A REALLY manic Monday, 12-2-19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pam Spaur, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Morning, Peeps!

2. Pam Spaur

It is 7 a.m. And I know that is going to be crazy! I thought I had best get online early, because with it being Cyber Monday, it might be tough to get online.

When I get paid tomorrow, I hope to get the rest of the shopping done...mostly gift cards. I just want to get it all done. Then I will put the tree up and wrap gifts, but not all in one day. I would be laid up for quite a bit, if I did! Bills to pay. Yippee skippy!

Bible study this a.m. That will be the last one for the year. Tomorrow is quilting and we will go out to eat. Wednesday maybe laundry or do it Thursday. One day, I need to go to MJ's to get my Christmas decs. IF her grandson is home. He will bring them up from her basement and put them in my car, come home with me and put them in my apartment. I can take it from there. I can see what to keep and what to donate. I have more than I need. I might pass some along to Stephen for the boy. That's Brysen. Sure have been missing that little stinker! Het, Lucie! You have some competition!

It is so dark out. Makes me want to stay in bed. Lol. But I will get up...eventually. Have a wonderful day! Stay safe and be blessed. Remember the Reason for the season.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning. been cleaning washing clothes . have dogs to take out then pick up my grandson at the bus stop. really chilly out today. have agood day everyone . enjoy each day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Pam- Sounds like you have a busy week ahead, better rest up today in preparation. :)
    Hi Faye!

I was okay most of the day yesterday and then my migraine came back out of nowhere. It came on suddenly and then got worse quickly. I took a hot bath and then came downstairs and finished watching The Giver with DH and DD. We went up to bed and I took a migraine pill. DH rubbed my head and then I went to sleep. I think he gets irritated with all my headaches but it's not like I can help it. I sure don't enjoy them. My face was also twitching between my eyes, kind of my forehead and the bridge of my nose. Weird. I took a photo yesterday of all the hair that comes out of my head in the shower to show the doctor when/if I go back anytime soon.

This morning I go to work at Target for training. I tried my shirts on last night, they are a tiny bit snug (I think i've finally gained about 5 pounds) but I can stretch them a little bit. They are fine the way they are but I would prefer them to be a tad bit looser. I'm afraid i'll freeze though so may have to buy a sweater, although my long-sleeved plaid shirt will work as well as a work shirt so I will see how today is and then maybe wear it tomorrow.

I need to spend a lot of my free time studying math this week because my praxis is on Thursday morning. I have to pass. I need to review some areas more for sure. I think one thing in my favor this time is that i'm not taking 2 other tests with it, just the math portion.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! It is an ugly day out - rain mixed with snow with low accumulations. Decided not to go into the city - postponed until Friday.

We had a power outage last night; not sure how long it was but now have to reset the clocks. We have a generator and a coal burning stove, as well as gas to cook with so we wouldn't be in too bad shape. My friend in the Georgia mountains was experiencing ice pellets.

More straightening up to do, as usual. My cards are done:) so I need to get to the post office. And pick up some meds. May bake or dip my oreos and get that out of the way.

Jess - hope that your first day of work goes well - headache free!
    Pam - busy week ahead - pace yourself!
    Faye - busy morning!

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  6. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon from snowy PA!

The snow has moved in and has been steadily falling for about an hour. We are under a winter weather advisory until 7pm. I always find it interesting when I look at the maps for snow fall and our little mountain range in PA is always covered in purple....or some other color...and the rest of the state is clear. I think they are calling for 1-3 inches.

I woke up at 5 with J, then fell back asleep for a few hours after he headed out hunting. I got up and got ready to go to the dr for my 6 month visit. All is well and I lost 5 lbs since my last visit. Need to lose about 25 more. I even caved and got a flu shot. I figured after last Christmas and the horrible flu, I may as well give it a chance. I hope it helps keep my healthier.

M and I are going to see Frozen II this afternoon. It will be our fun moment of the break since we've been pretty busy the last 4 days. We did get the tree up and decorated yesterday before H headed back to school. I ordered our photo cards using photos that we had taken throughout the year. So I can check that off my list. I did some comparison shopping on Kuerigs yesterday and ordered J a gift from amazon since it was the best deal. Today I ordered the play doh for my students from amazon....I got 24 cans for 5 bucks after using my discover rewards. Yay me! Cheaper than Walmart, even.

M has dance tonight, so I'll work on my planner then. I just printed out the December calendar and newsletter for my class, so that's done. I also made my baking shopping list, so I can do baking next week after work and on Saturday.

Pam...be sure to rest and not overdo it!
    Debbie....candlelight mass was only because of the power outage. I wish it was a regular occurrence.
    Jessica..Math Praxis terrifies me! Is it for high school math? I'm sure you'll do great.

Stay cozy my friends!
    ~peace and blessings~

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there and Happy December!

It was a busy four days but Sophia and I got all three trees decorated. I never thought I would hear myself say "Perhaps I should stop buying ornaments", let's see how long that lasts! I decorated the mantle but stopped there as the cleaning lady is coming on Thursday afternoon so I want all the surfaces to be empty for her. I'll bring everything else out when she's finished.

We did a little shopping on Friday - not a true Black Friday as we didn't get up until almost 9:00am. I was surprised to see that some of the parking lots were not as busy as I expected - the mall, another shopping area where there are a group of big stores (Old Navy, Ulta, Home Goods, Total Wine) and some smaller ones, and even Target. Maybe shoppers were out Thursday evening or early, early on Friday. We came home and decorated some more with either a Hallmark movie or some sort of Christmas baking competition on the TV. I wanted Sophia to head for home about lunchtime on Saturday as the forecast called for snow/rain mix on Sunday and I didn't want her on the road in that. She had to wait through two ferries before she got one but she was home before dark.

