And it's August 1st, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Aug 1, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

Here we are, another month gone by. I feel like I should post this and then head over to the Christmas in July board - oh, wait, CIJ is over! Seems like yesterday I was pinning and planning posts and now we'll be moving on to August Rudolph Day before you know it and we're that much closer to Christmas.

Nothing on the agenda today and that's fine with me. Woke up with a stiff neck on one side, slept the wrong way on the pillow I guess. My neighbors are gone - the moving truck pulled out yesterday and I heard them making a racket last night which must have been them cleaning so they could have their check-out inspection today. I will not be sorry to see them leave, between the dog who barked all.the.time and the three kids who made so much noise I swear they were roller skating in the house, I hope we get a nice quiet couple as our new neighbors.

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hey Pam and all to come!

We got 6/10ths of rain last night. Was a blessing.

The smell (really thought it was a mouse) was from the tub drain. No water in the trap. According to Allen. Still there but is leaving.

Last night we went deer looking--was so nice and cool. Our July weather started out VERY hot but the last week or 2 has been pleasant. Lower temps and no humidity. Mid 90's are starting back up.

Tomorrow Jaymee, Teig and her best friend Erin and her daughter are planning to go to the St. Louis zoo. That will be fun for them.

We are also still interested in the land in Ashley but there is a 70' patch that nobody has a deed for. Can be traced a short time and then gone. The guy who has the property made the comment when first interested that he wasn't going to pay closing or any fees so I think he knows even tho 6 or 7 people say it goes with what he is selling. So now to decide if we want to have a title search done or not. Will call a lady at the title company I know and ask a few questions. Nothing can be easy!!!! The house isn't up for sake yet but she is the first interested in it. They woman died about a month ago so still has to go thru probate.

I better move along and do a few things. I did pack lunch before I got on here and I am dressed.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I've had that happen before too. Now I pour water down any rain I haven't used at least a few times a month. Funny how well those traps work.

5. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! woke up at 9:00! wow that is late for me... very late!
    Just received a bag of goodies from AlliExpress... miniature candies... they are so cute! I will be making a gingerbread house (with a birdhouse from the dollar store).
    I went over my gift closet this week too.
    today should be errands but don't know what time we are leaving - dh is off at the garage with ds's car.

Later

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It's in the 70's and cloudy in Manlius NY - just outside of Syracuse.

Last night DH slept in SIL's house and I slept in the camper. It was lovely - I played all my music and read until I fell asleep. Buffy didn't even wake me - the brief rainshower woke me. Earlier we all went out to dinner at a local brewery which was nice.

Today we are taking MIL to lunch. Don't know what else. A few days relaxing and doing some shopping before the caravan begins.

Lana - glad it was not a mouse
    Jane - rotten about the job postings
    Lucie - what a late sleep for you!
    Pamela - glad you've got a free day
    Deb - glad you're posting again
    Pam - when did they reschedule your surgery for?
    Jess - glad DS is happy to be home again

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I guess i'm walking by myself for the third day this week. I texted my friend and no answer. Since that week she cancelled on me a bunch I haven't really initiated...well guess that means she doesn't walk with me if I don't initiate it. I'm still getting my workout either way. This is our last week because school starts on Monday. I actually haven't even seen her since Chad left on Sunday. I've been busy with appointments and migraines. :oops: Guess we'll have to get together today. I had another migraine yesterday.

My classes officially start today! I have to go in and accept them and I have until September 10th to get my first class completed but i'm hoping to get it finished before then. This afternoon I have to take DS to school to get his schedule. They are closed until then for meetings. DH is meeting my mom and stepdad this evening for dinner in Missouri. I'm a little jealous.

I have a lot of laundry to do today and that's about it. I do need to run and get a new black ink cartridge for my printer.

Jane- I'm sorry for DS about the job. That's BS and I would make a formal complaint about how they do things to the state. I feel like a lot of small schools or districts do that, buddy system stuff.
    Pamela- Neighbors like that are awful!
    Lana- Interesting that piece of land has no deed.
    Lucie- Good job on sleeping in! Wish I could do that. My body just won't.
    Debbie- Glad you had a good nights sleep!

