2019 Wrapping party dates.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Happy August Rudy day to you all. 4 months until Christmas morning, how exciting!!!!
Here are the wrapping party dates for 2019. I have tried to find a mix of week days and weekends.

If you find yourself with nothing to wrap, use the days as prep days, buy a gift, work on a craft, write Christmas cards or just to sit and do something that reminds you of Christmas. The idea is that we will not be wrapping Christmas Eve and will be able to sit, relax and enjoy our hard work.

Wednesday 25th September...... 3 months to go!

Saturday 12th October...getting closer,

Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd November, Christmas is now next month!!!!

Monday 25th November, 1 month to go, I am getting excited.

Wednesday 4th December, not long now.

Sunday 15th December, 10 days to go, are you ready?

Wednesday 18th December, 1 week till Christmas!! Hopefully you will all be finished wrapping and can enjoy the lead up.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Thanks for posting this Katrina!!

I am going to write the dates down in my planner!!

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I don't do a lot of wrapping - with just the three of us, and a LOT of decorative boxes that I just pop things into, there isn't really a need but I LOVE your suggestion to write Christmas cards! I have a very long list, I think I've going to give one more chance to people I haven't heard from in a while and if I still don't hear this year, the list will be getting shorter. Love sending cards and having a set of dates to break the task of addressing envelopes into manageable groups will be great.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think I've going to give one more chance to people I haven't heard from in a while and if I still don't hear this year, the list will be getting shorter.
I used to have a large list 60or so cards to send. Former co workers, distant relatives etc. Never got back as many as I sent. I actually send more to the MHH exchange than I do domestically. Now I send the bare minimum to my absolute nearest and dearest.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Put all the dates into my phones calendar. Thank you.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thank you for the dates! We REALLY need to follow this, so we aren't wrapping at the last minute. I do have several things to wrap already.
Lana, good that you already have a few things to wrap.
I will not wrap until later but will use the first few dates as Christmas prep. I need to write my cards early this year so will do those on one of the wrapping dates.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Thanks, Katrina! I love knowing that my fellow MMH friends are also wrapping on those days with me.:)

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Will also put the dates I’m my calendar. I like to wrap at the beginning of December but will use the others except the October one for extra time to do Christmas prep.

October 12th if we don’t go away will be Thanksgiving prep. The 14th is Thanksgiving here in Canada.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Today is the first wrapping party day for the year.
I had nothing that I was ready to wrap BUT I turned on some music and I made some lists.
In the afternoon to celebrate Rudy Day I watched a recorded show and drank hot chocolate. A perfect day.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Someone suggested to use the wrapping parties to work on Christmas cards so I put what I thought were the final touches on our Christmas card only to decide that I wanted a more updated photo of Sophia so the project is on hold. I did find out that I can upload my address spreadsheet and they will address the envelopes for no extra charge - love it! I guess a card in an envelope is a form of wrapped item? ;)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I didn't get to the wrapping yesterday but I did today. I was happy with what got done. :)

Reactions: Miss JoDee

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Wrapped for Christmas. (pillowcases with pillow protector.) Need to wrap big bed pillows, any idea how I can wrap them? I have 11 so not sure I could find that many boxes.

Attachments

• IMG_1411.JPG
    IMG_1411.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 3

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Need to wrap big bed pillows, any idea how I can wrap them? I have 11 so not sure I could find that many boxes.

This isn't pretty looking but would the bed pillows fit inside a large black trash bag? You could use wide Christmas ribbon to secure the bag shut.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
This isn't pretty looking but would the bed pillows fit inside a large black trash bag? You could use wide Christmas ribbon to secure the bag shut.
I was thinking of maybe a white garbage bag and decorating it like a snow person. They are getting gift cards to a bookstore and I could use black envelopes for their card making it a brim to a black foam sheet creating a hat. Neck scarf could be the ribbon or fabric scrap used to tie the bag shut. What do you think?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I was thinking of maybe a white garbage bag and decorating it like a snow person. They are getting gift cards to a bookstore and I could use black envelopes for their card making it a brim to a black foam sheet creating a hat. Neck scarf could be the ribbon or fabric scrap used to tie the bag shut. What do you think?

That sounds so cute! Do you think the white bag is thick enough that you wouldn't see the gift inside?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I wrapped up the family gifts that I couldn't get to last week. That makes me :).

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, a great start to the wrapping, well done.
The pillow will be a challenge to wrap but I love the idea of making them look like snowmen. I think what you have described will work perfectly.
If you were to use black garbage bags could they all be a "lump of coal"?

Reactions: Holiday_Mom