Yesterday was a semi-relaxing day - a little chore, a new episode of Midsomer Murders on Acorn TV, another chore, another episode and repeat. I ate more leftovers and pumpkin pie and stayed inside because it was raining. No snow at all.

Back at work today and it's steady. I have a chore list for tonight - broke up the remaining things to do before my tea on Saturday into manageable daily bites. I also have to make time for December Daily, I really want to keep on top of my album each night. I have a rough outline of the posts I want to do, and then there's Blogmas….insert head exploding emoji here!!

Have a great day and if it's snowy in your neck of the woods, be careful out there!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. Pam Spaur

Jess, could you please resend me the card list to my email? It disappeared from my page. Grrrr. I want to get them in the mail this week. Thank you so much

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    It is still cold here, I know that it will heat up eventually but wearing a jumper in December is almost unheard of.
    Will do a few things here today before heading off to DH procedure. Washing is in the machine and I will try and hang it outside, need to make beds, do dished etc. DH car will be out of the garage so will get him to put all the Christmas totes away. Need to keep on top of routine.

Jess, good luck with your first day,
    Lisa, well done on the weight loss,
    Hi Faye,
    Pam, take it easy.
    Pamela sounds like a busy weekend.
    Debbie, hope that the blackout does not last too long.

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

My first day of training was okay. The manager that had us was not the trainer we were supposed to have and she didn't know she was going to have us until we got there. She was busy and didn't know what to do with us. She put us upstairs on the computers to do some training and then forgot about us. Another person sent us downstairs after we were finished and the manager put us each on a register to shadow the person working. We did that for the rest of the time. I helped mine clean the bathroom at one point and then we went on our 15 minute break. They don't seem to worried about strict about the 15 minutes because I know we were over on time. You don't clock in or out for a break, just lunch. I bagged people's stuff because I wasn't just going to stand there the whole time. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I would like to know how to see my schedule online and request days off that I can't work due to appointments. I did see my schedule for next week and they have me working 4 p.m. to midnight on Sunday and the following Saturday. Yikes! I only work Tuesday and Friday during the week, which is fine by me. I will have 26 hours which is more than I told them I wanted. If that continues and becomes a problem for me with school and everything then i'll have to talk to them.

I'm going to work on math for a while and wait for packages to be delivered. I'm expecting a Target package and DH's exercise bike to be delivered. We have no food in this house but I just can't muster up the energy to go grocery shopping unless DH wants to go together when he gets home. I should work on a list. I did get my first paycheck today, a whole $25 from orientation a week and a half ago. haha Almost covers the makeup palette I bought this weekend. hehe

Lisa- It's for elementary math (or supposed to be) but the math sure doesn't seem like all elementary math. My license will be for elementary ed. Glad you got the tree up! Enjoy your snow!
    Pamela- I noticed that Target here was almost empty on Friday morning when they opened at 7, i'm thinking it's because they opened on Thanksgiving and everyone shopped then. I bet it was the same for all of those stores that opened on Thanksgiving.
    Pam- I sure will, but it should also be in your private messages here on the board. :)
    Katrina- Thinking of you and DH!!

11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening! Seems I didn't post yesterday but on my blog I put some of what happened this weekend... chores, chores, chores.
    DDIL will be having the baby this week. She spent the day here with the dog. She had contractions on and off. So not much was accomplished today except laundry a an itsy bit of crafting. We did watch 3 Christmas movies (Elf, 4 Christmases, Christmas switch).

Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

Jess, sounds like an interesting day. Hope that you manage to fit it all in.
    Lucie, a baby this week!!! Oh my goodness.

I have been pottering here, paid bills, transferred money to pay for procedure, loaded dish washer, fixed wreath n bedroom. Just mindless work trying to keep busy. I am looking at my decor for Christmas, I could have done a bit more, there are blanks spots. Will write notes in planner and maybe change it up for next year.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

I've not felt very well today, but I took my temperature and no fever. At 4, I had a headache and go up to take something and went back to bed. Up at 6 to get ready to go to work. Busy day at work today. If I still don't feel well tomorrow, I may call in and stay home. I'm sleepy tonight and will go to bed as soon as I get off here. DH usually watched television in the bedroom. I ousted him tonight and told him he could do the living room if he wants to watch TV.

It looks like everything is okay to get the loan for the house. I just need to know what we need to do from here for it to go forward. One bank my want to send someone to look at the house. I love that it's right next door, so it will be convenient to work on it.

Katrina, prayers for DH. Try to not worry.
    Pam, just do what has to be done and take one step at a time to keep from overtiring yourself.
    Lana, it will all come together. You always seem to get it all done.
    Faye, I know DGS is happy you can pick him up.
    Lucie, how exciting to have the baby this week! Christmas will be so fun.
    Jess, I'm sure you'll do fine on the Praxis. As busy as you are, I don't know how you're going to fit in working at Target, but I'm sure you'll make it work.
    Pamela, you're really good at dovetailing tasks together. Glad Sophie had a good visit and got home safely.
    Lisa, it seems the day was good at your house. Hope the snow doesn't get too bad.
    Debbie, it's nice to have backup if the electricity goes out. I was thinking tonight that at the new house, we won't have freestanding heaters to use if the power goes out.

I'm about to put myself to bed. Prayers for all of you to rest well and stay healthy.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

Miss Jane, thank you. I feel you all with us this afternoon.

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.