Enjoy your day!

8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. very slow at work this morning. hot and humid calling for rain later. going to check out what fall stuff i have and what i want to get . happy august 1 st

9. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon, All!

I have been working like crazy on my apartment. I have emptied lots of boxes. Glad to have the armoire. It is almost filled with fabric! I was hoping to finish up this week, but I don't think that will happen. I am taking a bit of a break today. Let my back rest. Debbie, there hasn't been a reschedule of my surgery yet. I am hoping for next week, but it depends on the surgeon's schedule and test results.

Got the best news today! MJ's cancer has healed up! No more treatments! Isn't that wonderful? I am so happy for her! As my DD said, Yay, God!

I am being really lazy! Haven't done anything except take a shower and wash my hair. Oh, and had some toast. I better slow down, here! Lol

Enjoy the rest of your day!

luludou likes this.
  10. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

It was a 5:30 am start at work and last night's manager left unsettled funds. Totally off by a lot. All the paperwork was trashed, I went looking for it but no luck. Boss finally said she would doctor the report to balance it. Something wasn't done right. SMH.

I am tired and cranky. I came home venting because the water company was work and dump a pile of dirt into the road and you can't get past. Finally, reached the house. I came in upset and DH looks at me and says I am going upstairs. ha ha! That's what we do when we are irritated with each other. Very few arguments between us.

I still have to work yet today. I have a festival wrap up meeting at 5 pm. Can't wait to be done. I have a table of contents for the procedure book I made for the person given the task next year. I have all the thank you notes written too.! I think I wrote 15 or 16 yesterday. Yay, I could of sent emails but I felt a more personal note was in order.
    TTYL

11. MrsSoup

I have laundry almost accomplished, my desk cleared off and ready to work and I approved my courses and am officially enrolled in school. Turns out my friends youngest was up not feeling well most of the night so she fell asleep with her on the couch early this morning and that's why she didn't walk this morning. She was sleeping with her. I woke her up when I tried to call after 8.

I printed out some of a study guide i'm going to use but my printer left some things out so I stopped. I'll stop at the PX to get an ink cartridge on the way home from DS's school and then print the rest out. Actually, I may run to Walmart because I need a couple curtain rods and some new curtains for DS's room because his old ones aren't going to work, they are too long because his desk is in the way. I want to read a chapter and fill out as much as I can today to get started. I took a pre-test this morning to see what I know and only missed two out of twelve. Not too shabby.

DH had a change of plans and is going to go down to my mom's tomorrow afternoon instead of meeting them halfway for dinner tonight. Lucky him gets to go out on the lake in their new boat. Not sure how he finagled that.

I better get back to work.

12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

The neighbor girls came to do their art. One of the girls was a substitute since one could not come. They both had a great time. I totally forgot to take photos. I sent the art home with them to dry. Now if they can leave it alone long enough to dry it will be ok.

This morning was a work day for DD so she was screaming and yelling but did end up going to work. I left to buy some art supplies. I went to pick up DD's friend since she was off work. We went to three thrift stores (friend loves them) and Hobby Lobby. Then I took her to lunch at Smashburger. Both of us were happy campers.

Dinner will be leftover lamb chops from the freezer and DD will probably opt to have hot dogs. She thinks lamb tastes like liver. lol

Dh is now napping. We are waiting for a rain storm that seems to be missing us. If it doesn't happen we will have to water the lawn in the morning. It is so dry here and the coming week is looking like temps in the high 80s to 90s. I'll be staying inside.

Wishing all a good evening.

13. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Diedra, we have had sheep before kids were ever in school and I have never tasted lamb.

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    It is so quiet here this morning that I had a bit of a sleep in. Must have needed it.
    Have had breakfast and am ready to tackle to chores for the day. Really need to clean the fridge, something has been spilt in there and it is sticky. Washing is on the go. Need to pop library books back at some stage.

Dinner tonight will be chicken, corn on the cob and a potato bake. Might throw some garlic bread in too.
    Speak soon,
    XOXO

15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

My back is not.doing.good. My leg is numb, too. I've not really let DH know just how bad it is. I really need to call my primary doctor and discuss options and who he thinks I need to see for it. I'm not sure I can teach with my back like this.

