

Wow, I got mine a few days ago and I ordered after you did.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Great idea, but I can't stand the suspense! Had to open my first one right away.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

I got one Saturday too! I’m saving mine for right now. I put all my cards in the mail this morning. The post office lady was very nasty to me. Apparently I don’t not know how to buy cards and my choice causes their machines to jam up. She actually bent one of my cards and messed up the envelope of another. She went off on a rant about cards and warned me my cards might not make it! So if for some reason you don’t receive a card from me or it is trashed please let me know. I will gladly resend. What a grinch! I should have gone to the post office in the next town but it’s about 10 miles from this one and I just wanted to go home. I’m trying not to let this bug me but I’m still aggravated.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. sweetpumkinpye

MM, what a horrible experience. BAH Humbug to the postal worker.

My cards were put in the mail yesterday so hopefully will get there in a month or so.

PamelaG likes this.
  16. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

That's awful. If your cards didn't meet the postal regulations, she should have given you the reason and an opportunity to correct it. I know they have rules about size and thickness but not meeting them is no excuse for rudeness. If the postal service lady accepted your card and you paid the postage, there is no reason why your cards would not arrive. I would have complained to the Postmaster.

17. MrsSoup

How terrible! I would report her, there is no need for that. She was probably loading them into the machine wrong or something. It is absolutely NOT your fault one bit, 100% hers. All cards are designed to be mailed, period. Boo hiss to her.

18. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

yeah, ultimately you pay, they ship..and that's it! and I did get your card today Pam!

You know I had a grumpy post office. I hated going because they were all so rude..Like it radiated from their pores that they disliked their work. Finally, after all these years they are ALL gone and the new people are nice. The last time I went, she was so sweet to me..and I literally wanted to fall over from not know how to react. I'm just one of those people that thinks if you don't like your job..MOVE ON!!!

Sorry Pam, I literally am angry for your because I've been there..and it's still raw!!

19. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Working on my cards some more tomorrow after I get home from my volunteering at school. Going slower that I anticipated. Calls from friends for help with things they were doing plus not feeling topnotch put me a little behind. Should have them in the mail soon. I may ask to have mine hand stamp at the small post office near me. Hope that doesn't cause a problem. I'll let you know.

20. MrsSoup

All my cards will be in the mail tomorrow! I sealed them all this afternoon while waiting for a woman to pick up a chair I sold. haha Gave me the perfect opportunity to sit at my desk that looks out the front window and get this task done!