2019 Christmas In July Ornament????

Discussion in 'Swap Rules, Swap Proposals, Current Swaps' started by Lana, Jan 1, 2019.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Only 7 more days!

2. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

7 and counting!!!!

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I just opened my swap items!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty Pretty!!! Can't wait to put onto my tree!

Thank you!

PamelaG and MrsSoup like this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Please post here when everyone has opened because I have questions!! hahahaha

PamelaG likes this.
  5. PamelaG

Opened - so beautiful! Thank you everyone.

6. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I have opened and am so appreciative of all the beautiful talent. Thank you.

PamelaG likes this.
  7. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Michelle was to open today also I believe.

8. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday..It was a busy day and I felt really bad last night, so I literally forgot. FORGOT...what is wrong with me!? LOL I just opened my ornaments and wanted to say thank you. Now everyone post away!!!!! I'll start by saying...my daughter volunteered to make my ornaments this year, so as beautiful as they are, I give her credit. She wanted to try some new embroidery techniques and is learning to design patterns of her own, so she offered and I accepted. Everyone did a great job as usual..and I love the red truck!! How creative. I told Lana I might try a fabric option myself next year since I"m sewing more and more,but we'll see. I'm also always trying to use supplies up I have on hand, so it's always different by the time I sit down to make them. Thanks again Lana for hosting..YOU ROCK!!!

PamelaG likes this.
  9. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

EVERYBODY has now reported they have opened their items so post pictures etc.... I still don't have it down on how to post pictures on this new computer so....

10. PamelaG

I thought I could post a photo but the file is too large - will have to figure out how to make it smaller.

11. MrsSoup

I want to know how you made the woven fabric ornaments Pamela! And Deb, how did you fold the paper like that around the ornament? I loved them all so much! The truck was precious and the hand stitched embroidery was beautiful. Lana- Loved your sewn ornament and the plastic bonus ornament, so creative!

I have posted a photo here before, you have to make them very small. I will try to get them small and post photos!

PamelaG likes this.
  12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

or post a picture on your blogs

13. MrsSoup

14. MrsSoup

I just don't have a picture of mine.

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

How absolutely beautiful. Such clever people among us.

16. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Jess, THANKS for posting! Now to get a picture of yours up!

I am thinking when I do more of the snowman that I will use the fine irrd. glitter and then put the paint in. Think it will dress them up some more.

17. PamelaG

They are called Scandinavian Stars and I learned how to make them when I went to Minnesota with four of my MOPS friends from Florida for our Sisterchicks Reunion. The directions are here - https://craftingarainbow.com/2015/12/06/scandinavian-fabric-stars/ - there are You Tube videos as well if you prefer a tutorial. We made stacks of them; everyone took home a couple but the bulk of them we left for the owner of the cabin we were staying at. It was just before July 4th so we made a stack of red, white, and blue ones and strung them into a banner.

MrsSoup likes this.
  18. PamelaG

Michelle, what is the stitch that was used to make the rose? It's just gorgeous.

19. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Everything was just gorgeous!

20. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Pam, thank you for the site.

PamelaG likes this.