Aloha Friday 2/8/19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrsSoup, Feb 8, 2019.

1. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Happy Aloha Friday Friends!

2. MrsSoup

DH and I both worked on math with DS last night. I understood some of it and then once DH explained one of the other problems to me I easily got those too. So I worked on them alongside DS so I could better explain when he didn't understand DH. They don't work very well together sometimes. At one point, everyone was at the table except Eli. haha DD had homework as well. I hope he understands better now and that we figured out where he was going wrong. I think we did, but I am going to suggest Khan Academy to him today just for more practice. I don't think his teacher explains very well and goes very quickly so DS is lost in class. When we were going through last night, he knew exactly what he had been doing wrong on everything and couldn't believe it. It was a very simple mistake. There were other things that he was not understanding as we went through but the one thing was a big one that threw everything off.

DS doesn't have school today because of some wrestling match. I have PT this morning and then am taking Perry back to the Vet to get that lump checked again after a round of antibiotics. She will biopsy it again and see if the inflammation cleared up and see what it shows. If it is still concerning then they will want to take several samples to send off to an outside lab for testing. $$$ DS has PT this afternoon and DD has girl scouts this evening. I'm going to a neighbors house of my friend for a girl's movie night this evening. I think we are watching Pride and Prejudice. I will take wine and not sure what else or if i'm supposed to take anything at all, probably should find out. But I have 3 bottles of wine sitting here so might as well take at least one.

Enjoy your day!

3. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sunny and should be around 80 today. This is unusually warm for Tampa in February but I guess I should not complain.

DH and I spent the day at the State Fair yesterday. Visited all the vendors and helped the economy;). I got whole bunch of silly sox, some for me and some for gifts, a really nice pen that switches from ink to ball point and two pairs of ear cuffs. I had thought of getting another piercing but this is even nicer. DH got a new belt and new cleaning formula (he loves those things) and we both got new phones - he got an ipad too. Felt kind of droopy by the time we got home and my trigeminal neuralgia was acting up - which it hasn't for an age - and that was making me antsy. Somewhat better today after a half way decent nights sleep.

Don't know what today will bring. Need to do some straightening up and I think my mind is finally set to scrap - how long has it taken?

Diedra - hope you have finally gotten home ok.
    Jess - I never understood math either but DS is very good at it - even got an award in HS. Must be from DH's side of the family. Hope Perry gets a good report
    Katrina - sometimes I line my drawers with wrapping paper - sometimes Christmas paper - so if you run out of official lining paper try that
    Lucie - hope the office is finally rearranged and. you can get to work!
    Jane - sounds like you have and interesting weekend coming up!
    Lana - that hog should keep you in pork chops for quite a while
    Pam - how short did you cut your hair???
    Lori - I usually sleep poorly too so know what a good nights sleep is worth - glad you got one
    Jody - bet you got a lot of cleaning done yesterday after the early start

4. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I got a lot of things I wanted to get done yesterday and had plans for more but received a text from a former coworker and needed to talk to her she is having some issues with admin that I had too so needed to let her talk it out. She got a letter and hasn't opened it yet I told her if she needed to talk after she read it to call me and not to go back without a witness. (No union for anyone not classified as a teacher). All I can say is God Bless those that can work with middle school children.

About to head out for a root canal in about an hour. They said it is simple and quick, hope so.
    Have a nice day.

5. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

I have been AWOL for too long. One of my New Year's Resolutions was to be more faithful to this site. But life has gotten in the way. My daughter-in-law has gone down hill rapidly since we had our Christmas gathering. She is now on Hospice. So it is just a matter of time. My son told dgs (8 years old) that it is just a matter of time. Bless his little heart. Getting ready to go back over there as soon as I feed the cows. Please keep them in your prayer. Healing will not take place but peace and comfort for her.
    Jody - I taught Middle School for 27 years. It is a calling for sure. I taught elementary before switching to Middle School. But loved it.
    Debbie- I need to get back to scrapbooking. We (daughter -in-law #1&3) worked on dgd FFA Scrapbook that was due this week. Her mama wanted to so bad, but just could not sit up and do it. But we managed to get it done.

I leave for Australia the 1st of April. Will be gone for about 12 days. Getting excited, but hoping that things here at home are where I can go. If Lori lingers on I am not sure whether I will go or not.

I have certainly missed all of you!! Hoping you all have a wonderful day. God Bless You All

6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good afternoon.

I have been such a lazy slug today. I do not like being this way. My hips are really hurting for some reason,

For those who asked: I had about 5 or 6 inches cut off my hair. Plus I got bangs. Have not had them in years. I have a very round face, so I was hoping this would help take some of the roundness away from my face...at least look like it.

I need too put those pork chops in the crockpot. My mouth salivates just thinking about it.

