A Lovely Sunday, July 8th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pam Spaur, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Just got out of the shower and need to get ready for church. It is going to be a lovely day. Yesterday was perfect weather wise. Today will be almost as good, but warmer and a little humidity.

I feel that MJ is beginning to falter. Guess that can be expected when a girl is 89. I am sure that the weather has been hard on her. But she is so forgetful. I don't mind doing for her. She is a blessing to me in so many ways. I try to be patient with her, but at times my patience runs thin. She forgets that I am no spring chicken.

Gotta go get ready for church! Have a lovely Sunday!

2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

LC22 is here this weekend so Dh and I will make our Friday shopping trip that he ditched. lol

Yesterday I went to the farmer's market. Did not buy any veggies but came home with four plants. 3 red bee balm and a Plum Hibiscus. The bee balm will go into the heart garden and the Plum one will replace the one that has died by the front porch. We'll plant those after shopping.

Do something to prep for the coming weekdays.

3. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Really nice weather here. I should be sitting outside;)

Yesterday was a nice day visiting with old friends. They have a very large family that we have known for years. And now we notice that there are lots of "under 5's" running around. Wonderful but it makes me realize how old I really am.

Talked with DS and DDIL a bit about our trip next year - Hawaii for all of us and on to Australia for DH and me. Yes Katrina and Tanya - we are coming at you!

Laundry today, caravan work and general straightening up.

Jess - happy birthday to DD
    Pam - MJ is fortunate to have you for a friends=
    Diedra - enjoy your shopping trip
    Katrina - hope things warm up

PamelaG likes this.
  4. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Debbie, so excited!!!! Let me know closer what plans you have and I will see what we can offer down here..

The weekend was great, got everything ticked off my to do list. Cleaned and organized both freezers yesterday with DH help. It was good to take stock and see what we actually have on hand. We could live off the freezers for a month!

Work for me today, stocktake needs to start at work too and as one of the physios is on holidays today will be a good day to do it.
    It is not complicated just bitsy as there are products everywhere.

Will chat when I get home,
    Much love.

5. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Halimer that sounds like a great vacation!

DH and I went back to the same part today. We found a trail (not the right one again) took that one and finally found the right trail. Goodness. It was a about 2.5 miles again today. The main trail is 1.8 mi Holly chased some ducks into the pond and she follow suit. My goodness!
    I am tired and sore from moving the boys yesterday but still got my Walmart order and my hair cut.
    No plans for the evening. Reat well ladies.

6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

Dh and I went shopping. We loaded down my car with items from Gordman's, Bed Bath & Beyond and then Sam's Club. Dh picked up underwear and a pair of black shorts at Gordman's. On the way out we noticed they still had the lawn rocking chair that DD liked the last time we were there. So back in we went to get that. At BBB Dh looks at everything so he found a display set of pots and pans that he thought I should have so that was first in the cart, then two curved shower rods and I found a skillet that I wanted. Then on to Sam's. Just the normal things there, shrimp, paper plates, napkins and BreathRight strips.

We wanted to plant the flowers I had picked up yesterday but it was in the 90s so way to hot for me to play in the garden.

LC22 left at 4pm. We had Subs for dinner. DD decided to take a shower without having the shower curtain in the tub so the bathroom was flooded again. So she lost the shower. She will have to take baths now. I can't even count the number of times she has done this. We have even trimmed the bottom edge of the dry wall because it was wet so many times. And we have a water alarm on the floor but it went around it. lol

Dh is saying he wants to go plant. Updated; Planted the four plants and watered. The ground is dry. We've had over 2 inches of rain in the last week but deep down it's dry. Dh has the sprinklers going now.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  7. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I worked for 4 hours on Gospel Fest and still have a long list of things to do. It is all stuff that takes time. Letter writing and confirming. Shopping, making signs, follow up on vendor applications, edit and compile bios that are way to long. Order food, the list goes on and on.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We've been going all day since this morning for DD's birthday. I got up early and started preparing by clearing off the island, making a banner, frosting the cake and starting the prep on the breakfast casserole. I heard DD get up to use the bathroom so I texted our friends that she was up and we would be starting soon so they could start getting up and around as we would be going to their house after DD finished up her scavenger hunt here. A clue would take her to their house and then another clue would bring her back here for her final present. Then we ate breakfast here and had cake and ice cream. DH and friend's husband went to pick up the vehicle we purchased for DS and then DH went to work at the motorcycle course. The rest of us went down to friends house and then us girls went to Target to find DD a swimming suit.

I came home with a new rug for the living room and a runner for the little stretch of hallway to the stairs and a few other items. My friend had to take me to pick up our truck because we left it at the college last night. Then we went back to their house and had a very late lunch/early dinner before heading to Haleiwa for shave ice. DH met us there. We came home and all the kids are staying here tonight except the baby. Tomorrow my friend and I are going walking early in the morning because we both decided that we've been making excuses for too long and have to do something so we'll start by walking each morning.

I think DD had a good birthday. She got a fish and new phone and some clothes. She was happy.

Pam- Please remember to take care of yourself as well!
    Diedra- I love plants. I need to get more, I finally got two small plants for inside the house but need to dig out my pots so I can repot them.
    Debbie- Will you be coming to Oahu or another island?
    Katrina- Great job getting your list tackled!
    Shannon- Sounds like a good day!
    Hi Jody!

Goodnight friends!