Okay, so get this. DH bought a local paper today, and the advertisement is in the paper this week for the administrative position DS was going to apply for and it says they are taking applications through the 9th, even though the lady whom they (have already) hired called and told him she was hired for that position Monday. How's that for you?! Just makes my blood boil! I told him he should take his application up there just as if he doesn't know she's already hired and turn it in.

DH and I are supposed to go shopping for him some work clothes tomorrow. Praying I can get my back to a point where I can at least enjoy part of the day. I'm okay if I can sit off and on.

Pamela, fingers crossed you'll get good neighbors.
    Lana, we were told some land we were interested in didn't have a clear title. As it turned out, some of the paper work was filed in the wrong log book at the courthouse. Maybe you could get someone to check into it? It was sold to someone else when the title was discovered, much to our dismay.
    Diedra, I don't care for lamb, either. I would probably join DD for a hotdog! Did you have to water the yard?
    Lucie, I think our bodies just know when we need that extra sleep. Probably did you good.
    Jessica, I hope you enjoy your classes.
    Katrina, cleaning the fridge is one of my least favorite things to do. Hope you found the sticky culprit.
    Jody, it sounds like you had a long unpleasant day. Will this be your last year to work for the park?
    Debbie, it sounds like an enjoyable visit with DS.

Hope you all have a restful night.

16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

missjane,
    I can understand why you are ticked about the job advert, seems very unfair to me.
    Waited on the phone this morning to the customer service dept of our email company for 45 minutes. Seem that I need to reset my password as I cannot send emails. Was told that I have a new account and it will need to go to the IT dept and should have a new password in 24-48 hours!!!! Mind you my account with this company is at least 10 years old. I was very close to losing my cool.

Fridge has been cleaned. Now writing in the planner items that I want to stockpile in preparation for Spring/Summer.

17. MrsSoup

Jane- I'm almost wondering if that woman really does have the job or if she was just trying to scare him off because he's a better candidate than she is. Why would they still run the add and go to the trouble of advertising the job if they've already hired her? Are they actually going to interview people just for show? That seems like an awful lot of trouble to me if they've already hired someone. If they are advertising it, I would absolutely go turn in my application. Prayers for your back.

My first class is Foundational Perspectives of Education. Then Mathematics for Elementary Educators and then Principles of Psychology, Child and Adolescent Development for Educators. If I get all of those finished and still have enough time before my 6 month term is up, I can do another course which will put me ahead. That is my goal.

I have my friend's kids staying the night tonight. Figured I would return the favor. I don't have anything going on tomorrow anyway and sure didn't have any plans tonight. I'm going to continue reading my chapter and taking notes, so exciting!

18. PamelaG

Good luck with your classes - Sophia started July 1 and has until the end of December to complete four classes. She has two complete already, the third one is almost done, and then that just leaves the fourth. She'll be way ahead of the schedule. It's so great to be able to go at your own pace. If she has to take a couple of days off for her move, it's not like she's going to miss class!

MrsSoup likes this.
  19. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

MissJane have you tried a chiropractor? My hips bother me and after a couple of trips I am good. If I keep up the monthly maintenance I don't have problems. Notice the word if. I can get to feeling good and don't think to make an appointment until I having trouble again. Yes, this is my last summer working at the forest preserve. I am looking forward to being home and getting out the sewing machine, after some major cleaning out of stuff we have not looked at or touched for years. All that I might need that....

20. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Jess, this kind of stuff happens in our school district all the time. If they have someone they want to hire and they're not qualified, they create a new job title for the job so they can hire who they want to have it. I know the lady personally...she's actually one of the people on our faculty that I'm very close to. She wouldn't just tell him that. If she said it, it's true. He's still turning in his application Monday.

Jody, where we live, the chiropractors are not so reliable. I plan to talk to my family practitioner and get an appointment with a spine and neck institute in our state that is very good. As long as I was going to PT, I was getting better. Mainly, what I want done right now is an MRI to find out exactly what's going on. So far, all I've had is x-rays. After that, we'll go from there. Thanks for the advice!

MrsSoup likes this.