Our temps have plummeted. So very cold. Happy that I got my running done earlier this week. Had NOWHERE to go today. Yay! So I am taking it easy. Got my kitchen cleaned up yesterday and most of the groceries put away. At least they are all in the kitchen. Now to get the laundry done. And I have not made my bed all week. Bad Pam! Bad Pam!

My living room is so boring. I need a punch of color. Just cannot decide which color. I have blue in here now, but am bored with it. Would not mind having a new comforter set, but that will have to wait for a while. Old Pam will have to save some money.

The movie, ELF, is on the Lifetime network. I love this movie! I think the mailroom scene is my favorite.

Guess I better see what I can get done before the day is over. Praying I get to see my boys this weekend. Don't know if Steve will come or not. Bless his little heart. He said there is new trouble with Lindsay, but hasn't been able to go into details yet. That girl is breaking everyone's heart.

Now, you all be careful, and stay safe and be blessed!

7. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Well 21/2 hours later and I have a pain free tooth and my permanent crown. The painful tooth had a temporary waiting for the permanent crown. I am waiting for the numbness to leave so I can eat something.

8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

I am home. I left this morning at 9am. The streets in Rochester had snow piled up in the center lanes about 2 feet high and the roads were very icy. Once on the highway the road cleaned up very nicely. Just some ice once in awhile. Most of the traffic was buzzing along at 65mph. When I got to the Twin Cities the roads were slick and icy. Saw several cars in the ditch. Silly drivers who think four wheel drive was made for ice. lol The rest of us were driving at about 30 for our top speed (normal speed limit was 70). Once out of the Cities in Wisconsin the highway was cleared of icy and snow. When I left the highway the road to our town had some snow packed on it so I went 40mph without any problems. Slowed way down once in our little town since the streets were snow packed. Dh and our snow plower guy had the driveway cleared for me. Dh said I would never have been able to drive in the garage with the 3 foot drifts. lol

I'll be back to Rochester in March for some heartburn testing. Nothing exciting, they just want to see why I'm having problems. I did find out they are the only place that has the testing equipment that tells them if the stomach muscles expand correctly when you eat. Not sure if that's the test they want to do since they said they would call me about an appointment.

LC1 said she is out of her sling except for comfort. Not sure how long off work she will be. I'll talk with her later. LC22 I believe is coming tonight or tomorrow. I had deleted some of her messages including the one where she said what day she is coming. lol Oh, check my messages, I had deleted LC22 message but I did message LC1 that she was coming on Friday. But LC22 had written that before she found out she is getting the apartment she looked at this week. Boots just started barking, LC22 is here and so is Dh who was doing the shopping.

Wishing all a good night. I need to go read messages to get caught up.

9. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

PT was rough this morning. I saw a new therapist, this makes #3. She kept pushing on the spot that I told her hurt and it just kept making it hurt worse and worse. :rolleyes: Then the therapist that i've seen twice I think came to do my exercises with me and I did double of one that made my quads on fire. It was just a rough session. They taped my ankle with KT tape to see if that helps and can't figure out why that area is still so painful to the touch but not when doing the exercises. I don't know either but it is. I had a new area of pain as well the other day and then this morning while there so I told them about it. Ugh!

Took Perry to the Vet, DS went with us too. They took another sample and it will go off to the lab. Another $250 for all of that. I hope it comes back nothing and just a regular old cyst, should know within a week. Finally home for the rest of the day except girl scouts. DD texted that she has a headache, not typical for her so I hope she's not getting sick. They built robots and are competing them against each other tonight and we have to sign up for booth sales when we drop off.

I have lost pretty much an entire day of studying, which is not good. Once everyone gets home it's no use trying because there's just too much noise and stuff going on. I tried yesterday and failed a quiz and unit test, not a big deal because they aren't really graded. I did retake the quiz and passed but still need to retake the unit test. I just can't concentrate with all the commotion of a busy household.

Debbie- The fair sounds nice! So do silly sox! I looked up ear cuffs and might have to get some for myself.
    Jody- Glad the tooth is all fixed up.
    Debbie- I'm so sorry for your family. I can't imagine how hard that must be for your DS and DGS! It's really good to see you though.
    Pam- I'm sure your hair looks fantastic!
    Diedra- Glad you were able to make it home safely!

10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening! slept not too bad last night with only a few night sweats. A good day at work today. Lunch with my ex-team-capitain. I finally know where my new desk will be, should be ok.
    Roads were VERY slippery on the way home and it is sooooo windy, can't see across the street. I'm afraid electricity might be affected. On Monday I ordered 2 Eton Blackout Buddy Emergency LED Flashlight and Nightlight ... they must be in the mail, think they would be useful tonight. 1 is for me and one will be for ds's house.
    DH is gone to his guitar lesson and I just finished vacuuming the sawdust he and plumber made everywhere yesterday. Tonight dh needs to tighten screws on the bathtub and normally we should be able to take a bath tonight, sure miss it! Been dirty 3 months ;) No Pam it ain't true... but a shower is not the same, sometimes you just need a bath.
    My to-do list is ready for the weekend. Ok, now sitting down to some tea and to 'Surviving Christmas' movie.

