2019 Holiday Grand Plan Begins...

Discussion in 'Holiday Grand Plan' started by Miss JoDee, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

My linen closet also hold sheets medicines and toiletries. Everything is containerized in baskets with tags on them. I have more sheets than I need and plan to resolve that when I redo that closet tomorrow. I know that I have excess in the toiletry supplies but will keep them and not stock up this year.

I am very disappointed about my towels. I purchase new ones in gray and white plus I have dark teal. They all look like they have bleach stains. I don't use bleach. I am not seeing this in any of our clothing. The only thing I can guess is that too much detergent was used or I had some with a non-chlorine, like oxy-clean. I don't know why but they dry the hair and the body. Can't afford to replace them yet.

AuntJamelle and Minta like this.
  2. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

My linen cupboard also has a shelf that I use as our food stockpile. The laundry is straight off the kitchen so is handy for the extra storage.

AuntJamelle and Minta like this.
  3. Lolwlias

Lolwlias Active Member

Good morning. I feel as if it's been forever since I've been here.
    I am looking forward to the start of this. After my husband died I really let everything go. I've finally gotten to a point where I'm better & am ready to tackle it all.
    There is one garbage bag (contractor size/strength) out front waiting to be picked up today. My daughter is helping me. We are getting the house & his garage in tip top shape, one area at a time. Each week we will fill up another bag & put stuff out by the road with a "free" sign.
    I can't promise to be more active here, but I will try.
    Have a great day.

4. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

((hugs)) Lolwlias!!!! I can only imagine how difficult things have been :( Anything you accomplish is SOMETHING - look forward to seeing your posts - HGP venting is totally allowed too!!! :)

5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Happy to see you back, Laura. I took a long absence last year and was so glad to come back and chat with everyone again. Really lifted my spirits and got me back into action, in so many ways.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Welcome back Laura. ((hugs)) to you and your family. Come by as much as you want. :)

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

Looking back on the sheet and towel conversation. I seem to be a minimalist in this area. I have 2 sets of towels for each family member and 2 sets I keep extra for guest. Each set consist of a large towel and a bath "sheet" and then I just keep a stack of wash clothes and hand towels to use as needed. For our bed I have 2 sets of sheets. One regular and one fleece. I have one small linen closet in my house and simply don't have room for extras, so I wash and remake my bed in the same day. When they wear out, I buy a new set. I've done it this way for about 15 years now and it works fine for us.

Holiday_Mom and Ahorsesoul like this.
  8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I'm with you MinniCo on the towels and sheets. I do have 5 extra old towels I keep for the dogs. I've been thinking I might buy up some beach towels when they go on sale for our bath towels since we all like extra big towels.

9. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

My linen closet in the new house is quite small too so I'll be restructuring the way it is organized during the Holiday Grand Plan.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I am sure that in days gone by they did not have as many sheets sets are we do now and they seemed to survive.

Ahorsesoul and Holiday_Mom like this.
  11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I read somewhere to store extra sheet sets under the mattress.