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

good morning,
    A quiet one here, DS is on a road trip to visit a friend and DH is at the farm. I really wanted some time to myself so I could do a few things so decided to stay at home.
    Plodding along in the kitchen, today will be cooking cupboard and baking cupboard decluttering and cleaning. These should not take too long as there is not a lot of sorting, more cleaning. It is much cooler today and it lets me know that Autumn is not that far away, I am so ready to snuggle in.
    Would like to get the house in order by then so it is warm and cozy for the upcoming Winter.

Debbie, sounds like a great day at the fair,
    Jody, rest that tooth, glad it is fixed,.
    Debbie, sorry that there is sad times for your family.
    Pam, hope that the pork chops turn out well.
    Dierda, you are always so busy, wow,
    Jess, hope that the ankle heals well soon, sorry PT was rough.

Posted a peppermint pie recipe in Everyday's a magical holiday thread. it's delicious

12. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again.

Just came back from dinner. Friday is shrimp and crab night at the base and that is always good. DH's eyes were too big for his stomach and has leftovers but I finished all of my pound of shrimp. And I did do some scrapping today:)

Debbie - so sorry to hear about DDIL - may it go easily for all of them
    Diedra - glad you're home
    Pam - would love to see a pic of your new haircut
    Jody - glad the root canal went quickly and was relatively painless
    Lucie - glad you know where your desk will be
    Katrina - enjoy your day home alone
    Jess - hope you stop hurting

13. sweetpumkinpye

Have cleaned the cooking cupboard and the cupboard that I keep the baking supplies in. They were both OK just needed cleaning.
    Have entered some notes in my planner and have had lunch. I am now deciding if I want to sit and do some knitting or some more cleaning.
    Hoping that you are all ready to snuggle in for a good and restful night.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

It's been a busy day. I got up a little earlier to get my things together to come to DD26's house when I got off work. Home is 13 miles south of work and DD's house is 50 miles northwest of work, so didn't want to add 26 miles to the trip. My first two classes were supposed to have a test today, but both copiers at work were down when I got there. I would have done it yesterday, but I wasn't at work because of the MRI. Such a fun start to the day! lol When DH got here, we went to get DD21's mail...another 30 miles west and back. Her roommate had something come up, so we didn't get to see her. We ate supper at Wing Stop...pretty good...just something out of the ordinary for a change. All the animals are fed, watered, and put to bed, now.

I dusted and swept, and did all the laundry, cleaned the bathroom, and cleaned the kitchen good at home last night before I went to bed. I didn't want to come home to a dirty house Sunday. I didn't get around to mopping, but I can do that Sunday afternoon. DD26 and DSIL should be home Sunday afternoon, so we'll leave in time to go to Sunday school on Sunday morning. I'm looking forward to having President's Day off next weekend!

DGS#1 has two baseball games tomorrow in a tournament, but I'm still deciding if I am going to brave the weather to go. Sitting outside for 4+ hours in thirty-something degree weather with the wind blowing may be more than I can take. It's about 15 miles from DD26's house....we do a lot of driving and traveling. Can you tell?

Debbie, I completely understand how things in life have to be on hold at this time. You'll be needed more than ever with things as they are with DDIL and DS's family.
    Katrina, I totally get wanting some time alone. DH has some things to do at home tomorrow and will go back home in the morning (he doesn't like for me to stay at DD's alone). I'm looking forward to some me time.
    Diedra, I'm so glad you made it home safely. I can't begin to imagine driving in road conditions like you have there. I'm praying DH and I can get out to see DD21 during our spring break, but I'm not so sure the roads will be passable. That seems quick that LC22 isn't having to wear her sling all day.
    Jess, it's frustrating to have things wrong and them to not be able to determine what's causing it. I hope things are okay with Perry.
    Debbie, it sounds like a fun day at the fair. Shrimp sounds good!
    Lucie, finally...a settle in at a desk. Is it a place you'll like? How much longer before the renovations are finished? You are so right about just wanting a bath sometimes. An elderly lady we knew had her tubs taken out of her two bathrooms and just showers put in. Then, her house burned. When she rebuilt, that was one of the first things she asked for was a tub...for that very reason...sometimes, you just need a bath!
    Jody...ugh...a root canal! So thankful you have that behind you.
    Pam, that's the very reason I did my running earlier this week, too. Too cold to be out and about running errands. Our wind here was awful yesterday and today. I hope you really like the new haircut.

I should get myself to bed. Night, everyone. Rest well.

15. sweetpumkinpye

winding up for the day, it has been a long one but got loads done.
    Just watching a movie on Netflix and then bed.

Hope you all have a great night.